# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
From [MENTION=8311]Harry Sack[/MENTION]:

21:33
"Seen some tards in my time but maranta takes the fucking cake" (right after the goal-tending)

21:34
"Maybe Hunt" (kick out on the full)

21:42
"Roast fucking chicken bitches"

22:02
"Tastes like victory" (picture of a very greasy looking hot dog with a bite out of the weiner)

You were on such an emotional rollercoaster.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
When the Roosters got their first penalty....in the first set.....a roosters supporter behind us yelled "They've been doing it all day sir!!!" The game was roughly 1min old lol. I fucking lost it!!!

Were you sitting on the Milton end opposite side of the away supporter bay?

I heard someone call out that, as well.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I didn't care for your first comment but this is getting somewhere near to the truth.

Brisbane haven't figured yet how to play with Anthony Milford.

Anthony Milford hasn't figured out yet how to play with Brisbane.

There's good signs though....it's only RD6. I still believe its just a few games away from clicking.

One of the ways things will click, which will make a big difference, is for the game plan to allow Milford to vary his game more, from play making up front, but also from coming deeper from the back as a ball runner.

So far this season, the forwards are really shining - I am so impressed by the discipline, tackling technique and effort. Now, it is time for our really strong back line to get more opportunities. Reed played a very good game but I got the impression - correct me if I am wrong, that he was running more as a back rower, angled into the middle. Copley seemed to get very little ball and on a few occasions, I thought he looked good.

With Hodges and Kahu back, I expect to see our backs start to fire and that will make this very good side even better.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Were you sitting on the Milton end opposite side of the away supporter bay?

I heard someone call out that, as well.

Confirmed. Corporate seating or some such, Section 518 I think.

B

Bronc911

Feb 23, 2015
Is NRL.com having a spaz tonight ? Saying we are on 9 points and drew the game on the ladder. Unless I've completely missed a new rule where if you win in extra time you only get a point ?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Re: Round 6 -Broncos vs Roosters

Object moved

Press conference.

Sum up interesting points
- Wouldn't have won that 6 weeks ago
- Very impressed with Thaiday, Parker, McGuire, Copley
- Thaiday will continue to be on the bench, if you want to be in the team you need to sacrifice
- Maranta is fourth choice fullback
- We miss Blair enormously
- Whole forward pack played well and guys covering injuries are doing a great job.
- Hasn't rebuilt the place, said he's walked into clubs that were a basket case and this wasn't one of them, and that the previous coaches here deserve a lot of credit and weren't as bad as the media wrote about them. He said he didn't re-invent the wheel, he's just added a few things to get more out of them.
- Alex Glenn try was part of game plan, they ran that same play 4 times before it came off, and that when playing the top teams there's no magic formula, you have to have perseverance and continue following the same processes until you get a result.
- We didn't crumble after conceding a try like the Rabbitohs game.

That's all I can remember.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Is NRL.com having a spaz tonight ? Saying we are on 9 points and drew the game on the ladder. Unless I've completely missed a new rule where if you win in extra time you only get a point ?
Whoever updated the ladder made a mistake, it'll be fixed soon enough.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I liked what Thaiday was doing in the back play tonight.

He was talking a lot and revving the boys up trying to get them to lift. He did that after the Glenn try.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Shout-out to Mark Gasnier who said on Fox last night that the Broncos a) are on the slide, and b) are no chance against the Rooters.

Sliding upstream like a salmon maybe.

What a dolt, we've just won five in a row for the first time since 2012.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

You know what I like the most about this video?

It isn't the Broncos tries and Ben Hunt's pearler in Golden Point.

It's because it doesn't include Ray Hadley. That is fucking gold right there.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

morganmorgan

NYC Player
Mar 9, 2015
What's with all the milf hate and saying we have broken him? What exactly did we break? Late in that 2nd half he still made a few breaks and its only the 6th round FFS. Some people on here are way to concerned about right now when they should be thinking about what will happen when Boyd comes back and releases so much pressure off both of the halves and we go to the next level.

I definitely think is our long term 5/8. Knows how to throw a good ball and knows how to kick... I believe WB has said don't worry about kicking just yet find your feet 1st. He is still finding his feet and will be for the rest of the season. Not sure what he has done that has been bad or enough to doubt him?

