PRE-GAME Round 7 - Broncos vs Storm

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Sims... FFS Wayne, just when I was about to sing your praises! :p

Sims is starting for the same reason Thaiday did last week.

Impact from the bench.

Sims is starting for the same reason Thaiday did last week.

Impact from the bench.
What impact? Su'a isn't a middle player, is perfectly capable of playing 80 minutes in the second row, and has done so before. The only reason to start Sims there, would be to protect Su'a from the initial exchanges.

WB would've been better off leaving TPJ on the bench (starting Ofa preferably, or even Sims next to Lodge) if he wants impact from it. As it stands, we have practically none now.

I don't think Su'a is an 80 minute player yet. His best (and arguably the only really impressive) performance was off the bench last week.

What impact? Su'a isn't a middle player, is perfectly capable of playing 80 minutes in the second row, and has done so before. The only reason to start Sims there, would be to protect Su'a from the initial exchanges.

WB would've been better off leaving TPJ on the bench (starting Ofa preferably, or even Sims next to Lodge) if he wants impact from it. As it stands, we have practically none now.

Thaiday could start with TPJ on the bench with a late switch

Tbf I agree Porthoz. I think TPJ should have come off bench as well. I don’t mind Sua off bench as long as he plays on that right side again when on. This year he’s mainly slotted in at prop I think and it’s not his position in our team and probably was a little underwhelming. However he’s always been a top performer at second row, including his debut two years ago.

I don’t think it will be long until he does start

Sims will push hard m. His defence is a worry though. Imagine him and Knik on that edge. In saying that I’m glad Knik is back and I believe he is great impact off bench.

I'm happy with that team until Hass is ready. Would of been good to see Taga replace Sammy, but I can live with that. I'm actually excited to see Kodi play as an impact player! Hopefully we can run Melbournes big boys around the park, so when he comes on he can work his magic. Hopeful for a big crowd on Friday, first storm game I've gone to in a long time and I'm feeling confident!

I'm actually excited to see Kodi play as an impact player! Hopefully we can run Melbournes big boys around the park, so when he comes on he can work his magic.
We all remember what happened last time Kodi was a utility against storm at Suncorp.... well I don't because I drank until that night disappeared from memory.

Although if a winger goes down this time we have Sua and Bird who can shift to the centres and Opa and Jet to the wing.... sooo hopefully no Vuni vs gnome this time round

What's wrong with TPJ starting? He was immense for us as a starter before he went down injured.

What's wrong with TPJ starting? He was immense for us as a starter before he went down injured.

the issue is how much momentum and impact we lose when both him and Lodge are off the field ... usually around the same time

We all remember what happened last time Kodi was a utility against storm at Suncorp.... well I don't because I drank until that night disappeared from memory.

Although if a winger goes down this time we have Sua and Bird who can shift to the centres and Opa and Jet to the wing.... sooo hopefully no Vuni vs gnome this time round

Shit. I'm still in recovery. Never felt like leaving lang park early, until that night..

Unread

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Porthoz
  • Evander
  • Justwin
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Dazza 92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bongo
  • Lozza
  • Fitzy
  • ostin86
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.