Round 6 Discussion

Anyone else perplexed by how little game time Jamie Buhrer gets? He was an Origin player last year and with Stewart out he is barely getting 30 minutes a game. Seems to be criminally underused IMO.

Anyone else perplexed by how little game time Jamie Buhrer gets? He was an Origin player last year and with Stewart out he is barely getting 30 minutes a game. Seems to be criminally underused IMO.

Doesn't make a lot of sense when Horo usually plays 80 minutes.

Tis strange Ari, I haven't watched enough of Manly to judge but you would definitely think he'd be above a slug like Horo.

Hasn't Symonds found a home for himself at Manly? Always looked like a likely prospect, just had a terrible run with injuries (one thanks to that grubby merkin Luke).

Dolphins are playing on Channel 9 by the way. 22-12 Mackay with 25 minutes to play.

Should make that 22-18, great try to Joe Bradley from a pin-point kick from Georgetown. Civo made an awesome run in the lead up.

Last edited:
Was a good game between Manly and Cronulla a lot closer than what was expected.

There's that typical Farah mistake of the game.

7/8 tipping week the only incorrect game was the Storm game.

There's that typical Farah mistake of the game.
Well yeah when you make 59 tackles in a game, handle the ball 116 times and have Anasta, Sironen and Moltzen to support you... Well you're bound to make a mistake with all that pressure. One error isn't all bad with that considered.

Last edited:
That was actually in the opening set of the game.

Typical Farah performance today, a lot of good play compromised by some daft mistakes.

Eels-Cowboys was a fairly strange game too. Eels clearly the better side but couldn't put the Titans away at 22-8. Couple fortunate moments go the Titans way and boom, boom, boom, boom it's all over.

Sam Irwin looked very impressive on debut. Only 171cm tall but can bench 150kg! Very clean service, good defence and ran quite well. Very handy 3rd choice pick.

Last edited:
Without going in circles I still think it's totally forgivable for Farah to make a mistake here and there because ALL the pressure is on him, seriously Anasta, Sironen and Moltzen as the spine, I don't think you could name a worse 1/6/7 in the competition. He has to carry the team entirely, his job is too difficult without Marshall to take off some pressure.

I don't believe it has much to do with the players around him given he's guilty of it at all levels, it's just his style. He likes to chance his arm a lot and I reckon it's too much.

I was just pointing it out today because

A. It happened right as I entered this thread

B. People (not just you) act like it isn't that common yet BAM.

I'm not going to make this a weekly thing so don't worry about that.

Turned out to be a fun game re: Tigers vs. Dragons. Was turning into a total bludger but the Tigers once again proved how patchy there were by firing up late. Shame they just lacked the discipline to finish it off.

I'll leave it at that, I CBF to argue :001_tt2:

Woohoo!

Default, default, default! :001_tt2:

Don't you default on me! :finger:

Well Sticky had a big sook about the refs and how they are unfair lolz

Sticky always has a sook about the referees.

From memory, I think this one was sort of warranted. Titans received A LOT of soft piggyback penalties, not too dissimilar to last round that put them in prime real estate. Penalty count ended up being 12-4 and I believe the second half count was 8-1.

A lot of those soft penalties were totally the Eels fault though.

They really are a very illdisciplined team whos heads drop very quickly when things go against them.

anyone else think Slaters sin-bin was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay unjustified? just watching the highlights again and he tackled him maybe a quarter to half a second after he kicked it. when youre chasing someone down from behind i think its a bit rough to not only penalise but sin bin for that.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Fatboy
  • davidp
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • BroncsNBundy
  • bazza
  • Strop
  • FACTHUNT
  • Organix
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Financeguy
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.