Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Boyd deserves just about all the criticism he gets, but wasn’t this when we were down to 12 (Isaako) and he was playing 1?

I also recall he had just made a tackle near the sticks and can be seen *sprinting* across as a fullback should?
Yep, I think old mate missed the mark with this example.

He had plenty of examples of poor positioning or decision making in defence, this just happened to be one that really wasn't.

Boyd deserves just about all the criticism he gets, but wasn’t this when we were down to 12 (Isaako) and he was playing 1?

I also recall he had just made a tackle near the sticks and can be seen *sprinting* across as a fullback should?

Darius was trotting not sprinting. If he was playing FB for mine he ought not be defending in the middle when clearly they had a what, 5 on 2 out wide. Maybe I am wrong, when we are a player down, the 1st place the opposition looks to is out wide and that is where our focus ought to have been.

A FB covers the in goal when the ball is clearly moving out wide. Darius loitered without intent. He is also the most senior player in the team

Darius offers this side nothing other than the minimum requirements for his position which in this case is entirely insufficient.

Darius was trotting not sprinting. If he was playing FB for mine he ought not be defending in the middle when clearly they had a what, 5 on 2 out wide. Maybe I am wrong, when we are a player down, the 1st place the opposition looks to is out wide and that is where our focus ought to have been.

A FB covers the in goal when the ball is clearly moving out wide. Darius loitered without intent. He is also the most senior player in the team

Darius offers this side nothing other than the minimum requirements for his position which in this case is entirely insufficient.
Are you sure he didn't contribute to the tackle that proceeded that play? If so it's hard to put the blame on him for not getting across the field to make the next tackle.

I'm all for dispensing with Boyd, it should have happened long ago, and as I said he has a multitude of examples of just not being in the right spot or not making enough effort, I just don't think this was one of those, which makes it a rare thing as Darius goes.

Last edited:

That’s why I said *sprinting* - thought that was pretty clear...

Outside of that, you’ve clearly missed the point. Boyd made the previous tackle as he simply had too, you know, because when a break is made in the middle of the field, it’s the fullbacks job to make the tackle as the last line of defence.

Criticise Boyd all you like, and if you look over my posts, I’ve done it countless times. He’s done.

But you are just wrong on every single level with this criticism.

That’s why I said *sprinting* - thought that was pretty clear...

Outside of that, you’ve clearly missed the point. Boyd made the previous tackle as he simply had too, you know, because when a break is made in the middle of the field, it’s the fullbacks job to make the tackle as the last line of defence.

Criticise Boyd all you like, and if you look over my posts, I’ve done it countless times. He’s done.

But you are just wrong on every single level with this criticism.

I am not about to defend any mistakes I make. I take your point and that of @kooly87 above. If I am wrong then I stand corrected.

Where I am coming from is that Boyd did make a tackle that for mine was absolutely not necessary. He was up in the line, 2nd man in the tackle almost 10m out in the middle, knowing we were a man down and that the next play was 100% going to be the Knights exploiting the acres of space out wide. If he was FB he ought to have read the situation the play before, and left the defenders we had in the middle to defend the middle - and there were quite a few of them, and instead covered that space as a good FB would.

As I said, it seems my expectations here are unreasonable, and yes, I will stand corrected, reluctantly, but only because it is Darius

Last edited:
I agree, and judging by the way Lodge and now Haas are going downhill, a basic reason for that is Seibold's coaching
You could be right here, but I am unsure. Last week Lodge came into the press conference and it looked to me like Siebs didn't know it was going to happen. But Lodge never through Siebs under the bus. I think there is obvious frustration going on. Bickering between players.

Somebody has to stand up and say we are all accountable. People need to be dropped, I would drop Fleggs and Oppa for their errors alone. Payne has also been making errors and he is usually safe as a house. It is a confidence issue. The only way you can fix it is by changing things up and getting a win.

Seibs doesnt have the balls to drop Milf. If hes worried about Deardens fitness due to not playing any game time because no Q cup, why not have him on the bench. Rotate the halves to see how they go. Even start Deards and have Milf there to come on, it can only make Milf hungry to get out there nowing someones after his role.

For Boyd why havent we dropped him?.

WE NEED TO TRY SOMETHING.

In the presser the clown was clueless just like our players. Thinking of excuses. trying to pull stats from the game out.

It's not just no football this year, Dearden played against Easts 3/08 and got hurt playing 39 minutes, and that was a comeback game from Titans on 09/6- 6 minutes. He played a full game for Souths round one. One and a half games in 12 months.

Having said that I agree you need to do something so it's just if one and a half games in 12 months will cause more damage or help.

Last edited:
Yeah, we’d be potentially destroying his career by shoving him in the deep end so soon. It’s not the time for it.

Yeah it's like recovering from a car accident by driving in a F1 race.

Last edited:
Are you sure he didn't contribute to the tackle that proceeded that play? If so it's hard to put the blame on him for not getting across the field to make the next tackle.

I'm all for dispensing with Boyd, it should have happened long ago, and as I said he has a multitude of examples of just not being in the right spot or not making enough effort, I just don't think this was one of those, which makes it a rare thing as Darius goes.

He did contribute to the tackle, and on that basis, my point above is incorrect. However, my point also is that knowing we were a man down and knowing - at least he ought to have seen, by reading the play, that there were acres of space out wide with a 5 on 2 developing, his decision should have been to cover that space and not defend up in the line 10 metres out from the posts.

I will concede on the first point, and I am moving on. Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated

Yeah it's like recovering from a car accident by driving in a F1 race.

I think a good coach would be able to handle the situation as needed.
[automerge]1592532046[/automerge]
@Smokin' Joe what's your take on all that's happening?

Last edited:
I think a good coach would be able to handle the situation as needed.
[automerge]1592532046[/automerge]
@Smokin' Joe what's your take on all that's happening?

I'd say if it was a better team yes, you'd have less concerns but the fact they are struggling makes it harder to do. If he could just slot in and do his bit that would be different to slot in and run the show and turn around a flogging each week.

Contrast it with the Roosters, Walker turned 18 this week and has been already been included in the 'bubble' ready to go if needed- he hasn't played league against men yet and is coming back from surgery and has been up here playing golf since March.

I found it interesting that Glenn during his frustrated post match where he was unloading on the playing group, he said “we can’t blame the coach” but no one had said anything to him about the coach. You could possibly infer that he brought that up unprompted because he has had talks with players who are blaming the coach.

or it’s reading too much into it.

I found it interesting that Glenn during his frustrated post match where he was unloading on the playing group, he said “we can’t blame the coach” but no one had said anything to him about the coach. You could possibly infer that he brought that up unprompted because he has had talks with players who are blaming the coach.

or it’s reading too much into it.

have you been reading the papers ... Glenn would be well aware of what's going in the media.

not to mention he has been around long enough to know, that's where the blame usually ends up ...

so, i would say you are reading too much into it

have you been reading the papers ... Glenn would be well aware of what's going in the media.
lol of course not. It’s 2020. The only paper I’ve been reading is the Too Much Into It Telegraph.

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.