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
Hard to single out any forwards in that game as they all had massive massive games BUT Sam Thaiday, stand up and take a bow! That was your win by far. An absolute cracking game and never took a step back, fired up all the boys and lead from the front setting the tone for the game, outstanding! As someone said earlier, controlled aggression and didn't let JWH get under his skin.

The atmos after Hunts try was deadset state of origin like, awesome. Funny too walking out the tunnel after the game someone was yelling, "Broncs are legit, Broncs are legit" summed it up to a tee.

Great game and well done lads.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Long time reader, first time poster. What a win! I am 1st to admit I wasn't so sure about re-signing Thaiday but WOW!!! Resign him now. And hunt... He is a pure game winner, ppl are getting picky about his bad moments! He scored 2 tries and created the other and stood up when it matters. Without him we score NO tries, literally. He has bad moments but he is the 1st game winner we have had since Lockyer or langer... I cannot believe people are still being negative after the best win in around 7 or 8 years tho. Lockyer wasn't a game winner after 6 months at 5/8th. That's right, a future immortal wasn't! So why would a 20 year old be?! He played 5/8th in juniors, just like Lockyer but not just a matter of changing where u stand. It's commanding the ball, creating space instead of receiving it, tackling more, being targeted in defence and attack... Plus more! And maranta was SAFE, I will happily take that from a 3rd string fullback...

Welcome
And great first post

uptheguts

uptheguts

QCup Player
Oct 24, 2013
WB has brought back some true grit to this side. I really appreciate the way all the fowards ran the ball up all night into a pack of hard hitting big boppers, Took guts. Thaiday led brilliantly. The effort the boys put in to quick play the balls was crucial. Our line speed was better until exhaustion took its toll. Of course our attack need a lot of work , but somehow we are managing to score enough tries.

I think I am a fan of the 1,2,3 count the refs silently put on the hold down. Its a good simple guide line for players .Why not just do the count out loud rather then continually calling out players by name to get off. Hope the same rule applies to origin.

Last edited:
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Thought I'd do what I did last week and give my opinion on each player. Might have got it wrong on some guys, as I was pretty caught up in how intense the match was, so wasn't really analysing performances! Anyway...

1. Lachlan Maranta
He was okay – cleaned up well at the back a few times, although his positioning was questionable. Got done far too easily by SKD for that first try, and then was nowhere to be seen when Cordner scored. He actually made a tackle two plays before and must’ve been a bit lazy getting back to where he should have been. Needs to run with a bit more heart when returning kicks – I know he’s not the biggest player, but come on son, put at least a little effort into it. Looked very assured under the high ball as usual, but doesn’t have the nous to be an effective fullback in attack. That field-goal block effort could have ended very, very badly for us!

2. Corey Oates
Both of our wingers didn’t really get much of a chance to shine tonight. Oates was pretty solid, except for when he allowed Macdonald to get around him on the outside. Honestly, can’t say much else, as he wasn’t really involved. Made some very useful metres coming out of our half.

3. Jack Reed
A bit better than recent weeks and put in a sensational tackle on Macdonald just when he was about to streak down the sideline. Again, we didn’t really use our backs well in attack, so not much for him to do on that front. His defence continues to improve.

4. Dale Copley
What I love about Copley is that he’s such a strong runner of the ball. Has the ability to bump away from defenders, which is an excellent quality for a centre. Like our other backs, no real chances to do anything last night, but he had some good carries of the ball, and his footwork is starting to look fairly sharp again.

5. Daniel Vidot
Reliable is probably not a word many would associate with Vidot on here, but that’s what he was last night - didn’t take any great risks, just kept it safe and simple. Made some monster metres for us when our forwards were tiring, and sometimes I think we take that aspect of his game for granted. Was chuffed he got another opportunity after copping it after that dropped ball last week. He’ll probably be the first to go when everyone’s back to full fitness, but I don’t think he should be.

6. Anthony Milford
The hottest debate on BHQ right now! Look, I’m still open to the idea of Milford at five-eighth, even though it’s clearly going to take some time for him to learn the position. Coming up against one of the best teams in the competition, last night was probably never going to be the night he showed us all what he can do in the halves. I thought his running game looked okay in parts, but he needs to show a bit more confidence and get involved in other areas of play to relieve some of the pressure on Hunt. We’re going to have to wait till much later in the season to see if he’ll fit our style in the five-eighth role.

