Round 6 Discussion

Disgraceful decision to deny Munster that try. Ensures players will act for the camera, as opposed to try to their job and tackle the opposition.

I hate it when obstruction calls are given after you can clearly see the defender was putting on an act. Williams had more than enough chance to stop that but instead of doing it, he stood there and complained to the ref.

Good effort from the Raiders winger to get the ball down before his foot went out.

The reverse angle didn't look good, it looked like he was out. Front on showed otherwise.

And fox sports need to get rid of Gasnier..

Raiders must have been taking lots of lessons from Sticky's school of acting. Croker runs into the Storm defender on purpose, then tries to milk a penalty by waving frenetically at the refs...

Someone please cut Gasnier's tongue out!

Raiders will have to be wary of their second half efforts of late.

Melbourne have plenty of room for improvement and it won't take a whole lot to get them back into the game.

With that said, it was a solid first half by Canberra and they've really out-Stormed Melbourne. For whatever reason, it's Melbourne making the risky plays while Canberra are just chipping away and letting their defence do the talking. It's paid off with a good try to Hawkins and a couple of penalty goals to give them a handy 10-2 lead.

Seagulls are doing it pretty easy over the Hunters, although PNG are starting to throw some caution to the wind and have scored two consecutive tries. If anyone wants to watch entertaining Rugby League, maybe an idea to tune in now.

Surely that was forward from Cronk..

Raiders absolutely smashing Cronk... he's gonna be really sore tonight.

Great try from Melbourne... quickly turned it around. Raiders nowhere to be seen in the second half so far.

Waqa just cost Raiders their best chance of winning the game.

That's the last time I tip Canberra!

Gotta give it to the Storm, clinical second half. Raiders were never in it.

Bromwich deserved MOTM... he was a monster!
Munster very good as well for his 2nd game in FG.
Papalii is a shadow of himself... how disappointing.

Papalii looks like he has put on a bit of weight.

Losing Fensom and Hodgson wasn't good for Raiders. They were so buggered in the back end of the half they took forever playing the ball and it was just too easy for Storm.

Last edited:
Papalii looks like he has put on a bit of weight.

Because Ricky views him at a prop.

I can't say I agree.

Sure, the rep selectors viewed Papalii as a prop but I believe a fair deal of that had to do with Josh's fitness at that time and where he was as a player. The fringes require a bit more speed and nous than the middle and given Papalii's body at that time, I can understand the selector's decision to play him as a prop and to be fair, he didn't let them down.

He should be playing on the fringes at club. That's where you get your maximum value out of him and I honestly fail to see how Kennedy is a better option than whoever else beyond his work-rate. He really isn't anything special and I think they've really sacrificed one of their big advantages just for the idea of 'balance'.

Great tackle from Dugan and Frizell to hold up Perrett.

T-Rex has started the game quite well. Set up a goal line drop out and nearly set up a try only for that aforementioned tackle.

Now Gus gives him a wrap so it sounds like I'm parroting him.

All Dogs to begin with here as Marshall kicks out on the full. They'll want to be the first to score...

Dugan has done very well to reel that in and plant it.

Looked like he was going to spill it for sure.

Important try there, let's see how both teams respond. On Friday, when SKD scored I thought it would set the tone only for Ben Hunt to stroll through very softly moments later. St George cannot afford to let the same thing happen here.

I can live with the BOTD, but it looked like a knock-on from Dugan onto Morris... still, well done from the dragqueens resisting the pressure and scoring first, and now Farrell makes a meal of a certain try.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.