Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

You reckon Bennett was involved with those decisions at that time?

Maybe, maybe not ... but it certainly wasn't Seibold.

and i can't see the board making that sort of decision

Maybe, maybe not ... but it certainly wasn't Seibold.

and i can't see the board making that sort of decision

Yeah it wasn't Seibold, but it wouldn't have been Wayne.

Moose was signed until the end of 2020 - when Seibold was meant to have been here for 12 months already.

Bennett ley McGuire go ... not Seibold.

FYI McGuire signed with the Cowboys on 19 November ... Bennett was still coach until December 2
The board definitely weren't allowing Bennett a say in contracts 13 days before he was sacked. Come on man..

All of those players were playing better under Wayne. It's not even an argument. And yes as mentioned Wayne would have had input but the same blokes that hired Seibold hired Boyd, Milf, McCullough and Gillett. If you think their contracts were errors, then maybe Seibold's was as well.

Exactly, all this crap about this is Wayne's team and seibold has to deal with it is just bullshit.
Higher powers have input aswell aka D.lockyer. pretty sure he was the man behind the Milford signing , he also was the one who said he was a 5/8. Plenty of coaches inherit teams and do fine , and I really don't think this team is that bad.

The board definitely weren't allowing Bennett a say in contracts 13 days before he was sacked. Come on man..

so your saying the board decided they didn't want McGuire around any more .... really, that's not a decision the board would get involved in

so your saying the board decided they didn't want McGuire around any more .... really, that's not a decision the board would get involved in
I'm not saying anything other than Bennett wouldn't have had a say. Talks of the swap began around the start of November so why would they give him an entire month to do whatever he wanted with contracts? It just makes no sense.

FYI McGuire signed with the Cowboys on 19 November ... Bennett was still coach until December 2

It's been stated that Bennett had no hand in letting McGuire go, only was asked if he agreed to it. In which he said that he was but that was when he knew he was going.
If you remember that it's been stated that Bennett had a hand shake deal with the Panthers before the season ended. In kahu was also seibolds choice.

As if it wasn't, come on mate. They wanted Bennett gone mid year why the **** would they let him have a say in anything involving future team choices.

It's been stated that Bennett had no hand in letting McGuire go, only was asked if he agreed to it. In which he said that he was but that was when he knew he was going.
If you remember that it's been stated that Bennett had a hand shake deal with the Panthers before the season ended. In kahu was also seibolds choice.

i don't recall that ... i would like to see that statement

The ‘Seibold was a mistake’ narrative will get stronger with every loss. Imagine if he goes 1-10 or something. We will be in unchartered water at the Broncos then and it’s hard to predict what will happen next. Does Seibold even last the season in that scenario?
In a word yes.
I don't want this to happen but even if we finnish near the bottom of the ladder Seibold will be coach next year.
White is going to back him for the foreseeable future and that means into next season regardless of what happens this season.

Exactly, all this crap about this is Wayne's team and seibold has to deal with it is just bullshit.
Higher powers have input aswell aka D.lockyer. pretty sure he was the man behind the Milford signing , he also was the one who said he was a 5/8. Plenty of coaches inherit teams and do fine , and I really don't think this team is that bad.

Well, I beg to differ. This is, to a large extent, "Wayne's team" and Seibold DOES have to deal with it, along with the good and the bad from previous seasons under Bennett's style of coaching.

As one example, I quote from the NRL.com "Brisbane Broncos 2018 Season Review" : https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/18/brisbane-broncos-2018-season-review/

"The emergence of David Fifita, Jamayne Isaako, Jaydn Su'A, Payne Haas and Kotoni Staggs – all of whom are signed long term – was without doubt the highlight of a season where the defensive frailties of the Broncos cost them dearly."

Also, : " ... but Bennett came closest in the aftermath of the finals loss to the Dragons at Suncorp Stadium when he said: "We have had three constants all year – the injury toll, expectation, every game we were expected to win we have played badly in… the third one has been our defence, it hasn't been where I want it to be."

I mean, Bennett had the side for 4 years, with btw essentially the same spine, and yet he admits, under his coaching, after 4 years, the defence was not up to scratch ???

I am not taking anything away from the fact that Bennett is a great coach, one of the very best, but there needs to be a bit of perspective in these threads about what's going on this year and its connection to the past. Having said that, we need to focus on the future under a new coach.

As for Milford being the next Lockyer, well, a number of us here posted at the time that that was a huge ****-up and Milford ought to be left to be Milford. AT the same time, last year, he was just great, and I am expecting the same this year as well.

i don't recall that ... i would like to see that statement

Will try and find it but he was asked if it was a good idea , he did agree with it but it definitely wasn't his choice.

Screenshot 20190424 134809 Samsung Internet

It seems it was the board and both coaches were told.

The only thing I can agree with in this post is the part concerning Milford.
Well we'll agree to disagree there Huge... I hope they can improve ,I hope I am eating my words in the rounds ahead, but from what I've seen this year , their performances this year are Dogshit . Go the Broncos

https://broncoshq.com/threads/the-s...-the-broncos-around.37330/page-2#post-3000663

That is what I said in the pre-season. Unfortunately, it does not appear that at this stage we are showing any improvement in 1 to 5. We have not so much had injuries, but suspensions have cost us. But 1 to 3 and 5 remain significant ongoing issues impacting our success.
Ha ha, I think I should pay more attention to your posts Mr Mustang Man !! On the money with that post from last year.

Wrong. The Bronco's let McGuire go and the coach (who wasn't given the keys to the kingdom when he returned) approved or at least didn't get in the way. Stop blaming Bennett as though he was the king.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Inknition
  • Bucking Beads
  • Griffo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • Maddy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Galah
  • Swordfish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.