Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

So you think the halves combination, signed long-term is good, the hooker and fullback signed long-term on big money are justifying the faith Bennett (apparently) had in them and Gillett also signed long-term is a good investment?

Obviously it isn't a good situation and it's 100% WBs fault for these ridiculous contracts. But Seibold should have the team playing better than they are for sure!

All of those players were playing better under Wayne. It's not even an argument. And yes as mentioned Wayne would have had input but the same blokes that hired Seibold hired Boyd, Milf, McCullough and Gillett. If you think their contracts were errors, then maybe Seibold's was as well.

When WB came back he DIDN'T have control of contracts. It cannot be 100% WBs fault as contracts and length of contract are the board's decision. He had imput of course but not control. Ridiculous claim.
For once you are making sense. It wasn't 100% his fault. 100% it was more his fault than anyone else's.

All of those players were playing better under Wayne. It's not even an argument. And yes as mentioned Wayne would have had input but the same blokes that hired Seibold hired Boyd, Milf, McCullough and Gillett. If you think their contracts were errors, then maybe Seibold's was as well.
Maybe Seibolds contract was a mistake. Time will tell. Already seen enough to know the long-term signings of Boyd, Macca and Gillett were mistakes and Milford has never justified his salary. And of course I forget about another of WBs best signings, Bird.

Seibold inherited a team that everyone expected to be succesful this year. Unanimously tipped to be a top 8 team. Seibold, the reigning coach of the year, whatever the **** that means, was meant to improve us but he's shat the bed so far. Maybe he'll turn it around, I hope he does, but this bullshit about Bennett leaving us in a bad spot is fucking ludicrous.

Why the **** do you keep falling back on 'everyone tipped them to go further'. The media are fucking idiots, they can't think for themselves and have the depth of puddle. They don't make an informed opinion based on the squad assembled so they fact that they sad "herpa derp Bronx top 4' means **** all.

Seibold inherited a team that everyone expected to be succesful this year. Unanimously tipped to be a top 8 team. Seibold, the reigning coach of the year, whatever the **** that means, was meant to improve us but he's shat the bed so far. Maybe he'll turn it around, I hope he does, but this bullshit about Bennett leaving us in a bad spot is fucking ludicrous.
Fans always use some kind of excuse when their team is struggling. This "the previous coach left us in the shit" excuse that often gets thrown about with a lot of clubs is moronic in the extreme. Just 3-4 months ago, fans were claiming that Seibs would take us to the promised land with the very promising team that WB left behind.

Supporters are now coming to the realization that Seibs is nothing special and with every press conference where he is going on about "bad reffing" and 'rusted on fans", reality is starting to sink in and with that, a number of new excuses come to the fore.

The Broncos fucked up majorly by getting rid of Bennett. And they fucked up again by chasing Bellyache who was never ever going to leave Melbourne. Then they fucked up yet again by hiring someone who has been around for five minutes and hasn't achieved anything in the game. Kevie would have been a much better option as he is a winner and a Bronco through and through.

The lame brained excuses will continue whilst the Broncos sink deeper into unprecedented futility.

Why the **** do you keep falling back on 'everyone tipped them to go further'. The media are fucking idiots, they can't think for themselves and have the depth of puddle. They don't make an informed opinion based on the squad assembled so they fact that they sad "herpa derp Bronx top 4' means **** all.

Yeah but most of us did too, granted there is still time.

https://broncoshq.com/threads/2019-season-predictions.37053/

I know I got caught up in the excitement of a new coach and new direction, it's just going to take time.

Last edited:
I’m sure Wayne fought hard to get Boyd’s contract. He seems to want players to embrace life after football and definitely would have looked out for Darius.
Yes that maybe so but you have to admit ,it's purely conjecture and stupid claims that WB had 100% control must be treated with contempt .

For once you are making sense. It wasn't 100% his fault. 100% it was more his fault than anyone else's.
You must be joking! You're even in denial about how you're perceived around here. You make stupid claims and cannot even concede that even when exposed. You know absolutely nothing about what happens during private meetings but make ludicrous claims. You are 100% when it comes to being uninformed .

This is an interesting discussion. As far as I can the situation hasn't changed much. Win one of the next 3 games (including last week) and we are a chance of sneaking into the finals. Win 2 and we are a good chance of making the finals and possibly even top 4. Lose all 3 and it's time to start thinking about next season. That is with an eye to Origin where we won't be affected much. Should be able to put on a bit of a winning streak. Thank god Boyd has retired from rep games... (sarcasm)

So, I was very enthusiastic about Seibold. I still I am but I think we have to admit, he should be doing a much better job than he is with this team. He needs to stop f**king raving about "how young the team is". He let McGuire go and he could pick guys like Tagatese and Fensom and others if he thinks this team is losing because the players are too young.

Having said that, @broncsgoat and @Dee should admit Seibold inherited a team on the decline with a combination of deadwood signed long-term, a hopelessly misfiring 5/8 who is one of the highest paid players in the competition but is playing ISC standard football and several young players who may not be ready for NRL yet and will be coming off contract by the time they are. And our best player so far this year (Oats) is off contract at the end of the season. In the salary cap era, a really catastrophic situation.

Whether by design or just bad management, WB left the team in a mess.

On a side note, I recall a certain poster who suggested getting rid of Milford for Elgey, provided the team Milford goes to is carrying a very large % of his salary, pretty much exactly a year ago. He was slammed for it. Looks like a genius now. Elgey on a minimum wage and Milford off the books would be a boon for this team in the salary cap era.

Finally, I have been one of Boyd's most fervent haters. When he took the ball and ran across the sideline, it was the only thing he could do. Very unfair to denounce him for that. Ditto for when Leilua brushed him off to score. If he went for a legs tackle, momentum would have seen Leilua score. Bird and Milford to blame for that.

On another side note, WTF is going on with Birds defence? Been f**king terrible! Was he always a poor defender? I don't follow the Shonkies but I never recalled him so consistently being brushed off by attackers.

Having said that about Boyd, did anyone see one or two plays before the Leilua try? The Canberra fullback busted right through the front line and then ran straight over the top of Boyd and was finally pulled down from behind. WTF was going on with that??? Trying to take a rampaging Leilua ball and all on the line is one thing but being regulation trampled by that fullback is unacceptable!!

Really good post, well done. I don't agree with some of it, but a good analysis.

Last edited:
Maybe Seibolds contract was a mistake. Time will tell. Already seen enough to know the long-term signings of Boyd, Macca and Gillett were mistakes and Milford has never justified his salary. And of course I forget about another of WBs best signings, Bird.

The ‘Seibold was a mistake’ narrative will get stronger with every loss. Imagine if he goes 1-10 or something. We will be in unchartered water at the Broncos then and it’s hard to predict what will happen next. Does Seibold even last the season in that scenario?

Last edited:
I didn't buy into it or believe it. I had my suspicions we would struggle initially.

I wasn’t meaning you specifically, just ‘some people’ in general.

Bennett ley McGuire go ... not Seibold.

FYI McGuire signed with the Cowboys on 19 November ... Bennett was still coach until December 2

You reckon Bennett was involved with those decisions at that time?

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Jedhead
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.