Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
What's with all the milf hate and saying we have broken him? What exactly did we break? Late in that 2nd half he still made a few breaks and its only the 6th round FFS. Some people on here are way to concerned about right now when they should be thinking about what will happen when Boyd comes back and releases so much pressure off both of the halves and we go to the next level.

I definitely think is our long term 5/8. Knows how to throw a good ball and knows how to kick... I believe WB has said don't worry about kicking just yet find your feet 1st. He is still finding his feet and will be for the rest of the season. Not sure what he has done that has been bad or enough to doubt him?

He made 111m. I thought he had a pretty good game, especially in the second half. You can tell teams worry about the danger he poses.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
He tried to 'not in my house' a drop goal attempt that was about to hit the post and could've potentially tipped it over the post.

Yeah, this. Some people on here seem to think he saved that field goal, and I don't understand. I don't think he touched it, but if he did he's lucky it didn't go over off his hand, or go obviously forward giving the Roosters a scrum feed ten meters out dead in front with a great opportunity to set for a shot at goal.

And, jesus, that last touch on eighty minutes could have been an absolute disaster.

I did want to say that the boys got great pressure on all of the Roosters shots at field goal. I think they deflected almost every one of them except the one that hit the cross bar.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Maranta did touch it. Bennett and Parker confirmed it in the press conference.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Please please please let this NOT be Thaiday in temporary contract negotiations mode. Thing is, some players need things to go their way to have a good game. Thaiday is not one of them. He should be capable of doing that every single week. There will always be a "dominant prop" to take down. While last night was awesome, it reminds us of how below his best he has been.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Yeah, this. Some people on here seem to think he saved that field goal, and I don't understand. I don't think he touched it, but if he did he's lucky it didn't go over off his hand, or go obviously forward giving the Roosters a scrum feed ten meters out dead in front with a great opportunity to set for a shot at goal.

And, jesus, that last touch on eighty minutes could have been an absolute disaster.

I did want to say that the boys got great pressure on all of the Roosters shots at field goal. I think they deflected almost every one of them except the one that hit the cross bar.
Not only did he touch it he got the palm of his hand in full contact with the ball and some of you haters ( not necessarily you ) need to get a grip. How in fucking hell is Lachlan supposed to measure the trajectory,at night and under lights in noisy surrounds from under the flight path ? How could he gauge whether or not the ball was going to be 2.5 cm higher up and sail over the bar ? Jesus, some of you make me sick with your Monday Morning critiques . It was a tremendous feat of athleticism, it was a wonderful display of a man willing to do anything and a huge team effort. I couldn't give a **** if it did go over due to his efforts, I wold have told him I was proud of him and never change a thing. Some supporters sadden me.

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
So what the difference between Anthony Sloth Griffin and Bennett? Belief is the answer. While he wasn't my first choice when they went shopping, I am beginning to change my tune. What a win. I can not remember the last time the Broncos came from behind to win a game like that.

Were the Broncos perfect? No, but they delivered in the end and that is what matters. While people have been saying "big deal they have not beaten any good sides yet" I reply that you play who is in front of you. When you take away the second half against the Bunnies, you have a side that has gotten the job done period.

This side will only get more lethal when a few injured bodies come back and Milfred and Hunt continue to gel. People get so over the top about being perfect instead of witnessing constant improvement and that is what we are witnessing and I have to give credit to Bennett in that I think he has a great deal to do with that.

Mosyzlak

Mosyzlak

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2013
Lachie, if u are reading this, we have just two words to say to you - thank you. What an amazing feat of athleticism to single handedly snatch victory from the jaw of defeat by leading as high as the goal post an punching that field goal out of its trajectory to ensure we were not defeated. Some people on BHQ have some times mocked your admission that you were a former star gymnast back in your college days, but, my God they were eating humble pie last nite! I have never seen a human been leap as high from a standing start before and your effort last nite will surely be replayed on rugby highlight reels for years to come.
Sorry but I can't disagree more. He almost handed them the win twice. Once with that attempted goal tending in which he came close to pushing it OVER the bar, thankfully he didn't get much skin on it and it hit the black dot anyway. Second when he passed the ball right on 80 minutes when all he needed to do was take the tackle. Went missing many times in defence even though his preferred position is fullback (I think?). Only pie being eaten is victory pie!

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Maranta's positioning when defending our line is poor. If he were our long-term fullback I'd be concerned but as a fill-in he's doing an admirable job.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Watching the Roosters press conference and Robinson raises a good point.

If they want to remove stoppages from the game, they need to get away from this system where video referees can refer head high tackles. While I've seen players stay down for less, I must admit I was disappointed to see Milford fox for a penalty late in the game. There are just certain things you don't want to see from your players and diving is one of them for me.

