# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Re: Round 6 -Broncos vs Roosters

I couldn't be more thrilled with the win, we took it to a genuine premiership threat team and won it. If we had better field goal takers we would have won in normal time too.

We did it without three first choice back line players and without Blair.

That's impressive no matter which way you spin it.

As I said earlier, I was all for the penalty kicks, Roosters keep conceding penalties, we made them pay for it and in the end those 3 penalties got us to extra time to win the game.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Wonder when we will see Milford's running game. Great win, brilliant in fact, but really, why did we buy Milford? This 5/8 experiment isn't working for mine. Nevertheless, that was one of the best performances by the Broncos forwards I have seen in a long time, and the best game from Thaiday in ages. Impressive how we stayed composed and determined. This was a memorable win and shows we are real chances this year ... even more so when Milford starts playing his natural game

Grimmiq

Grimmiq

NYC Player
Apr 3, 2013

Great game but my head almost exploded at 80mins..Seeing Maranta trot along up to the defense..pause like he's accepting a tackle..then turning and popping it off to an unsuspecting player and almost giving the Roosters the ball at full time, 10m out with no one ready. **** me dead.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014

Thaiday, Parker and Hunt were the highlights, though Hunt also had some dud moments. Actually pretty much all the startng forwards went well.

Disappointed with Maranta, his kick returns are so soft and relaxed.

Yep. Stood there and waited for them to come to him. Offloaded to Vidot twice (which makes sense really).
Then at full time he tried to do the same and passed it straight into an opposition player. If he's going to stay in NRL he needs to go forwards not think about it.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

What a great game and a great win. To beat a quality team like the Roosters in a close one whilst never having held the lead is fantastic. I'm very proud and happy tonight.

What a great way to spend your Friday night, I gave Josh McGuire a hug after the game.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Oh here's one!

Its-freakin-awesome.-Thrilled-and-ecstatic-GIF.gif

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Thaiday, Parker and Hunt were the highlights, though Hunt also had some dud moments. Actually pretty much all the startng forwards went well.

Disappointed with Maranta, his kick returns are so soft and relaxed.
Luckily he's basically third choice fullback (and does an admirable job that considered), even fourth choice if you count the attacking half with Hodges chiming in.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Yeah Maranta was dick tonight, the way his smug face just strolls back after catching bombs makes me want to slap him, put some fucking effort into it mate!

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
It pains me to say it, but a semi-special mention to Reed tonight, he still made a couple of costly errors in defence, but he had a try saving tackle and some good runs in attack, it was probably his "least-terrible" performance of the year.

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
Seriously all the hate on Milford and maranta, your kidding? You cannot deny the fact that maranta gives his all every game, he had no errors caught every ball, never got out muscles on lick returns like he usually does, and you's still aren't happy. In my opinion this is the best win the broncos have done since 2006 grand final. There going to be special at the end of the year. And all you so called fans will be on the band wagon like the rabbitiohs supporters. And Milford is still yet to find his form, but his running display creates space on the outside. And he had a line break and burnt everyone! And the before that he had another to just make a silly mistake and pass it forward, but that's forgive able for 20 year old rookie... ROOKIE! He's no Lockyer he's a rookie!

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Man, it's so good to have a team that I can have faith in again. In the last few years, if the Broncos were behind, I never felt like they'd get back in front, and if they were in front, I never felt like they could hold it. But these guys this year - they really have had a huge shift in attitude. I was never a fan of bringing Bennett back but I can't deny the results.

They are still rough in parts - the kicking game, most notably - but in terms of just being competitive, of giving it all, leaving it on the field, having pride in the jersey. It's actually fun to watch them again. Not the agony and misery of the Griffin era post-Lockyer.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Well I'll be...

This is one of those games where if you wanted to put it under a magnifying glass, you could tear it to shreds but you'd be missing the point and right now there is just this over-riding, almost nagging sense of pride.

As great as the try was, to me it was Parker's run on half-way that got us on the front foot and put it all in motion. A great run from one of the greatest players to pull on a Broncos jersey.

There's a lot to cover but ever since the game went into golden point, I can't sit still.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Man, it's so good to have a team that I can have faith in again. In the last few years, if the Broncos were behind, I never felt like they'd get back in front, and if they were in front, I never felt like they could hold it. But these guys this year - they really have had a huge shift in attitude. I was never a fan of bringing Bennett back but I can't deny the results.

They are still rough in parts - the kicking game, most notably - but in terms of just being competitive, of giving it all, leaving it on the field, having pride in the jersey. It's actually fun to watch them again. Not the agony and misery of the Griffin era post-Lockyer.

Sums up my thoughts exactly

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Yeah I'm astonished, it's rare for us to beat one of the competitions best.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Starting forwards tonight -

McGuire - 148m & 36 tackles
McCullough - 76m & 48 tackles
Thaiday - 108m & 36 tackles
Glenn - 142m & 27 tackles
Gillett - 110m & 32 tackles
Parker - 143m & 41 tackles

That's what you call a well-rounded performance against one of the biggest and hardest running packs in the competition.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Well I'll be...

This is one of those games where if you wanted to put it under a magnifying glass, you could tear it to shreds but you'd be missing the point and right now there is just this over-riding, almost nagging sense of pride.

As great as the try was, to me it was Parker's run on half-way that got us on the front foot and put it all in motion. A great run from one of the greatest players to pull on a Broncos jersey.

There's a lot to cover but ever since the game went into golden point, I can't sit still.

haha me too mate. Wife just asked me am I coming to bed, and I said "yeah, maybe at about 2 or 3" I have at least to replays of that to watch first

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bish
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • TimWhatley
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Behold
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.