PRE-GAME Round 6 - Raiders vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

"The effort was there" "The boys tried hard", etc. At least they actually put some effort in last week, the week before was absolutely putrid. I can excuse dumb, I can't excuse low effort. As long as they come out and put in a solid effort and stay within reach of the game I'll expect them to improve as the season continues. If they get blown off the park BHQ is going to blow up.

Canberra have the team to do it as well.

Hopefully we turn up again but those 50/50 chances turn into tries.

This is what I would go with:

1, Boyd
2, Oates
3, Roberts
4, Bird
5, Staggs
6, Milford
17, Dearden
8, Lodge
7, Nikorima
10, Haas
13, Fifita
12, Gillett
14, Carrigan

9, McCullough
11, Glen
15, Ofahengaue
16, Flegler

First, I don't want to cause too much drama by dropping our senior player ( I even leave their usual number as some respect to our so called leader group " McC, Glen, Boyd", so this is the team I come up with by minimize the change of the crew, as only 28 players in our top 30, so wonder if we could promote the kid Dearden to play.

If James still can't play, then move Staggs back to center, get Issako or Kennar or Izaia start at Winger.

If the kid Dearden can really cope with it and show some organization talent, I'd love to keep Milford and Nik as two runners, I drop McC to bench, probably play him for 20mins. Glen and Ofahengaue at the moment are bench players level at the most, I'd like to keep the farm boy Flegler at the bench too compared to Tagataese or Fensom, they are over 30s, experience already don't apply with our current leader group, so I won't buy it with these two, I'd rather give more experience to the young guys no matter it's good or bad.

I might get howled down for this by some, but I will go on record right now and state we are absolute certainties to win next weeks game against Canberra. I have actually never been so sure of a win for the past couple of seasons.

Nashy/staff members, if my prediction of us being 1000% certain to beat Canberra is wrong (it won't be) and the Raiders win (they won't) could I please request that you as a staff moderator ban/suspend my account for 30 days from fulltime so that I am not able to post here for that period, i.e. 30 days? Can you please arrange this Nashy?

I might get howled down for this by some, but I will go on record right now and state we are absolute certainties to win next weeks game against Canberra. I have actually never been so sure of a win for the past couple of seasons.

Nashy/staff members, if my prediction of us being 1000% certain to beat Canberra is wrong (it won't be) and the Raiders win (they won't) could I please request that you as a staff moderator ban/suspend my account for 30 days from fulltime so that I am not able to post here for that period, i.e. 30 days? Can you please arrange this Nashy?

Instead of banning, how about you just post as your alter ego for 30 days?

If Jarrod Wallace has taught me anything, nothing is a certainty.

If Jarrod Wallace has taught me anything, nothing is a certainty.

You were probably right though, he shouldn't really have played Origin. We just had no depth.

Hopefully after being the Mitch Pearce of Origin forwards, he won't get picked again.

You were probably right though, he shouldn't really have played Origin. We just had no depth.

Hopefully after being the Mitch Pearce of Origin forwards, he won't get picked again.

The bet wasn't even that he wouldn't play Origin, it was that he would never start, and the bastard did somehow. Rough times for the middle forwards of Queensland.

56-0 (It's also the 10 year anniversary of that horrible game!)

But seriously this might be the only way to get heads rolling at our club and get some players(rats) sacked. Or we just embarrass ourselves for the next 5 weeks. Cause we ain't beating Canberra, Cronulla, Souths, Manly, Roosters (again).

On another note I'm dreading the Souths match. Bennett will be out for blood and we are ripe for the smashing.

Jesus. Where does our next win come from? 1-9 is inconceivable

I think he was just too young for Origin and I think he's going to mature and get better over the coming years. He hasn't shirked the job, has ability and heart and if he keeps playing the future is bright for J Wallace.

He went downhill when he went to the Tits. I always thought he was pretty good playing for us and always gave him a chance at playing SOO.

This is what I would go with:

1, Boyd
2, Oates
3, Roberts
4, Bird
5, Staggs
6, Milford
17, Dearden
8, Lodge
7, Nikorima
10, Haas
13, Fifita
12, Gillett
14, Carrigan

9, McCullough
11, Glen
15, Ofahengaue
16, Flegler

First, I don't want to cause too much drama by dropping our senior player ( I even leave their usual number as some respect to our so called leader group " McC, Glen, Boyd", so this is the team I come up with by minimize the change of the crew, as only 28 players in our top 30, so wonder if we could promote the kid Dearden to play.

If James still can't play, then move Staggs back to center, get Issako or Kennar or Izaia start at Winger.

If the kid Dearden can really cope with it and show some organization talent, I'd love to keep Milford and Nik as two runners, I drop McC to bench, probably play him for 20mins. Glen and Ofahengaue at the moment are bench players level at the most, I'd like to keep the farm boy Flegler at the bench too compared to Tagataese or Fensom, they are over 30s, experience already don't apply with our current leader group, so I won't buy it with these two, I'd rather give more experience to the young guys no matter it's good or bad.

that team can't take the field .. Dearden is not in the top 30

that team can't take the field .. Dearden is not in the top 30
I remember we had 29 players then release some guy, so down to 28. (Not Kahu I’m talking about)

I check the club file, and there’re 30 players there, Dearden is among them, so seriously don’t know who we have in the top 30....... who we don’t.

I remember we had 29 players then release some guy, so down to 28. (Not Kahu I’m talking about)

I check the club file, and there’re 30 players there, Dearden is among them, so seriously don’t know who we have in the top 30....... who we don’t.

Dearden is in our development squad ... pretty much meaning he can take the field only if all other halves in the top 30 were injured/suspended

Dearden is in our development squad ... pretty much meaning he can take the field only if all other halves in the top 30 were injured/suspended

I don't think that's how it works, but I could be wrong, if we only have 28 players in the top 30 we're quite capable of moving someone from the development squad in to one of those top 30 slots if we wish to play them.

I don't think that's how it works, but I could be wrong, if we only have 28 players in the top 30 we're quite capable of moving someone from the development squad in to one of those top 30 slots if we wish to play them.

we'd have 29 at a minimum (i don't think we can actually have less than that)

we had 29 then released McGuire and Kahu ... replacing them with Fensom and Perese.

I suspect the 30th spot will go to Dearden eventually. I also reckon we will see him in the NRL before the season is over.

we'd have 29 at a minimum (i don't think we can actually have less than that)

we had 29 then released McGuire and Kahu ... replacing them with Fensom and Perese.

I suspect the 30th spot will go to Dearden eventually. I also reckon we will see him in the NRL before the season is over.

Once again I believe you're wrong, we had 29 at the deadline and then released Savelio after the deadline, there was no announcement about who replaced him in the top 30, meaning one of 2 things. Either we only have 28 players in the top 30 currently or we've added a 29th player to our top 30 without announcing it, meaning theoretically, Dearden could already be in our top 30.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • something
  • Fozz
  • Browny
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bongo
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • ezpz
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.