vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see how well we play with a busted reed then . What fucking rubbish ! How do you know he won't?

We played quite well with a busted Reed.

Not at all , but it seems that there is always a scapegoat even when we win . He is 23 in a new team and is rd 6 , a little patience maybe .

I never actually said to drop him, just that I wish we had a good left centre, which to date, Moga is far from. He's effectively Reed with worse ball skills and misses more tackles.

Mead showed about 1000 times more last night than we all (except meady) expected last night and 100% deserves his spot in the team before Moga based on last nights performances.

I don't expect Bennett to drop Moga for next week but I don't think he can turn in to many more performances like that and remain in the NRL side for long.

What about Oates to the bench if we're starting Niko or Sims is out? Moga was shocking in D in the first half, but his runs (someone ITT said he ran over 250m? That's absolutely yuge for a centre) were bruising, as was his D in the second half. Surely he gets another go against a shit house backline.

EDIT: You can't drop Mead after last night's performance.

He made one tackle. It wasn't exactly a bruising tackle either.

Let's see how well we play with a busted reed then . What fucking rubbish ! How do you know he won't?
Reed was one of our better players in the 2015 GF despite a crook shoulder and knee. He and Moga don't belong in the same sentence, the difference between the two was evident last night.

Moga struggled with a genuine turnstile Milford next to him....I have faith that Moga will improve. We all know the you have faith when there's no logical reason, no actual evidence to believe in something so I won't try and defend it. It's more a gut feeling that he will get better and that's based on the resilience he showed in the second half. That and WBs endorsement. Like I wrote earlier I remember Justin Hodges having the odd shocker but overcoming that and the naysayers.

In regard to Moga, everyone has a game where they're found out, It's how you respond that ultimately dictates what sort of player you will become. Bennett made a perfectly valid point about Moga not dropping his bundle and improving in the 2nd half. I don't think now is the time to move him on, we can afford to wait and see if the improvement and confidence continue to rise.
This is the post I agree most with.

There is no denying Moga's appalling performance in that first half, but he showed mental resilience above average (remember a certain Justin Hodges crumbling in the same circumstances, albeit a higher pressure game?) to come back from that first half and perform quite well in the second, correcting positioning, running with purpose and ever putting his winger away for a try with a classic centre move.

The next question is how does Mead get rewarded for a fantastic game? I would tend to agree with Oates coming from the bench as an impact player on that left fringe, instead of Glenn, who was imo very disappointing, to the point of being totally invisible last night.

I must admit it kinda tingles my spine to think of a left side defense consisting of Oates, Milford, Moga and Mead, but the attack could be orgasmic. On the other hand, we could move Gillett to the left edge where he was very good in the past, and would undoubtedly be better used in attack, while being a defensive minder for Milford, like Tunza was for Locky.

Bennett probably won't bench Moga over the one game. We'll have to see how he holds up over the next few games.

Assuming Moga doesn't pick up, and considering Moga's poor performance was mainly due to his positioning, lateral movement, and poor choices, surely it wouldn't really hurt to move Oates into the centre spot? I'm sure his weaknesses would be similar, but could it be better overall?
The benefit would be that we could bring Mead into the side and I prefer Mead on the wing in our own half. He's gotta greater acceleration off the mark, and is a lot more reliable under the high ball.

Could have them switch to Oates on the wing in attack if we wanted to. Mead would have decent hands considering he's previously played fullback, so I'm sure attacking as a centre and passing to Oates for a big finish won't be a big jump for him.

I'd be going with this.

1. Boyd
2. Kahu
3. Roberts
4. Moga
5. Mead
6. Kodi
7. Milf
8. Ese Ese
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillet
13. Moose
14. Oates
15. Thaiday
16. TPJ
17. Sims

Moga got his shit together second half, he deserves the chance to respond in this game. Last chance if he ***** up again he's gone.

Thinks Oates could be very damaging running at Taylor/Elgey, and Mead had a blinder. This way he can stay in the team and we get to see how Oates goes in the pack without dropping anyone from what's been a fantastic bench.

We obviously can't be complacent, but this is a game we should have no problems winning, so a good one to persist with Moga and experiment with Oates.

I'm quite interested to see how our kicking game goes. Milf has certainly improved this season and it'll be interesting to see him take the bulk of the kicks. Equally, Kodi seemed more eager to get boot to ball than Milford did when he first started in the halves. There was one long kick of Kodi's that got fielded on the full, but you could see he was attempting to split the winger and the fullback. It was the right play if poorly executed, which I was happy to see rather then done directionless bomb...

Dario Lale: What’s happening with Kodi Nikorima at Broncos - why isn’t he playing? And what’s the news on Sandow? Will he be a part of Broncos anytime this year or next?
The Lurker: Nikorima is playing for Norths in the Q Cup - not up to NRL standard at the moment according to Bennett. Sandow may get a shot at Origin time if his form is good.

I'm not sure why we would move one of the best wingers in the game to the bench.

Oates > Mead.

Dario Lale: What’s happening with Kodi Nikorima at Broncos - why isn’t he playing? And what’s the news on Sandow? Will he be a part of Broncos anytime this year or next?
The Lurker: Nikorima is playing for Norths in the Q Cup - not up to NRL standard at the moment according to Bennett. Sandow may get a shot at Origin time if his form is good.

I'm assuming this is from a considerable time ago?

I'm not sure why we would move one of the best wingers in the game to the bench.

Oates > Mead.
Thankfully WB has no such plans. Moving a guy who can score from anywhere and chalks up 200+ mtrs per game to the pack would be lunacy. It may happen eventually but not this season unless there is a worrying injury toll.

Yeah what is the context of that @GustheBronc?

It was from Wednesday or Thursday haha. The Lurker knows nothing.

Oates definitely has been great for us, but I still have my doubts over him there purely because of his unreliability under the high ball.

I definitely think his long term future is in the pack, and the opportunity's presented itself through a spot on the bench being open and a replacement winger whose just ran for 174m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Santa
  • Mighty Bronx
  • scobie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.