Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
Not only did he touch it he got the palm of his hand in full contact with the ball and some of you haters ( not necessarily you ) need to get a grip. How in fucking hell is Lachlan supposed to measure the trajectory,at night and under lights in noisy surrounds from under the flight path ? How could he gauge whether or not the ball was going to be 2.5 cm higher up and sail over the bar ? Jesus, some of you make me sick with your Monday Morning critiques . It was a tremendous feat of athleticism, it was a wonderful display of a man willing to do anything and a huge team effort. I couldn't give a **** if it did go over due to his efforts, I wold have told him I was proud of him and never change a thing. Some supporters sadden me.

If Maranta touched it, shouldn't it have been a penalty to roosters for the broncs players being offside? Or at least a scrum for knock on?

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I find it strange that no one has mentioned the massive blunder that even gave the roosters on the ball in the last 30 seconds. Let's remember, we had the ball coming out of our half and Ben hunt went for a speculative offload which the roosters pounced on with 20 seconds left. Hope he got a good grilling for that.n

That was the incident I was referring to when I posted the Sully GIF.

That entire passage and my reaction reminded me of that scene.

It shouldn't have been a penalty because he wasn't concussed? WTF? He was hit high, it was a deserved penalty whether he's injured or not.

Did they say that? I caught the reply and it seemed like Rabs was too busy praising Joey for spotting Maranta's goal-tending to actually have a say. The only thing that was said was basically Gould saying 'oh here we go, Milford is going to stay down for the video replay'.

Must say, the vid refs were very quick to make the call. They basically made up their minds after the first replay which didn't show the contact and called play on before the second showed it clearly.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
If Maranta touched it, shouldn't it have been a penalty to roosters for the broncs players being offside? Or at least a scrum for knock on?
Yes...or is it a charge down ha ha ? Offside,mmmmm yeah,that too but I like Robinson's comments in the presser where he shrugged it off, dismissed it outright as being of no consequence. I don't care though as I've moved on, I/ We have been on the other side so many times and now it's our turn to gain a benefit.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
That was the incident I was referring to when I posted the Sully GIF.

That entire passage and my reaction reminded me of that scene.

Did they say that? I caught the reply and it seemed like Rabs was too busy praising Joey for spotting Maranta's goal-tending to actually have a say. The only thing that was said was basically Gould saying 'oh here we go, Milford is going to stay down for the video replay'.

They went on for about the next 10 minutes too.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
There was an earlier incident where the refs clearly would have awarded a penalty but were now gun shy and didn't act. It was in the five minutes prior to full time. Maybe in the last couple of minutes of regulation as I only started watching the telecast in the dying minutes. We probably should have won the game in a fashion similar to last week with Souths.

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
Yes...or is it a charge down ha ha ? Offside,mmmmm yeah,that too but I like Robinson's comments in the presser where he shrugged it off, dismissed it outright as being of no consequence. I don't care though as I've moved on, I/ We have been on the other side so many times and now it's our turn to gain a benefit.

Didn't think of it being a possible charge down, as such, good point. Such a grey area as it doesn't really happen I guess. Anyway, as you say it's time we get those calls our way.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I did want to say that the boys got great pressure on all of the Roosters shots at field goal. I think they deflected almost every one of them except the one that hit the cross bar.

Glad you mentioned this mate - I was really impressed with how quickly we got in the face of whomever was taking a shot at goal, was desperate stuff!

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008

I was actually talking about the Glenn penalty earlier, where I'm sure Gould was saying that if Glenn didn't go off for a concussion test then the penalty was basically a farce. So they pushed that point twice, in my recollection.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I had the same impression as you Nashy but honestly didn't catch it in the replay.

What I did catch was that we were actually owed a penalty on the next set but couldn't get it. Thaiday makes an awesome charge where he skittled about four of their defenders, JWH rushes to second marker, never really gets square and makes a tackle on Reed that was a clear as day marker penalty.

And Rooster fans are blowing up that they couldn't receive one penalty in the second half.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
The refs had a pretty good game for mine, so I'm not going to complain over a couple of missed penalties. They didn't influence the game in any way, and we've finally seen a cracking game of football from the Broncos.

