Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
If ever there was a game where the NRL could show that teams sitting in the lowest regions of the table get a fair share of the 50/50 calls it will be Friday night.

Don't be surprised if the Dogs are given a huge leg up to compete on Friday. Anything other than a fairytale ambush is not good for TV ratings or the bookies.

porouian

porouian

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
They've updated their team list, for now at least: Okunbor in for Naden, Jacob Kiraz into the centres for Averillo, and Billy Tsikrikas onto the bench, the latter two debutants.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
I didnt realise just how well Jensen played last week. 15 runs, 164 metres, 68 post-contact.

Keenan Palasia had a go too - 18 runs, 186 metres, 71 post-contact.

We get good yardage in this team and when the chance presents we can deliver good ball and tries.

Our biggest issues though are ill-discipline and poor reads in defence. Reckon Gambles been asked to provide some starch there for the team defensively.
This is what has eased my stress if we were to lose hass. We have two players on 200k and under who put out stats like that against the reigning premiers.

I know they do not have that additional factor hass does (like his cover defence well beyond the expectations of a prop) but this could almost be offset by the funds being invested in a top tier spine player.

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
You’re remembering wrong. Mcguire signed with the cowboys before Bennett announced he was leaving us. I do think Bennett told Mcguire he was leaving. Bennett had told Mcguire he sees him as a future captain so if Bennett stayed, Mcguire would’ve stayed
Thanks. I knew he got benched, but I thought Seibolds plan was a big part of the reason he left.

Either way, the Broncos do seem to have developed a knack of keeping guys they should of let go, and vice versa haven't they?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I disagree, I remember him looking awkward, much like when Josh McGuire plays hooker. I don’t know why he keeps getting brought up as even an option there, outside of that single game I don’t think he’s played 9 since colts, unless he filled in there at stages in qcup? To me he’s found his home at lock & as a team we look the best when he plays there.

Kobe is our 13....... 👍

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Insightful from TMM. His last game was against the Dogs and he returns against the Dogs, pretty surreal. I REALLY want him to succeed even though I have massive concerns.

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
This is what has eased my stress if we were to lose hass. We have two players on 200k and under who put out stats like that against the reigning premiers.

I know they do not have that additional factor hass does (like his cover defence well beyond the expectations of a prop) but this could almost be offset by the funds being invested in a top tier spine player.
And yet...Palasia has been dropped...??? Yeh dunno about that...why does Kev have to move 23 blokes to fit in a new fullback for one thats injured anyway?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
And yet...Palasia has been dropped...??? Yeh dunno about that...why does Kev have to move 23 blokes to fit in a new fullback for one thats injured anyway?

no he hasn't ... he is in the 17 jumper

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Palasia hasn't been dropped. He's on the bench.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

Insightful from TMM. His last game was against the Dogs and he returns against the Dogs, pretty surreal. I REALLY want him to succeed even though I have massive concerns.
I guess if he does shit the bed we've still got Cobbo sitting on the wing to move back there... what we do with Cobbo's wing though... I'm not sure

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
All this talk out of Sydney media about the poor doggies missing 3 bums from covid, we had more & better players missing last week and they didn’t say shit. They are acting like they are the first club to miss players through covid, we lost Reynolds & Hetherington in rd 1, Melbourne lost a few for a game too.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
All this talk out of Sydney media about the poor doggies missing 3 bums from covid, we had more & better players missing last week and they didn’t say shit. They are acting like they are the first club to miss players through covid, we lost Reynolds & Hetherington in rd 1, Melbourne lost a few for a game too.
We also lost Paix that round... Kobe and Paix were the breakout players in the trials and looked like jagging the starting spots.

Also lost Herbie for the final trial... so he came in with no trial form and possibly underdone off the back of covid.

But nah dogs losing their garbage centers and a back up prop off the bench is dire.

Barrett is the biggest pissant coach at the moment... saw the other day he came to the press conference with a list of players missing, but most of them were injured or suspended... what a wank.. just gives his players all the excuses in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Jedhead
  • Astro
  • Old Mate
  • Justwin
  • Rambstien
  • Battler
  • Aldo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
  • Robboi_321
  • Fozz
  • pennywisealfie
  • Spoon
  • Harry Sack
  • Galco
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.