PRE-GAME Round 6 - Raiders vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I'd bring in SOS for Knik, and let kodi and Macca share hooker duties.

Bring Carrigan in at 13 ( joke by Seibold to give him 7 mins or whatever it was, especially when you look at stats and output in his time on the field), Fifita in place of Glenn, lodge and Payne props, Glenn, Mago and Joffa from the bench.

I agree with you, however he should have been in the no.1 jersey to start round 1 and who knows, he might not have had such a poor start to the year. On the back of his form last year and what we've seen from short stints at the back, I believe he deserves a chance.
Would also be the most seamless transition for the team overall if Boyd/Isaako simply swap roles.... as opposed to moving Milford, Knik or Bird as some others are mentioning.

Does Isaako have ball playing ability?
Serious question

I think there are going to be some very dissapointed people on here come Tuesday afternoon. I think there will be minimal changes to the team. I'm pretty certain we'll have the same 1,6,7 and 9. Just sayin'

Bird or Niko to fullback, the other to hooker plz.

Boyd was not even bad last night, he played ok imo
It's more macca , his service was quicker but he looks so lost. The defense reads him like a book and in turn puts pressure on our halves. Milford is really struggling with it imo funny how both seibold and locky got asked who is running the team and one said kodi and the other milf.

Boyd was not even bad last night, he played ok imo
It's more macca , his service was quicker but he looks so lost. The defense reads him like a book and in turn puts pressure on our halves. Milford is really struggling with it imo funny how both seibold and locky got asked who is running the team and one said kodi and the other milf.
Spot on. I think Milf thinks that Kodi runs the team because he has the 7 on his back but Kodi thinks Milf runs the team because he is getting paid the big bucks. Both look as clueless as each other in running the team and it's not in either's skill set to do it.

Bring Carrigan in at 13 ( joke by Seibold to give him 7 mins or whatever it was, especially when you look at stats and output in his time on the field), Fifita in place of Glenn, lodge and Payne props, Glenn, Mago and Joffa from the bench.

I saw 15mins for Patty on the League Live app

Left field idea and I’m just hypothesizing but can SOS tackle? Could he play hooker?

This is what I would do:

1. KNik
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Staggs
5. Boyd
6. Dearden/SOS
7. Milf
8. Lodge
9. Bird
10. Joffa
11. Gillett
12. Fifita
13. Haas

14. SOS/Dearden
15. Mago
16. Glenn
16. Carrigan

Let Flegler and Su’A be rotated out for a few weeks and regain some energy.

Why would you put Bird at hooker? It's just not going to work.

Staggs at Hooker? Why not!
On Carrigan, while I agree he only got 13 minutes or so and didn't get much time to have a fair appraisal of his performance (he looked overly keen though), he shouldn't be now promoted to starting 13. Give him some time to prove himself at NRL level.

You know things are diabolical when fans start calling for the likes of Turps and SOS. If anyone was born to be an ISC player, it's these two.
If only the fans who are calling for him to play bothered to watch the ISC, they'd understand just how wrong they are.

It was 14 according to NRL.com.

Edit: NVM, already been answered.

Last edited:
Staggs at Hooker? Why not!
On Carrigan, while I agree he only got 13 minutes or so and didn't get much time to have a fair appraisal of his performance (he looked overly keen though), he shouldn't be now promoted to starting 13. Give him some time to prove himself at NRL level.

Put him in, he is awesome.

I'm honestly starting to think that Milford should be our fullback with Nikorima moving to five-eigth. O'Sullivan given an opportunity at halfback with kicking duties to be shared between Mild and O'Sullivan.

When Roberts comes back let's move Kotoni Staggs to dummy-half and Macca to North Korea.

I'm honestly starting to think that Milford should be our fullback with Nikorima moving to five-eigth. O'Sullivan given an opportunity at halfback with kicking duties to be shared between Mild and O'Sullivan.

When Roberts comes back let's move Kotoni Staggs to dummy-half and Macca to North Korea.
Nice idea but very much doubt it will work. Can he run around, provide good service from dummy half, make lots of tackles along with a few good runs and not be completely gassed after 10min? There is a reason he is a centre and not a hooker. Whether stamina or his passing game or something else.

Need to raid the Sydney teams for a good hooker. There seem to be a myriad of good ones coming through and some are probably much better than Macca but stuck behind Cook, McInnes, Hodgson, Farah. If we have to let go of someone like like Staggs, Isaaco, Ofahengawe to sign such a hooker, so be it.

Having just watched the post match presser, I can't see Seibold making any changes to the starting side. What Seibold said was that he will work on the areas where we fell down last night. He also said, which is pertinent, that if Bird had held the ball, and more or less, that if incorrect obstruction decision against Glenn went our way, the match was ours. He also acknowledged the shit that was our set up for the FG attempt.

Seibold is saying that the side is improving weekly and that the areas the team is screwing up are what is being worked on at training.

I guess that Seibold's structures and ways of doing things are just causing problems for our "organisers" which for mine is bleeding obvious. If we had a Cam Smith or Cronk in our side, adapting to Seibold's way of doing things would be a whole lot easier. As it stands, changes to the last 4 years of ingrained game plans are proving resistant to change in those key players in the spine.

The question then becomes at what point does Seibold give up and makes changes to the spine if the constant training fails to yield results.

At least our forwards are moving ahead really well. If training keeps improving on those areas which need it then next week might well be a win for us. As Seibold said in the presser, the halves, if not the whole team is an ongoing work in progress.

Hmmm ... I think Seibold needs to draw a line in the sand if things don't improve in the next game or 2, and the spine continues to fail at critical points in a match. It's damn hard being a loyal fan watching and waiting for the changes Seibold promises to materialise.

Why would you put Bird at hooker? It's just not going to work.

It is not a long-term fix for sure, it also really may not work. It could be McGuire/Thaiday level bad I agree.

That said, he has played there at origin level (albeit in a utility capacity) and he wants to be more involved. He knows how to pass, he can run and he is big enough to at least get in the way which is basically what Macca does these days anyway.

The suggestion is mostly born out of desperation. I think the side can get away with Macca at 9 so long as he isn't there in clutch moments and pressure time. He just can't handle pressure and this is not a new thing based on last night, he has been doing it his whole career, particularly noticeable since the 2015 GF and highlighted even further in origin last year.

Now I'm typing this post, it would seem a smarter idea to gradually phase Macca out. Leave him at 9 for the rest of the season but decrease his minutes and maybe identify who the side feels could potentially take over later in the season / next year, whether that be Bird, KNik, T.Boyd, Paix, Turpin, whoever the young kids coming through at 9 are and put them on the bench.

The halves are getting such a bad wrap (and some of it very much warranted) but given they are already limited, catching slow passes over the head, behind them, looping down from the second storey, rolling around the ground or just not at all because the ball is going to a forward on the fourth, there isn't much they can do to help cover their own deficiencies.

I realise this post doesn't have much of a connection to where it started.

Our starting pack for this week should be.

8. Lodge
9. Macca....smh
10. Haas
11. Fafita
12. Gillet
13. Carrigan

When TPJ comes back our pack should be this.

8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Fafita
12. Gillet
13. Carrigan

14. Not sure
15. Pangai Jnr
16. Glen
17. Flegler

Active Now

• Dash
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • Manlyman
  • Redux
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • Browny
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Skyblues87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.