Both teams deserved 1 point last night.

gordjw

gordjw

NRL Player
Jun 29, 2013
Re: Round 6 -Broncos vs Roosters

Watching the replay now, missed the game live :(

But, channel 9 kept the clock running at half time. The kickoff for the second half happens at 47:35.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I was actually talking about the Glenn penalty earlier, where I'm sure Gould was saying that if Glenn didn't go off for a concussion test then the penalty was basically a farce. So they pushed that point twice, in my recollection.

Great call, that was probably where I got the impression from and what Nashy could be referring to.

To be honest, what got me there was Gould's protest over the slow motion replay. Like somehow Moa's head high contact would have been absolutely fine in regular speed.

Head high is head high.

I understand the conjecture over that, but I reckon it'd be a slippery slope because you'll just get boofheads like Beau Scott attempting these tackles on JT, accepting the penalty but claiming that JT has to be concussed and has to come off for 15. In an Origin, games can be won and lost in that duration.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Things that impressed me last night

- We didn't drop our heads after conceding points and kept our composure under pressure
- I've always been critical of Thiaday in the front row but he rattled the Roosters and JWH with some brutal tackles
- Everyone stood up and played their all
- We wouldn't have won this game at the start of the season so it's evident we've shown tremendous improvement since the game against South Sydney
- We beat the Roosters one of the best teams in the competition
- Hunt came up with goods at the end showing how valuable he is but he had a bit of an up and down game though
- Bennett's critics have been silenced

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Watching the replay now, missed the game live :(

But, channel 9 kept the clock running at half time. The kickoff for the second half happens at 47:35.

I was swearing at channel 9 for not having the clock up all game. Until I realised one of the kids or wives had the TV aspect ratio set to zoom...

On another note, how many times did one of their big, tall props motor up to us at full pace and we put them square on their arse? If we can't have shoulder charges, give me that shit all game, it was firing me up. Got to the point where the Rooters were all lifting their knees, and JWH was almost crouching down so we couldn't get under him and drive him up & back, but we still just fucking dug in and owned them. Loving whatever minutes of Doddage are available in that regard.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Not only did he touch it he got the palm of his hand in full contact with the ball and some of you haters ( not necessarily you ) need to get a grip. How in ****ing hell is Lachlan supposed to measure the trajectory,at night and under lights in noisy surrounds from under the flight path ? How could he gauge whether or not the ball was going to be 2.5 cm higher up and sail over the bar ? Jesus, some of you make me sick with your Monday Morning critiques . It was a tremendous feat of athleticism, it was a wonderful display of a man willing to do anything and a huge team effort. I couldn't give a **** if it did go over due to his efforts, I wold have told him I was proud of him and never change a thing. Some supporters sadden me.

Have to agree with this. It seems to me that Maranta could pull off one of the most athletic efforts to score a try and people would still be criticising and saying there was an insufficient degree of difficulty. He was so safe at the back, any though of attacking bombs were nullified. Re his returns, he is not Vidot's size or weight, if he runs into three tacklers like what was occurring last night, he will get taken down. On his returns he was consistently looking for a gap and trying to step through. He made a couple of mistakes but overall his game was very solid I thought.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
A lot of Thaiday's defence was so good - reminded me of Tunza.

We need that defensive quality and technique from all our forwards and Thaiday's leadership every week to be a real force in this competition.

I'd like to see Thaiday do to Burgess what he did to JWH

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Things that impressed me last night

- We didn't drop our heads after conceding points and kept our composure under pressure
- I've always been critical of Thiaday in the front row but he rattled the Roosters and JWH with some brutal tackles
- Everyone stood up and played their all
- We wouldn't have won this game at the start of the season so it's evident we've shown tremendous improvement since the game against South Sydney
- We beat the Roosters one of the best teams in the competition
- Hunt came up with goods at the end showing how valuable he is but he had a bit of an up and down game though
- Bennett's critics have been silenced
I am also one who never ever wanted Thaiday in the front row and now, if I knew with certainty that we would get that performance or close to it on a weekly basis, I would pick him there every time. I say that without even having seen the game, just by the comments, by WBs presser, by the MOM award. I would be happy with McGuire and Thaiday swapping their roles and having Blair and Thaiday start. McGuire can be creative as was demonstrated clearly with Samoa.

As for your last comment Bman, please can we let AP come back..it would be such fun !!!!!

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014

The commentators need to be sent off for encouraging Punch ups half the game. Thaiday was just playing football. The only one who wanted to throw a punch was JWH Saltygreaves because he was being thoroughly and legitimately beaten.

Unread

Active Now

• Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.