10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
We also lost Paix that round... Kobe and Paix were the breakout players in the trials and looked like jagging the starting spots.

Also lost Herbie for the final trial... so he came in with no trial form and possibly underdone off the back of covid.

But nah dogs losing their garbage centers and a back up prop off the bench is dire.

Barrett is the biggest pissant coach at the moment... saw the other day he came to the press conference with a list of players missing, but most of them were injured or suspended... what a wank.. just gives his players all the excuses in the world.
Yeah I saw that presser, read out a list of players, half you’ve never heard of, and then claimed “it’s not an excuse”. He’s such a whiny shit.

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
**** we better win this game. Sharks the following week and I’m already looking forward to the battle of the centres.

Staggs vs Talakai and fansworth vs Jessie will be where it’s won.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Insightful from TMM. His last game was against the Dogs and he returns against the Dogs, pretty surreal. I REALLY want him to succeed even though I have massive concerns.

I mentioned TMM as an option after K-jnr was stinking it up...a couple weeks ago, before this most recent selection.

(Bow down to me....for I am Mr Fourex)

He's got class, although my hard on for him is when he's playing 6. I've only got a semi....with the 1 on his back. I know he's performed well there before. Still.......

If he gets fit enough and is performing...we have to start thinking about the shift from Cobbo to FB....and TMM....to 6.

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
I mentioned TMM as an option after K-jnr was stinking it up...a couple weeks ago, before this most recent selection.

He's got class, although my hard on for him is when he's playing 6. I've only got a semi....with the 1 on his back. I know he's performed well there before. Still.......

If he gets fit enough and is performing...we have to start thinking about the shift from Cobbo to FB....and TMM....to 6.
So, you're saying we should play someone at fullback who played there during the trails and move someone to 5/8th who is playing that same position in Q-cup...

Christ, thank God Kevs in charge then... :happy:

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

I would temper my expectations of him big time!

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
So, you're saying we should play someone at fullback who played there during the trails and move someone to 5/8th who is playing that same position in Q-cup...

Christ, thank God Kevs in charge then... :happy:

Well..yes, thats exactly what I'm saying, although not based on your reasoning...RE "trails"

?

I think TMM is a classy 6....from what I saw of him at the Panthers.

I would temper my expectations of him big time!

Sure..understood.

But ...look at the other options.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
TMM.......

yes?

He's played well there before and has been in form in QCup........
Other options are....shift Cobbo?

Gamble

If we're looking for more class as a 6 than Tyson, TMM is it.

KJ isn't it.....I fear. A handy 14.

Paix/Turps...vs someone better..........

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Might be a reason for him being behind those other options? I hope I’m wrong, I’m just not expecting much at all.
I think the reasoning would have something to do with easing him back into the NRL..... after the medical issues he's had.

Brain injury....and everyone freaks out.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I think the reasoning would have something to do with easing him back into the NRL..... after the medical issues he's had.

Brain injury....and everyone freaks out.
From what I’ve heard he’s been nothing special in qcup, not unlike khunt last year before Kevvie decided he was worthy of a call up.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
From what I’ve heard he’s been nothing special in qcup, not unlike khunt last year before Kevvie decided he was worthy of a call up.
OK...obviously thats where our difference lies.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Not everything...but some

I've got a Wynnum mate/adversary
whos positive also.....

All I'm really saying is......he's got pedigree.
If everything with him clicks with whats around him, it might work out alright,
kinda Scotty Prince like.

Hey......I'm just looking past KJ and Tyson as being the only options.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
He kicked a beautiful 40/20 the other week in qcup it’s another option for us coming out of our own end.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
Barrett is the biggest pissant coach at the moment... saw the other day he came to the press conference with a list of players missing, but most of them were injured or suspended... what a wank.. just gives his players all the excuses in the world.
That's a Pies type move. Both shit coaches, both whiners with a million excuses why everything is someone else's fault, both wooden spoon enthusiasts- the only difference is Barrett isn't sporting a big old mudgut yet.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I’m so confused by Kev’s decision making and I feel like he’s doing the same thing he did with the spine last year. There just seems to be no longer term planning and every decision seems reactionary.

Surely TMM was never a planned fullback option, if so why is he playing 6 in cup? Why is he not giving Cobbo a run? It feels like a Karmichael Hunt selection.

Is Billy the first choice 6 or is Gamble? If it’s Billy then why move him to bench? He had no issues picking Roberts on the bench round 1. When Turpin is fit does that displace Paix or Billy? Does Billy move back to 6 and Gamble to cup?

It’s a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  • Galah
  • teampjta
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • thenry
  • Battler
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Old Mate
  • Browny
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.