Was relieved when the Broncos weren't awarded a penalty. By rights, they could have got one, he was hit across the cheek but it seemed more like a scrape if anything.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Not only did he touch it he got the palm of his hand in full contact with the ball and some of you haters ( not necessarily you ) need to get a grip. How in fucking hell is Lachlan supposed to measure the trajectory,at night and under lights in noisy surrounds from under the flight path ? How could he gauge whether or not the ball was going to be 2.5 cm higher up and sail over the bar ? Jesus, some of you make me sick with your Monday Morning critiques . It was a tremendous feat of athleticism, it was a wonderful display of a man willing to do anything and a huge team effort. I couldn't give a **** if it did go over due to his efforts, I wold have told him I was proud of him and never change a thing. Some supporters sadden me.

If he doesn't try absolutely everything to stop that goal, he would have been criticised for not anticipating the ball coming off the cross-bar.

I didn't have any qualms with that and thought he did well to put us on the counter attack.

The less said about the play after the better...

...but in saying that, in all the chaos, I didn't realise the Chooks actually had the numbers down their left and Copley had to rush in on Jennings to put a stop to it. A great defensive effort by Dale and Bennett has recognised it too.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

If they want to remove stoppages from the game, they need to get away from this system where video referees can refer head high tackles. While I've seen players stay down for less, I must admit I was disappointed to see Milford fox for a penalty late in the game. There are just certain things you don't want to see from your players and diving is one of them for me.

Was relieved when the Broncos weren't awarded a penalty. By rights, they could have got one, he was hit across the cheek but it seemed more like a scrape if anything.

Why don't the NRL just introduce a rule where if you stay down in a tackle after being hit in the head, you HAVE to go for a concussion test? If you stay down so the vid ref can give you a penalty, you should have to go off for a test. I mean, you're staying down coz you are hurt aren't u?...not coz ur being a grub and milking a penalty... So there should be no reason u don't need a concussion test.

absolutely no reason not to introduce this rule. Makes sense and had no drawbacks

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
If he doesn't try absolutely everything to stop that goal, he would have been criticised for not anticipating the ball coming off the cross-bar.

I didn't have any qualms with that and thought he did well to put us on the counter attack.

The less said about the play after the better...

...but in saying that, in all the chaos, I didn't realise the Chooks actually had the numbers down their left and Copley had to rush in on Jennings to put a stop to it. A great defensive effort by Dale and Bennett has recognised it too.

I find it strange that no one has mentioned the massive blunder that even gave the roosters on the ball in the last 30 seconds. Let's remember, we had the ball coming out of our half and Ben hunt went for a speculative offload which the roosters pounced on with 20 seconds left. Hope he got a good grilling for that.n

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

The other side of that is the absolute BS that the NSW commentary team pushed out with this. It shouldn't have been a penalty because he wasn't concussed? WTF? He was hit high, it was a deserved penalty whether he's injured or not.

And while the rule is in, I want to see the boys staying down. I'm sick of other teams do it while other are expected not to.

But I agree, the rule is dumb.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Not only did he touch it he got the palm of his hand in full contact with the ball and some of you haters ( not necessarily you ) need to get a grip. How in ****ing hell is Lachlan supposed to measure the trajectory,at night and under lights in noisy surrounds from under the flight path ? How could he gauge whether or not the ball was going to be 2.5 cm higher up and sail over the bar ? Jesus, some of you make me sick with your Monday Morning critiques . It was a tremendous feat of athleticism, it was a wonderful display of a man willing to do anything and a huge team effort. I couldn't give a **** if it did go over due to his efforts, I wold have told him I was proud of him and never change a thing. Some supporters sadden me.

I generally have nothing against Maranta and I'll give him an A for effort there, but I honestly don't understand how people think he stopped it. At best he was lucky that the attempt didn't backfire terribly in either of the ways I mentioned. In the moment it's true he's desperate and doing all he can to help his team win, which is great - but he just didn't save the game single-handedly as some people seem to think he did.

And the pass at the death is inexcusable. There's no defense for that. In that last couple of minutes of play he was let off the hook twice, in my mind.

I find it strange that no one has mentioned the massive blunder that even gave the roosters on the ball in the last 30 seconds. Let's remember, we had the ball coming out of our half and Ben hunt went for a speculative offload which the roosters pounced on with 20 seconds left. Hope he got a good grilling for that.n

Yeah, that almost killed me. I can see what he was thinking, but if Hunt takes the tackle and they get a quick play the ball they might have got the defense on the back foot and threatened the golden try in regulation. I'm happy for Ben that he got the chance to redeem himself. It rarely happens that way.

The other side of that is the absolute BS that the NSW commentary team pushed out with this. It shouldn't have been a penalty because he wasn't concussed? WTF? He was hit high, it was a deserved penalty whether he's injured or not.

I thought this exact thing at the time. Gould is an idiot, and so is Rabs. What a stupid argument that was. 'Well, if he's not hurt how can it be a penalty?' Yeah, great logic, numbskulls.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.