7. Ben Hunt
Bit of an up and down one for Hunt. In my opinion he wasn’t as bad as some folks were making out in the match thread, he just tried to do too much at times. Milford and McCullough really need to help out from time to time, because at the moment the onus is all on Hunt to fulfil basically every attacking task, and he’s clearly feeling it. His dummy and run is reaching a JT-like level, I love it. I mentioned it in the match thread – his short stature and running game remind me a lot of Joey. His kicking game was a bit hit and miss, but you know he’s always good for two or three kicks that pin down the opposition in the corner – always comes up with them when they matter too. He did miss that tackle on Maloney who went on to score, but he should never have been left so isolated in defence out there.

8. Josh McGuire
Another mammoth performance from The Big Show. He just keeps going and going – has to play Origin based on his current form. The only thing I wish he would do a bit more is pass before the line, but I think he’s just so keen to barge into the defence like a maniac that he forgets sometimes.

9. Andrew McCullough
Pretty solid showing from Macca last night - picked his moments well, with some timely scoots out of dummy-half when the opportunity was there. Fantastic as usual in defence, but would like to see him do some more kicking.

10. Sam Thaiday
Best I’ve seen Sam play in recent memory. He was just huge out there, an absolute dynamo. The aggression and heart he showed set the tone for our victory. Absolutely schooled that tough guy wannabe with the fat head. Man of the match for me by quite a margin.

11. Alex Glenn
Man, Glenn is in some damn good form and that try was the icing on the cake. He’s back to the standard he was a few years ago where he’s making very good metres and looking strong in defence. We’re using him so much better than we did for the majority of Griffin’s reign.

12. Matt Gillett
Much better with the ball in hand this week than he was against the Warriors. Stepped up a few times to take a run when we really needed someone to. Defensively he’s improved a lot this year, which is great to see. Would love it if we could get him the ball with a bit more time and space on his side.

13. Corey Parker

Just another typical Parker performance. Colossal in both attack and defence. Delighted he nailed that kick to take it to 18-18, I’ll be honest, I had my doubts! Only negative is that we seemed to go to him a lot on the fourth tackle for ‘nothing’ plays, which was a frustrating waste of good field position.

14. Jarrod Wallace
Quiet one from Wallace I thought, didn’t really notice him too much, other than when he gave away that KFC penalty.

15. Mitch Garbutt

A couple of strong runs from the big lad, but he was thrown into the game at a fairly intense point, so never really had the opportunity to make a mark. I’d be interested to see what kind of impact he’d have playing the opening 20 minutes or so of a match.

16. Mitchell Dodds

Don’t get me wrong, Dodds is a good guy and his defensive game is excellent, but man oh man, he’s a bit of a powderpuff with the ball. Just hits the line and doesn’t get any further. Really needs to work on that area of his game if he wants to become a regular first grader.

17. Kodi Nikorima

Didn’t really have a lot of time out there last night, which was probably the right decision given the circumstances (how tight the game was). Sharp work to score that try out of dummy-half which I felt was incorrectly turned over. Nikorima didn’t drop it, it was knocked out by the defender and he grounded it – absolutely should have been a try considering the on-field ref awarded a try.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Wow. Just, wow. What an unbelievable fricking game, from all the boyz. I wanna give a big BHQ shout out to two very special people tonite - Mr Sammy thaiday an the iirrepressible Lachie Maranta. Sammy, welcome home son, it's lovely to have you back. You will truly be a bronco legend by the time u finish an u are and inspiration to us all.

Lachie, if u are reading this, we have just two words to say to you - thank you. What an amazing feat of athleticism to single handedly snatch victory from the jaw of defeat by leading as high as the goal post an punching that field goal out of its trajectory to ensure we were not defeated. Some people on BHQ have some times mocked your admission that you were a former star gymnast back in your college days, but, my God they were eating humble pie last nite! I have never seen a human been leap as high from a standing start before and your effort last nite will surely be replayed on rugby highlight reels for years to come.

Just so proud of everyone really an it feels wonderful to be a bronco fan again.
Come home Beadie ,you ddon't know what your missing.

Unread

Active Now

• Ironbroncos
  • Waynesaurus
  • Ejbroncos
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • broncs30
  • mrslong
  • whykickamoocow
  • Skyblues87
  • Browny
  • broncos4life
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.