Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

S

Syklone

BRL Player
Mar 13, 2013
Did anyone else get revved up when RTS knocked on and Parker absolutely gave it to him on the floor?

What a cracking game!!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
haha me too mate. Wife just asked me am I coming to bed, and I said "yeah, maybe at about 2 or 3" I have at least to replays of that to watch first

I was pretty calm through out too. I was just happy to see the Broncos compete against one of the better teams but then when the boys got a sniff I was on the edge of my seat.

I was seriously like Sully during the last passage of play...

Just all like...

tumblr_m3nwcc4BRZ1qfjd5ao3_250.gif

when Hunt throws a pass to nobody after making a half-break.

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
Last season and a few seasons before that, we lose these types of close games to the top 4 sides in the competition.
This season, we win them.
For the life of me, I will never understand the people who were against bringing Wayne Bennett back home. This is what Wayne is made for, to instil a winners mentality and a desire in us where we believe in ourselves.
We have been lacking confidence for so long, it was beautifully ugly to watch that game tonight.
Our attack is sloppy, there is no real speed, intensity or flow in our attack, but that will improve.
We let in some soft tries tonight, very soft, especially the Maloney try.
We are a work in progress, I am super glad I have egg all over my face as I truly didn't expect a victory tonight, but we are building to something, 5 wins in a row, you beauty.
Ben Hunt is a GOD send! How good is the bloke?!
I'm proud of the way Thaiday stood up for us against that dog JWH, they thought they were going to bully us but they were wrong. We don't seem intimidated anymore, I see confidence building slowly in us, this is so refreshing to see.
I'm still not sure what we will do in this comp this season, but that's 5 wins in a row, sitting on top of the NRL ladder, I'll be sleeping very well tonight.
Who's got highlights of the game?!

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Re: Round 6 -Broncos vs Roosters

Thaiday, Parker and Hunt were the highlights, though Hunt also had some dud moments. Actually pretty much all the startng forwards went well.

Disappointed with Maranta, his kick returns are so soft and relaxed.

Getting ready for more of that when our "first choice" fullback....Boyd comes back into the side.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
There's literally no scenario in which Milford plays Fullback for the Broncos, hate to break it to you guys!

He's been pretty invisible in a lot of our games, but as someone said earlier, he's not killing us like Hoffman was, he's playing similar to what Barba was doing at Five-Eighth for us, let's hope he keeps improving as the season goes on.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
It's not about Milford. It's about how he is told to play and the structures he has to play with. As for Maranta, no hate from me. We won against a very good side, and you don't do that with a weakness at FB. He was solid and did what was needed. Thing is, we will be doing a lot better from the back quite soon. I find that exciting, as exciting as the possibility that the team structures will adjust to accommodate Milford's strengths, instead of ignoring them.

I didn't care for your first comment but this is getting somewhere near to the truth.

Brisbane haven't figured yet how to play with Anthony Milford.

Anthony Milford hasn't figured out yet how to play with Brisbane.

There's good signs though....it's only RD6. I still believe its just a few games away from clicking.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Long time reader, first time poster. What a win! I am 1st to admit I wasn't so sure about re-signing Thaiday but WOW!!! Resign him now. And hunt... He is a pure game winner, ppl are getting picky about his bad moments! He scored 2 tries and created the other and stood up when it matters. Without him we score NO tries, literally. He has bad moments but he is the 1st game winner we have had since Lockyer or langer... I cannot believe people are still being negative after the best win in around 7 or 8 years tho. Lockyer wasn't a game winner after 6 months at 5/8th. That's right, a future immortal wasn't! So why would a 20 year old be?! He played 5/8th in juniors, just like Lockyer but not just a matter of changing where u stand. It's commanding the ball, creating space instead of receiving it, tackling more, being targeted in defence and attack... Plus more! And maranta was SAFE, I will happily take that from a 3rd string fullback...

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Was totally expecting the Roosters to pull it out of the fire near the end there..

