Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

No, that's fanciful. It was a weakened Cronulla team to begin with BEFORE they lost Dugan right before the game and then losing their playmaker. We dominated alright but it's unlikely that would've happened against say Melbourne or Souths. That doesn't mean I'm trying to take the shine off a good result.

Our middle still dominated theirs which is the most important thing I took from the game.

I wonder if at half time Seibold told Kodi to try and take over steering the team? The second half looked very different!
I noticed Kodi started taking long kicks at the start of the second half.

Also noticed that he moved into first receiver more and Milf was on the left blind side a bit more.

I think they used the second half to try out some things and see how they go.
- Staggs at dummy half
- Fifi on the left
- TPJ in the 2nd row when Gillett went off the field... cant remember who was in lock at that point though

I get that they wanted to try some things out, but given our start to the year I wish they stayed with Milf primarily at first receiver to try and build some chemistry between them.

I think there was also a thought of conserving energy with the short turnaround into Thursday's game

I wondered the same thing, even said that to my sister halfway through the second half. Thought Milf went to 2nd defender but would have to rewatch it to be sure.

If Seibold did do that he should not do it again, Milf was in control in the first half and had a blinder, Kodi had nothing going on.
I might be wrong but I think Milford runs out of gas early, compared to a lot of halves, hence the mixed form. He dominated the first half and was in everything. I think Kodi got settled on the idea that when milford is in that kind of form, let him have it, but in the second half Milford was still the go-to guy but wasn't showing up. Kodi should know when to take over and when not to but is not a natural half. He needed to take responsibility but didn't, highlighting a lack of communication there.
There's also the huge problem of Milford being our only kicking option at times. If this continues we will still struggle, no matter how good the forwards. Really we should have 3 or 4 options amongst the team and 2 or 3 of them active during the game. At the moment its only Milford (with Kodi chipping in his short kicking game). Others need to help him there, and they need to have those skills.
I would like to see Isaako used in a set play situation there, sometimes. He obviously has some skills, its just a matter of honing them. Macca needs to do more there too. I think Macca's kicking was bennet's thing and Siebold is more in favour of the halves dominating play. At least it appears that way. Or it may be that he is so down on form, it is affecting everything but his tackling. It's a shame because he is usually effective when he does.

Sounded like we played well as I could listen on the radio.

Anyone considering the Sharks were average because we only allowed them to be. Ie we dominated the game

Cronulla were minus Moylan, Dugan, Graham, Woods and Nikora. They lost Johnson early into the piece and the young guns lost their way. Will Kennedy, Ronaldo Mulitalo and Bronson Xerri showed their experience and the Sharks struggled to get into the game.

It was a gift, but the Broncos still played well enough to wrap the game up inside 30 minutes. They also did well to keep Cronulla to just six points. Plenty of sides have fallen asleep at the wheel and been guilty of conceding three soft tries to make it a much closer contest than it otherwise should have been. There was even a game 5 years ago where the Sharks managed to beat the Broncos after trailing by 22 points with less than 30 to go.

Jed Bogan goes down in every other game anyway, better for the Sharts that he did it befkre kick off instead of leaving them a man down. And anyone who has watched them play would know Peptide Paul is their chief playmaker, bringing to the table such exciting set plays as Fourth Tackle Settler, Grubby Tactics, Stats Pad, Whinge At The Ref, and Super Grubby Tactics.

They're a team of shitcunts who win their games through the middle and relish a grubby arm wrestle over exciting fast-paced footy. They still had their "premiership"-winning halfback. If the butterfingered tackle-missing Broncos from a few weeks back showed up tonight they'd have gotten pantsed. Given holding onto the ball and making tackles has been our biggest challenge this year I'd say if we play like we did tonight we may well match up against the Rorters.

Yeah.....the Sharks "severely depleted side" story is certainly stretching the truth. SJ hasn't had a decent game for 10 yrs .....Dugan is a perpetual rocks & diamonds player. Who's to say that if he had of played, he wouldn't have derped it up.

Last edited:
Just as well we won this one with Newcastle beating parramatta we would have been stone motherless last one the ladder otherwise.

Last season we were guilty of playing to the level of the opposition.

We didn't do that last night. We went hard in that first half and as BP said, wrapped up the game within the first 30 minutes. Yeah, the second half wasn't as good but we didn't fall asleep. We kept turning up when we needed to. The focus last night was just to get a win and get some confidence back in the team.

It was an easy win when all is said and done, but we showed very encouraging signs last night and sometimes these kinds of games can spark a side.

I remember we were having a bad run back in 09 and we went up against Cronulla, put in a very scrappy performance but got the win and it ended up sparking a 7 game winning streak taking down the minor premiers along the way.

Different side back then but the point I'm making is sometimes easy games can provide the spark a team needs.

Yeah.....the Sharks "severely depleted side" story is certainly stretching the truth. SJ hasn't had a decent game for 10 yrs .....Dugan is a perpetual rocks & diamonds player. Who's to say that if he had of played, he wouldn't have derped it up.
It wasn't a depleted side because Dugan was out and SJ injured. It was a depleted team prior to those events but if you want to have a make believe world, who am I to try to stop you?

It’s amazing to see how lodge has become the leader of the pack. Who would have thought. So glad he stuck around and hopefully he’ll stay at the broncos long term.

He was captain of the Junior Kangaroos. So was TPJ.

The fowards were very good as was Milfords kicking game. I have been liking Birds high energy efforts this year. I think we will soon see some good breaks and points coming from him.

I don't think we can call this a turn around game yet because a lot of our points did come ftom shark"s errors.

Rewatched the game today and I think it was a halfs make or break game. It seems to me Milf and Niko had been told that they both had a half each of controling the game and saving their career. Milf looked the goods in the first half and Niko did not in the second. We looked very disorganized at times in the second.

Come monday news of Niko leaving.

Rewatched the game today and I think it was a halfs make or break game. It seems to me Milf and Niko had been told that they both had a half each of controling the game and saving their career. Milf looked the goods in the first half and Niko did not in the second. We looked very disorganized at times in the second.

That’s pretty brutal of seibs if true.

Very funny the general perception down here in the Sydney media and Mr Joe Public, are that Cronulla were decimated with injuries/suspension and they had no chance to begin with.

Our performance from Saturday is being overlooked and I have a feeling this is the start of a turning point and we will shock most people on Thursday night. We are a genuine top 6 side - let's hope the boys turn up and absolutely give it to the Bunnies forwards and the grumpy grandfather in primetime!

I had this thought as well. It made no sense otherwise that Milf was so dominant in the first half and then just took a back seat.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • barker
  • winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Alec
  • broncsgoat
  • Mr Fourex
  • Battler
  • Culhwch
  • Astro
  • whykickamoocow
  • GCBRONCO
  • Clintos
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.