Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Hard to see that happening though. Teams do improve from week to week but they rarely do complete 360s.

I'm curious as to why you think that when we did the same thing last year?

Good to see siebold using Oates to run an edge forward line on the other side. Bulks numbers and confuses the defence having another difficult to handle big body running at holes. Excellent decoy run from tpj and elusiveness from Milford. Great game. Andrew fifita ran for 150+ mostly targeting niko but his buddies never showed up. Those saying we played a depleted sharks side, they still had most of their key forwards but our middle absolutely monstered them. They played bad because we made them. That's how it works. Biggest disappointment and a reason the second half wasn't as dominant was the drop from isaako at a key moment where we made them kick from their 10. We would have pinned them in their half for the rest of the game - we still kind of did.

Good to see siebold using Oates to run an edge forward line on the other side. Bulks numbers and confuses the defence having another difficult to handle big body running at holes. Excellent decoy run from tpj and elusiveness from Milford. Great game. Andrew fifita ran for 150+ mostly targeting niko but his buddies never showed up. Those saying we played a depleted sharks side, they still had most of their key forwards but our middle absolutely monstered them. They played bad because we made them. That's how it works. Biggest disappointment and a reason the second half wasn't as dominant was the drop from isaako at a key moment where we made them kick from their 10. We would have pinned them in their half for the rest of the game - we still kind of did.
Well, that's one way to look at it I suppose. Most of us though realise that we beat a severely depleted team who lost a first choice player prior to the game commencing and their chief playmaker very early on in proceedings. I'm stoked we won but really, it wasn't close to beating either Souths or Melbourne at home. That's not taking anything away from the team rather just a realistic take on things.

Highlights for me. Defence was much improved. Boyd's cover defence tackle in the first half ( he can still do it). Despite dropping one bomb Isaako looked a great deal safer under the high ball and he stayed on his wing. Oates' coming through that gap at pace for the first try. Our middles now know they are a weapon in both defence and attack. Even before SJ went off MILF was dominating proceedings. The smile on his face as Joffa forced his way over suggests he enjoyed the night too. Did not have to look at that ugly Sharks rip off jersey we normally wear ( look like theBroncos - play like the Broncos). We won!

A lot to like and still plenty of improvment in us which augers well for the future.

Well, that's one way to look at it I suppose. Most of us though realise that we beat a severely depleted team who lost a first choice player prior to the game commencing and their chief playmaker very early on in proceedings. I'm stoked we won but really, it wasn't close to beating either Souths or Melbourne at home. That's not taking anything away from the team rather just a realistic take on things.

Jed Bogan goes down in every other game anyway, better for the Sharts that he did it befkre kick off instead of leaving them a man down. And anyone who has watched them play would know Peptide Paul is their chief playmaker, bringing to the table such exciting set plays as Fourth Tackle Settler, Grubby Tactics, Stats Pad, Whinge At The Ref, and Super Grubby Tactics.

They're a team of shitcunts who win their games through the middle and relish a grubby arm wrestle over exciting fast-paced footy. They still had their "premiership"-winning halfback. If the butterfingered tackle-missing Broncos from a few weeks back showed up tonight they'd have gotten pantsed. Given holding onto the ball and making tackles has been our biggest challenge this year I'd say if we play like we did tonight we may well match up against the Rorters.

Much improved from the forwards but if Boyd and Niko have a 'good' game every 6 weeks we are still in a lot of trouble. IMO retire Boyd and McCull, Niko to the bench. Bring in a young SMART half and a decent hooker and combine them with our evolving forward pack and wejust might start to become a force again.
But thanks Broncs for giving this old coot a non depressed weekend.

Yeah I agree the game would've been different if dugan had played. Different in that we would've had a much harder time scoring on our left edge and less possession and field position which came from Ronaldo dropping his catches. But... We still won the middle and that's generally what you need to do to beat the sharks. We have work to do on our execution but I've seen an upward trend since the roosters flogged us so I'm keen to remain optimistic. Helps my sanity. We will see where we are at next week defence wise as I don't think our defence got tested at all last night. I'm guessing we still have a hard long road ahead.

Shades of 2015 from Milf. Would love to see him get back a bit more of his speed too.
Let’s hope he doesn’t put the que in the rack for a few weeks, but actually builds on that performance!
Our forward pack is also something else when it clicks!

Bring on WB next week, let’s hope the boys get up!!

the refs deserve a massive try assist for the whole passage of play leading up to Sharks try.

after Blake Brailey makes the break, then has Boyd drive him back to where he started, one of the Sharks players pulls Boyd out of the way ... the ref repeatedly says "you can't do that" but instead actually penalising the Sharks for the foul play, they just allow the Sharks to play the ball ... WTF

then 1 or 2 tackles later the ping Fifita for being in the tackle too long.

Not to mention the try itself was very dubious. That ball glanced his hand.

Hasn’t sua been playing as a middle tho?
He was playing in the middle because last night was the first time all year we had our full strength middle rotation available. Gillett and Fifita have also been playing in the middle, but are out and out edge players.

Sua is also an out and out edge player but we've had no injuries there so he's back in qcup to get fitness and eventually he will replace Glenn. Carrigan won't be replacing Glenn on the edge

Massive jump up the ladder, but why couldn't we score more tries in that 2nd half...why??

21 points up and we took a penalty goal, just dumb from Darius.
We had outside backs waiting to score tries, but halves are kick happy to put it in the in-goal.

Thrilled as ever for the first half. But that 2nd half was a disappointing.
Walker, Cook and Reynolds will probe for the full 80. We cannot afford to put the queue in the rack 50-60mns every game we take a big lead, that fucked us up in the 2015 GF...aarrggh!!!

Last edited:
What did everyone think of Staggs at 9? I thought be looked pretty comfortable, pretty keen to see some more to be honest..

Re-wtched the Gillett no try. How can he knock on when he's facing his own goal line. The decision could only have been he missed it completely, or if he did touch it he scored. Not sure how they could call a knock on.

Nikorima, well another sub par performance from him. Several suicide balls. I believe he threw 3 or 4 passes that lead to errors and this is becoming frequent. Defensively, they also made quite a few metres down his edge.
Cannot understand your hate for Nikorima. Better of the spine players for the opening 5 games and you still find bullshit to criticise him about.

Last edited:
Great game from the lads last night. They are starting to play footy. Defence was the biggest improvement and with the go forward from our best pack the halfs had more time and that was noticeable. Bit clunky in the back end. But with staggs first run at hooker that was to be expected, was that planned or just a way to get him on. I would give him a few a games to improve there. He has the skill set to do the job. All in all the team needs to keep it going next week.

Massive jump up the ladder, but why couldn't we score more tries in that 2nd half...why??

21 points up and we took a penalty goal, just dumb from Darius.
We had outside backs waiting to score tries, but halves are kick happy to put it in the in-goal.

Thrilled as ever for the first half. But that 2nd half was a disappointing.
Walker, Cook and Reynolds will probe for the full 80. We cannot afford to put the queue in the rack 50-60mns every game we take a big lead, that fucked us up in the 2015 GF...aarrggh!!!

We didn’t put the cue in the rack in the second half, we just bombed a few tries, with the ball going dead by half a metre on a couple of occasions, Gillette no-try, Gillette dropping it near the line and so on.

We get a bit more polish and the game ends up a cricket score. As it was, a 29-6 victory was extremely welcome and the improved defence and attack that we did show, should be very encouraging. Oates try off the Milford short pass for instance was outstanding.

I am thoroughly encouraged by that effort, we continue to build on that and our early woes will be forgotten pretty quickly.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.