That win just set up our season, they've proved they'll do whatever it takes to win.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
THAT WAS FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE!!

I've finally been to a win against the Roosters after all these years.

I've just got back from the hospital because I damn near broke my hand punching the chair in front of me when Hunt scored that try.

That was a very mixed performance from Hunt. He did some good things, but he pretty much gave Roosters the chance to win that game. But he made up for it. He went from villain to hero.

And how good was Thaiday? My god. I haven't seen that kind of determination in a very long time. He was a goddamn machine in defense and he ran as hard as he could.

Those hits from the forwards were something I've been wanting for a long time. If you want to beat the best packs in the comp, you fight fire with fire. You line them up and you hit them hard.

Great night of footy!

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
You're not wrong vertigo, we've played 3 of our toughest games already and we're sitting on top of the ladder (Rabbitohs, Roosters, Cowboys)

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Went to the game and what an atmosphere. I could have gladly killed Matanta and Hunt on a couple of occasions but I'm happy for the win. Hunt's positives certainly outweighed his negatives, but some very poor decisions from him tonight.

Thaiday....oh Thaiday. I don't have the words for what he showed us tonight. I hope beyond hope that Benny is right now in his ear drumming into him what his contribution meant to the side tonight. Dare I say it, inspirational. JWH was getting soooo annoyed. I love the taste of Fried Chicken.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
To pull up a bit of history of clashes between these two clubs.

The Roosters have played the Broncos the following week after playing the Sharks 5 times.

They have won 3 out of those 5 games.

The last time they lost to the Sharks and Broncos in consecutive weeks was 1990.

However, the Roosters have never lost to the Broncos in Brisbane the following week after losing to the Sharks.

They have come up to Brisbane after a loss twice and won both of those games.

Will it be 3rd time lucky for the Broncos? Let's bloody hope so because I'm getting sick of losing to them.

3rd time lucky fellas.

**** YEAH!!!

Mosyzlak

Mosyzlak

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2013
Holy crapballs, I was scaring the dogs with some of the noises coming out of me from 18-18 onwards! What a game, absoloute cracker! On TV live in NSW as well just made it all that much better, don't need to avoid BHQ or Facebook for 2 hours.

Slammin Sam is back! Some of those tackles were huge and you couldn't call a single one of them dirty!! You could see the difference when he went off but we stuck in there till 50th minute when he came back on and lit it up again.

Ben Hunt had an awesome game with some shades of bad. His kicking on the last is usually predictable and his dropouts today were short but they were all later in the game which ran at breakneck speed the whole time. Milf's rushed bomb had some torpedo on it and I thought we could use a few more of them. He's really great at stabbing kicks and grubbers. Though his grubbers in close on the left don't work to well. That finish though!

Really shits me that other teams seem to linger in a tackle for that extra 1/4 second and never get penalised whereas we roll off like the NRL is wanting. I know the pens were 9-5 but I think there were at least 4 more in there

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
When the Roosters got their first penalty....in the first set.....a roosters supporter behind us yelled "They've been doing it all day sir!!!" The game was roughly 1min old lol. I fucking lost it!!!

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
Isn't it amazing, the change in attitude across the entire team this year has been so dramatic. Last year we lose those games. Everyone is playing with a purpose, it's not perfect and we still make errors and give away penalties but damn, we are playing to win! So proud of this team this year.

Can't wait for next week!!!

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Maranta isn't being unfairly criticised. He went full retard tonight.

He stood still when the first try happened.
He walked into the line on kick returns.
He jogged towards Malonys grabber that led to another try.
He tried to 'not in my house' a drop goal attempt that was about to hit the post and could've potentially tipped it over the post.
He caught the ball on full time froze up then decided to surrender into te tackle, only to pass the ball to a roosters player who luckily dropped it.

Absolute spaz.

Active Now

• barker
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Stix
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Swordfish
  • Alec
  • Brocko
  • TimWhatley
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Big Del
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.