Round 6 - Roosters vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because it's not hard to be better than the most useless forward in the team, doesn't mean he did a bad job. He hit the line, and he hit it hard which pushed the defense back.

If he can keep doing that, and get back into his old offload style of play from back in the day, then we could have ourselves a decent cheap forward.

Bucking Beads said:
draggx said:
Need more McGuire!

Damn straight can't believe he was dropped for Kenny or Carlaw. Must be more to it. [icon_shru

I don't think so - McGuire's biggest weakness is his lateral movement in defence. Smith exploited him & Tronc big time when we played the Roosters up here last time. The Knights were another team whose attacking style was going to cause concern to both these guys.

Hook seen it coming and replaced them with 2 good defenders in this area in Carlaw & Kenny.

It worked last night, hence why he has stuck with it for the Chooks

Having said that Kenny wasn't real flash himself in this department last night either but I still think he has it over McGuire in that area, at this stage

I wouldnt rule out Hoffman to play either - with Beale or Teo to drop to the bench to replace Norman

Coxy said:
Nashy said:
Why is Carlaw being bagged exactly? He went alright.

^^^ This. He showed more than Dodds and Kenny did, IMO.

Agreed. Watching the replay I was very pleased with his performance. Ran with good purpose. The conditions didn't really allow for much more than he showed IMO.

I remember similar comments being made about Beale until very recently. Be patient, give them all some time. Norman is still comparatively in nappies.

Dodds has nothing in attack but he was smashing blokes in defence i would keep him there for sure. I thought Carlaw was alright, and Kenny didn't do too bad. We won, could have had a better win but may as well keep the same team. Well Besides Norman, he looked like a passenger out there for his 9minutes. Should give Baptiste a go.

BroncoMatt said:
Bucking Beads said:
draggx said:
Need more McGuire!

Damn straight can't believe he was dropped for Kenny or Carlaw. Must be more to it. [icon_shru

I don't think so - McGuire's biggest weakness is his lateral movement in defence. Smith exploited him & Tronc big time when we played the Roosters up here last time. The Knights were another team whose attacking style was going to cause concern to both these guys.

Hook seen it coming and replaced them with 2 good defenders in this area in Carlaw & Kenny.

It worked last night, hence why he has stuck with it for the Chooks

Having said that Kenny wasn't real flash himself in this department last night either but I still think he has it over McGuire in that area, at this stage

I wouldnt rule out Hoffman to play either - with Beale or Teo to drop to the bench to replace Norman

Good point. Good coach. Makes sense to have T'eo marking one of the Chook's agressive centres.

Can someone pack coreys kicking boots for him. Side will obviously change if Hoffman is fit

Big_Dave said:
Same side named.
WTF is Norman doing on the bench???
Side hasn't been named yet, just rolled over from monday night.

I would say when macca is due for a spell teo will shift into the centres with reed going to the wing again and beale moving from the wing to hooker. Thats asssuming Hoffmans fit and Hunts not.

nopatience101 said:
Big_Dave said:
Same side named.
WTF is Norman doing on the bench???
Side hasn't been named yet, just rolled over from monday night.

I would say when macca is due for a spell teo will shift into the centres with reed going to the wing again and beale moving from the wing to hooker. Thats asssuming Hoffmans fit and Hunts not.
Beale was excellent last night and he's versatile, but only in the backline. The Knights got on a roll when Macca got a rest with him at hooker. Not the best option IMO...
If we're bringing someone in to give Macca a rest, might as well give Baptiste a go!

I don't know what the coaching staff have against Baptiste. He's sharper out of dummy half than Macca and doesn't get carried away trying to emulate a superior player who has years of experience on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.