PRE-GAME Round 7 - Broncos vs Sharks

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Our main focus needs to be game control. Planning ahead to work everything in your favour like Melbourne do.

Craig Bellamy has had 15 years to get his structures and processes in place ... Anthony Seibold has had 6 games

Craig Bellamy has also been assisted by arguably the greatest ever hooker (not to mention one of the best game managers of this generation) ... Anthony Seibold doesn't have any of that.

That would be normally the case but in this situation I’m sick of seeing the same spine getting named and failing each week. WB still had the desire to debut our youth but siebold doesn’t have the balls to change our spine.

now you are either trying to re-write history OR just never paid attention to teams that Wayne Bennett has named over his career... he RARELY names youth to debut in his spine ...

in fact some of the people that have played in the halves (instead of debuting youth) were guys like Tony Carroll, Alex Glenn and I'm pretty sure that David Staggs and Sam Thaiday played there at some point.

guys like Thaiday and McGuire have played hooker instead of debuting rookies

Last edited:
I really hope Carrigan retains his spot when Lodge comes back. He’s been very impressive. It might be coincidence but the only time we’ve started to build momentum the last 2 games has been when he’s on the field. When Lodge is back I would like to see Staggs drop out.

Our spine is all struggling and I think the biggest improvement without reshuffling the whole team would come from simply putting Knik on the bench and bringing him on at hooker, while SoS or Deardon play 7 with a simplified role. It’s not really fair to Knik as he’s been our most consistent spine player but his impact off the bench would add so much. He really could play like Cook. Worse case scenario, the rookie 7 struggles and gets Hooked shifting a fresh Kodi into halfback and we’re back we’re we started.

What is our biggest losing streak?
According to Google in 2003 we lost last eight games of the season straight after a winning 11 of 14 games at the start of the season.

Wow that would have been a shit show.

We don't know if the other blokes are any better because they have not been given an opportunity. No doubt we need to clean up our ball handling, but let's do that with a side that's actually capable of winning a title.

these halves are given an opportunity in reserve grade to show what they can do and they've been mixed at best ... so if they're struggling in the lower grades how the hell will they be able to handle the massive step up to NRL.

We gotta be on red alert for Shaun Johnson. The guy loves destroying the broncos

And this is why I want sua there instead of Glenn, much more sting in defense.
I totally agree, it’s definitely not easy watch Glenn, every time he finish tackle, always the last one stand up And super slowly, I’d say if we are not really down on the ladder and the ref feel sorry for us, it’d be several penalties against just because him.

I remember last season we put Glenn on the bench and it kinda worked, didn’t it?

I totally agree, it’s definitely not easy watch Glenn, every time he finish tackle, always the last one stand up And super slowly, I’d say if we are not really down on the ladder and the ref feel sorry for us, it’d be several penalties against just because him.

I remember last season we put Glenn on the bench and it kinda worked, didn’t it?

So you’re saying that Glenn slows down the ruck in defence and doesn’t get penalised? Sounds great to me.

Last edited:
We gotta be on red alert for Shaun Johnson. The guy loves destroying the broncos
Who isnt?

Every time Ben hunt play Broncos, he’s like a super star......
So you’re saying that Glenn slows down the ruck in defence and doesn’t get penalised? Sounds great to me.

At least that’s what I watched the game and how I felt about it, quite a few time, it’s always 50/50 call, only the ref didn’t make the call, that’s it.

these halves are given an opportunity in reserve grade to show what they can do and they've been mixed at best ... so if they're struggling in the lower grades how the hell will they be able to handle the massive step up to NRL.

A lot of people are saying the same thing and on the surface it makes lot of sense. However, there is also chance that whoever they give an opportunity will make the most of it. To me it seems like there is not much harm in trying because we are already losing all of our games. I doubt a change would make us that much worse.

A lot of people are saying the same thing and on the surface it makes lot of sense. However, there is also chance that whoever they give an opportunity will make the most of it. To me it seems like there is not much harm in trying because we are already losing all of our games. I doubt a change would make us that much worse.

But they’re not setting up 10 tries a match. Clearly not doing enough.

I’m a huge fan of Su’a as well, but reality is he deserved to get dropped.
Whether it’s being played out of position, poor form or looking a little unfit I’m not sure, but Fifita has overtaken him this season and is our best edge forward right now.

There is a huge job ahead of Su’a, because barring injury or suspension, I really don’t see a way back at the moment unless Glenn comes out of the 17 entirely.

Who isnt?

Every time Ben hunt play Broncos, he’s like a super star......

At least that’s what I watched the game and how I felt about it, quite a few time, it’s always 50/50 call, only the ref didn’t make the call, that’s it.

Shaun Johnson is a different beast against the broncos. Even when he’s out of form he’ll single handedly give the broncos a touch up

I really hope Carrigan retains his spot when Lodge comes back. He’s been very impressive. It might be coincidence but the only time we’ve started to build momentum the last 2 games has been when he’s on the field. When Lodge is back I would like to see Staggs drop out.

Our spine is all struggling and I think the biggest improvement without reshuffling the whole team would come from simply putting Knik on the bench and bringing him on at hooker, while SoS or Deardon play 7 with a simplified role. It’s not really fair to Knik as he’s been our most consistent spine player but his impact off the bench would add so much. He really could play like Cook. Worse case scenario, the rookie 7 struggles and gets Hooked shifting a fresh Kodi into halfback and we’re back we’re we started.

Agree 100% about Carrigan however, I just don't get that "our spine is struggling". I get that our spine might not be setting the world on fire in absolute terms, yet for mine, we have done pretty well attack wise given a new coach, a new way of doing things like new attacking structures which, as I see it, we look to be scoring points pretty well given the caveats I just mentioned.

Where we are struggling is fundamental defence, and ball control, all over the park, and that is why we have lost - and mind you, to the top 3 sides.

I see Seibold mentally sorting the wheat from the chaff. I reckon his introduction of Dearden to the 21 is evidence of that, and he is smart enough to give Bennett's entrenched old guard plenty of opportunities to prove their credentials before he changes things around to his way of doing things if the results continue to slide. I am expecting changes soon - either wins on the park, or changes to a few key positions in the roster if the wins don't happen. Either way, the defence has to lift and I also expect under-performers in that area to be dropped as well.

Last edited:
Agree 100% about Carrigan however, I just don't get that "our spine is struggling". I get that our spine might not be setting the world on fire in absolute terms, yet for mine, we have done pretty well attack wise given a new coach, a new way of doing things like new attacking structures which, as I see it, we look to be scoring points pretty well given the caveats I just mentioned.

Where we are struggling is fundamental defence, and ball control, all over the park, and that is why we have lost - and mind you, to the top 3 sides.

I see Seibold mentally sorting the wheat from the chaff. I reckon his introduction of Dearden to the 21 is evidence of that, and he is smart enough to give Bennett's entrenched old guard plenty of opportunities to prove their credentials before he changes things around to his way of doing things if the results continue to slide. I am expecting changes soon - either wins on the park, or changes to a few key positions in the roster if the wins don't happen. Either way, the defence has to lift and I also expect under-performers in that area to be dropped as well.

I agree that we have bigger issues than our spine’s attack. Such as our spines organising, pressure building, and defence. But our teams discipline as a whole is the biggest issue, and it’s hard for halves to build pressure when our team keeps giving up possession.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • john1420
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Mr Fourex
  • Maroon4life
  • broncoscope
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • sooticus
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.