10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
**** that shit. If this bunch of bumbling drongos is a danger game, what's the rest of the season?
We know we can beat a full strength Bulldogs but if we come into this game thinking we have already won it because we're playing a second string team were in trouble.
Some guys that could be coming in this is their chance at NRL so they'll give it 100% but guys like Naden know their in the team so they might give 60%.
We should easily put 40 on them but if we don't have the right attitude we could get in some trouble.
I'm sure the Eels thought they'd put 50 on the tigers and win comfortably

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
It’s our defence, it’s been our defence for years now, I thought for sure that shit would have been fixed this year, At least improved. But it still only lasts 55 mins
Well...we need to make a decision there then. Is it the level of coaching? If so then hire the defensive help the roster needs ASAP.

Is it the players NOT listening or unable to follow instructions during defensive drills? If so then draw a line through them and move them on ASAP.

Hard to believe but quite a few of this team have been here now for over 50 NRL games.

Reckon once you hit that milestone its time to put up or shut up...

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Jake Averillo, Brent Naden, Ava Seumanufagai and Reece Hoffman ruled out. Potential replacements Creedence Toia, Josh Stuckey and Ryan Gray also positive.

Those are actually good outs for the Bulldogs. Those players haven't been performing all that well, apart from maybe Naden, and Bulldogs fans are getting sick of them.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Jake Averillo, Brent Naden, Ava Seumanufagai and Reece Hoffman ruled out. Potential replacements Creedence Toia, Josh Stuckey and Ryan Gray also positive.

It's a who's who of.... who the **** are these players??

L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
No, it’s really not. He may have played there, but that doesn’t make him a hooker. Did you see him play 9 at all? He was about as effective as Oates playing back row.

What are you talking about, when they placed Kobe at hooker in that one and only game due to injuries the whole dynamic of the attack just clicked. Some people have short-term memory.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
What are you talking about, when they placed Kobe at hooker in that one and only game due to injuries the whole dynamic of the attack just clicked. Some people have short-term memory.
I disagree, I remember him looking awkward, much like when Josh McGuire plays hooker. I don’t know why he keeps getting brought up as even an option there, outside of that single game I don’t think he’s played 9 since colts, unless he filled in there at stages in qcup? To me he’s found his home at lock & as a team we look the best when he plays there.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
If that's the case then his whole team is basically offside and we can almost let it bounce if needed.

Just need to make sure someone gets to Burton to take him to ground (softly 🙄🙄) so he cant run them back onside

I think you are onto something !

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
As if its even remotely possible we can lose this game. They wont score a point and we will score 38.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
As if its even remotely possible we can lose this game. They wont score a point and we will score 38.
I’m cruelly curious why our highest winning margin of the last 3 years is

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
Apart from the uncertainty at fullback i think this is my favourite team named so far. I really like the forward pack and think its a good blueprint for how your salary cap should be spread between forwards.

You've got Hetherington, Palasia and Jensen all no fuss forwards who do a great job on a pretty low wage. That's the key for me is having those low-middle range forwards who do nearly as much work as the top ones but cost half as much.

It's a shame Piakura is injured because i think he would compliment Palasia and Flegs on the bench. A guy who could come in for the last 20 mins and do some damage.

I can see what they've tried to do previously with the halves in getting someone to partner reynolds who appears to compliment him with more of a running game. But to me it just hasn't worked so happy to see gamble get a go. You know he'll hold his own in defence and while he might not break the line he does have a decent passing game.

I'll be interested to see how he uses Paix and Walters. I almost feel like you just give them a half of footy each to get full inpact out of them both. Would be good to have billy come on after 50 mins to target tired defence but i don't know if Paix has a quality 50 mins in him.

Finally, i hope flegs puts his shit behind him and produces a game we know he's capable of. He's big, strong and has late footwork so hoping all these suspensions haven't affected him mentally. He looked pretty broken two weeks ago.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
My biggest concern is TMM's body is not quite ready for the physical rigors of NRL let alone the fitness levels of the FB position.

Having said that I do wish him well and hope he has a blinder on Friday night. At least he knows to expect some towering bombs.

If Patty was in that line up I'd say we had perhaps the best line up to date. The sooner he's back the better.

And spare a thought for Riki who is soldiering on with his slowly healing ribs. What some of these guys sacrifice to the cause of the Broncos is quite remarkable. I wish we would sometimes cut our own guys some slack.

L

les.behan

BRL Player
Aug 23, 2019
Yeah. If I'm remembering right, Seibold put wanted McGuire on the bench when he first came in, and tried to replicate the 3 big prop style forwards thing he did at Souths with the Burgess brothers. At the time it possibly was the right move. But it was before Vlandys came along and sped the game up, which is seeing mobile props or traditional ball playing locks starting to make a comeback at the top clubs now.

McCullough though, I think needed the move at the time. He wasnt regressing, but he wasn't really progressing either.

To be fair, Cameron Smith and I think Robbie Farrah played halfback at junior level as well. So it wasn't like the idea was without merit at the time. They just committed to it longer term than some other teams did.

When Macca debuted, Lockyer and Peter Wallace were still our first choice halves pairing. And I think it was just after Ennis had left. It did make sense to put him there.

Before Smith and Bellamy revolutionized it, most hookers were just small defenders who mostly shovelled the ball to the halfback. But second rowers and even some props played a little bit more of dummy half back then. It wasn't as set a playmaking position as it is now. Anybody could go there.

Paix vs Marshall-King will be an interesting battle in this one though. They both have a point to prove for different reasons. Paix to knock off Turpin as the first choice, Marshall King to retain his starting position.
You’re remembering wrong. Mcguire signed with the cowboys before Bennett announced he was leaving us. I do think Bennett told Mcguire he was leaving. Bennett had told Mcguire he sees him as a future captain so if Bennett stayed, Mcguire would’ve stayed

porouian

porouian

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
I’m cruelly curious why our highest winning margin of the last 3 years is

Our biggest wins of the last 2 seasons have been vs the Dogs, 24 points last year (24-0) and 18 points in 2020 (26-8), and they were our 2nd biggest margin in 2019 as well at 22 points (28-6) so we've definitely got the wood on them but jeez, would it hurt us to score 30+ in a big win sometime lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • Galah
  • sooticus
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Midean
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • teampjta
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.