Round 7 - Broncos vs Knights - Post Match Discussion

Great game from the boys. Macca was just outstanding again as usual and hats off to Reed who turned it around and had a great game.

parker was also very solid in the second half, first half was a bit slow. That pass at the end of he game was magic.

Bring on Souths!!!

Great gutsy win .... so proud of the way the boys played last night :)

Parker is an absolute monster for us at the moment. Some of those offloads were freakish !!!

Reed was pretty good as well ... having his best game so far this year IMO.

Gillett was fantastic too, running the ball like we know he can/should.

Still though, the 5/8 debacle continues ... and is really hampering our backline movemements.

Time for a change there i think .... any kind of change.

Loved the win. We actually out a team to the sword for once and not give up once it looked like we could win.

I would really love to see more of Granville, reminds me of Segeyaro in how quick he is.

Really happy Griffin dropped Lowrie too, he was offering nothing and we'd do much better with Granville coming off the bench.

Like button is back now everyone go back to page 2 and like my player summaries. Haha

A quiet achiever tonight was Wallace. He had some quality runs, 2 real quality offloads in the same set and he is a good defender. Like him to play more games. good to have Oates playing as well he was solid

hope both of them keep their spots in the 17, those two are our future

I thought he did well too. Aside from a silly penalty, he generally impressed me. Bends the line, and those offloads were a nice touch I hadn't seen from him before.

Not sure why he hasn't had more game time : he's gone alright every time I've seen him.

I didn't notice Oates as much, but it's good to see him getting more game time in. Hopefully he's up to speed soon!

I am hoping we see more of that from Barba.

Now that he has scored a try and had a great night under the high ball and in attack, his confidence should be better. A confident Barba is a deadly Barba.

Now we wait to see what Griffin does next week..

Very happy to see him have a good game. Still can deliver a lot more for us hopefully.

I'm quite comfortable with his role in the team though. We don't need him to play like he did at the Bullgrubs, where he was practically a one man band.

Just needs to chime in at the right times and keep the defence honest. Knows when to run, when to pass, when to slip in a sneaky grubber. Which is exactly what we've needed for the last couple of years. Sorry Hoffman....

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Houston looks like a old man? Fair dinkum, every time I see him, I think he wouldn't look out of place in the Wiggles.

I'd say his time off due to the Wicks drama put 10 years on him.

Alex Glenn missed 11 tackles last night. 11! Made 26. It is unacceptable to be missing 40% of attempted tackles.

Good win last night.

The first 15mins was just pure defence on our part, I think the Knights had 71% possession which is crazy. If they had scored early on it could have gone the other way.

Hoffman, well, his position is safe for another day, even though he is the worst 5/8th in the known universe. If he's not going to get dropped when we lose then we'll just have to live with it. He kills so many plays out wide it's ridiculous and when he does pass it's horrible.

Barba had a good game but still lacking a little confidence. There were a couple of bombs where he caught the ball but just conceded the tackle. When he's in form he attacks from the moment he gets the ball, whether it be from a bomb or in the attacking line.

Massive fan of Granville, even if we only use him for 10mins a game, it's worth it. A couple of dummy half runs that were at least 15m gains. I know we want Macca playing a full 80 but if it injects some speed in the play the ball to get on top then keep Granville (won't happen though).

Big test next week.

Barba had a good game but still lacking a little confidence. There were a couple of bombs where he caught the ball but just conceded the tackle. When he's in form he attacks from the moment he gets the ball, whether it be from a bomb or in the attacking line.

bit harsh there. the defense was pretty much in his face as soon as he was taking the ball, not much he could do. im happy he was safe. it will be a big boost of confidence going into next week

Last night, Barba ran 5 times for 65 metres and Hoffman ran 15 times for 145 metres. One could be forgiven for thinking that they were playing in opposite positions!

I'm arguing for Barba to play 5/8 not just because the tries he set up were those a 5/8 ought to set up, but importantly, that Hoffman is a liability at 5/8, and from memory, could have, maybe, set up between 1-3 tries or close to it.

Against the best teams, that liability will cost us when we need points, and Barba is going to be very heavily targetted at the back where his confidence and ankle are still not right.

The Knights are NOT one of the best teams. Souths, Manly, Roosters and the Dogs will absolutely nail Barba with their big men chasing kicks and our game plan is not yet right to give Barba the space and room he needs at the back

As for Hoffman running, he doesn't look. He is playing a centre's game when we need a play maker. He just runs the same way all the time. Barba was proof of what a play maker can do.

Flame me if you will.

Last edited:
Really, Hoffman isn't even a centre. Even Jack Reed passes the ball sometimes. That inside pass that Hoffman threw, after Hunt put him through, was proof that Hoff can't throw the right pass at the right time. It needed a soft floater. He threw a bullet behind and above Hunt. It was lucky that Mullen struck at it because Hunt was never going to catch it. Wing is it, I'm afraid.

Hunt was even signalling him to use his outside man cause he was marked whereas his outside man wasn't, he didn't and he bombed what should have been a certain try. Putting him in at centre won't address anything either, his outside winger will be left starving for the ball, his effectiveness is as a finisher, perfect winger, try to make him something his not and the side suffers.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.