PRE-GAME Round 6 - Raiders vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Will we need to have a record breaking losses in a row to change our spine this year? Just wondering...
Nope, just the fringe players playing good footy in the ISC ... Unfortunately that's not happening

I don't tbh. His plan has worked 1 week out of 5. I think its more stubborn than making a tough choice. Tough is dropping good players playing out of position.
I'm talking long term. Building a footy side. That plan.

Have a feeling we’ll click this week. Whether or not we’ll click in subsequent weeks I’m not sure.

I think the frustrating thing so far this year is we have yet to put our strongest 17 on the field due to injuries or suspensions and we wont see it again this week with Lodge and TPJ missing.

Jimmy (missed 2-3/6) + half a game against drags
Lodge (missed 3/6)
TPJ (missed 2/6)
Haas (missed 4/6)

The losses to our middles, primarily due to suspensions, is the most frustrating considering our total lack of depth in the position.

We've yet to have our preferred middle rotation this year and I think Flegler would've been rested by now if there were no missing players.

I think Flegler would've been rested by now if there were no missing players
Maybe but the upside is both he and Carrigan could get their chance on Sunday. Don't know if anyone from our team will be picked for Orgin this year but giving some of these young blokes a run now will auger well for that period just in case.

Putting aside the spine problem, I hope we see a late change of Carrigan to lock, Fifita back to the bench, Shibasaki out for Mago.

It’s pointless having a back on the bench and only giving them 10 minutes unless there’s an injury. I appreciate the ‘covering-all-bases’ approach, but it’s detrimental to the team and the player (Shibasaki) in that he’s getting pitched into the game with 10 to go expected to do something. In the same breath, Seibold needs to improve his bench usage

Putting aside the spine problem, I hope we see a late change of Carrigan to lock, Fifita back to the bench, Shibasaki out for Mago.

It’s pointless having a back on the bench and only giving them 10 minutes unless there’s an injury. I appreciate the ‘covering-all-bases’ approach, but it’s detrimental to the team and the player (Shibasaki) in that he’s getting pitched into the game with 10 to go expected to do something. In the same breath, Seibold needs to improve his bench usage

reports in the media today suggest that Roberts is a realistic possibility to return pushing Staggs to the bench and Shibasaki out

Seibold seemed happy with a 4-forward bench last weekend, with Gillett or Glenn earmarked as a replacement back should injury strike. No reason to think he doesn't do the same again this week. In fact probably more important to have the extra bench forward with Lodge out as well as TPJ, as Lodge has been playing decent minutes.

Seibold seemed happy with a 4-forward bench last weekend, with Gillett or Glenn earmarked as a replacement back should injury strike. No reason to think he doesn't do the same again this week. In fact probably more important to have the extra bench forward with Lodge out as well as TPJ, as Lodge has been playing decent minutes.
I think it's also a reflection on how little game time Joe O and TPJ in particular have the stamina to remain effective. I just think TPJ is massively overrated. Not that he doesn't play really well but just that he plays so well for such a short time in most games.

which is why we are better off deploying him as a bench weapon rather than a starter.
Would be great if that were possible but aside from financial, it has implications for who else is on the bench. Like for example a #9 to give Macca a rest or an outside back as injury cover.

Roberts trained with the main group. I would say he is playing.

Broncos practiced field goals.

Hopefully we will never see another set of 6 like that Tigers game ever again. Holy jesus that was like watching a bus full of orphans drive into a brick wall in slow motion.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  • thenry
  • KateBroncos1812
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.