Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Really, why are posters so keen to get another player for the pack ? I mean , are we short of foot soldiers ? I can understand wanting mead in the team but he'll get his chance.

Wild Horse

Wild Horse

NRL Player
Jan 26, 2017
Hunt being injured is just fast tracking the Broncos preparation for next year. Niko gets a go and Milf takes the reins. Hypothetically, would we be picking Benji next week over Niko if he wasn't injured do you think?

Wild Horse

Wild Horse

NRL Player
Jan 26, 2017
Everyone on the sack moga train ! So many jockers who need someone to bag. Wonder who it'll be next week !

I'm on the fence on this one. I think Moga is responsible for one of the tries against us, and that hospital ball to Boyd was just ugly, plus the knock on. I was surprised to see that he didn't give up though, and had a few decent moments in the game there after. He makes the meters, and adds size to our side.

I just don't know.. but I get the feeling Bennett is going to stick with him and I hope it dosent hurt us. I also get the feeling that there is more to Mogas selection in the team than we know about from the games that we've seen. Either way Mead has well and truly put his hand up so the pressure is really on for his position in the side now.

Moga might just play his way into some form against the Titans. I hope so.

Last edited:
W

whiterhyno

U18 Player
Oct 14, 2011
Oates will come back in no doubt. But for me he has to start thinking about the move to the forwards soon. He's a huge body like Manu Vatuvei and will get good meters out of your own half and is a good finisher. But his acceleration is like a freight train, so slow. Mead has fast feet and acceleration which was great the other night.
Realistically Kahu will go to centre for Moga if he has any other poor performances like that of the 1st half. Bennet won't bench Oates and he's not moving him to the forwards this year

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Hunt being injured is just fast tracking the Broncos preparation for next year. Niko gets a go and Milf takes the reins. Hypothetically, would we be picking Benji next week over Niko if he wasn't injured do you think?

I have no doubt, so I guess we should thank the footy gods that Bennett doesn't have a choice in the matter. I just hope Nikorima takes the opportunity by the neck

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
It was from Wednesday or Thursday haha. The Lurker knows nothing.

It's from Thursday in his 'Ask a fuckwit', I mean 'ask the lurker' section.

Yes, the very same Thursday that Niko played NRL and had been named all week.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Why would Sandow get a shot at Origin time anyway? Our halves probably won't be in the team. Unless he means we are going to play him at wing/fullback or in the second row. :notsureifserious:

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
It was sometime last week

Wild Horse

Wild Horse

NRL Player
Jan 26, 2017
I have no doubt, so I guess we should thank the footy gods that Bennett doesn't have a choice in the matter. I just hope Nikorima takes the opportunity by the neck
Likewise, I thought Niko looked really sharp on Thursday day night. Granted he was fresh when the others where tiring but I just like the way there was no hesitation about his play. Reminds me of how he played against Wigan a couple of years ago. Fingers crossed for him.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Sandow may get a shot at Origin time if his form is good.

as if we needed any more evidence that the Lurker knows jack shit ... but Sandow can not even play in the NRL this season, he is under contract to an ESL club and they are only allowing him to play for Norths, not the NRL

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I'm not sure why we would move one of the best wingers in the game to the bench.

Oates > Mead.

He hasn't been close to that this year so why no give him a go in the backrow , afterall thats where he wants to be.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
He hasn't been close to that this year so why no give him a go in the backrow , afterall thats where he wants to be.
You know why that is!! He will come good in the next two games.

Even though he wants to move in field I'd much rather him stay on the wing.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
You know why that is!! He will come good in the next two games.

Even though he wants to move in field I'd much rather him stay on the wing.

I think he will leave if he dosen't get to play in the backrow , so it's inevitable. I would like to see whay he offers on the left eadge , he will still score plenty of tries imo. It gets him closer to the ball aswell.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I know that kniko playing in the halves is great for us as far as testing him for next year goes, and that he is probably a safer option, and that his selection makes the most sense but...is anyone else just a little dissapointed that we won't get to see Benji have a run in Broncos colours just for nostalgia's sake?

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
I think the Bennett comment suggesting he doesn't know who will play halfback is more Wayne not wanting to give too much away rather then him being generally undecided. For instance you'd imagine he knew when he named the team on Tuesday that Kodi would play and that Herman and Glenn would start he just didn't make it public until before kickoff. It just wouldn't be any fun for Wayne if he came straight out and told the media his plans...

Also the other two candidates in scarlet and Murphy both play Sunday afternoon which gives them only a 5 day turnaround before the titans game, probably not the ideal prep stepping up to their first nrl game. I think Wayne will name Kodi at number 7 and one of the other two in the extended bench just to leave people guessing.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I really liked our bench rotation from last week too. Ese Ese is fast becoming one of my favourite players (TP jr is no slouch either - ran over 150+ m, and that intercept to finish off Macca's ankle tap changed the game).

I think Thaiday has a lot more impact off the bench as well. As does Sims.

The thing that impressed me most is that we plays very aggressively in attack. The ball was being thrown around non-stop and it takes a lot of skill and composure to know when to push the pass/offload and when not too. The inexperienced guys had no problems at all dealing with it, except for Moga who looked a little flustered by it.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Just had a chat to someone well in the know and he says that he wouldn't be shocked to see Oates on the bench this week, but his transition to the back row is more likely to happen during Origin where he'll have an opportunity to play 80 minutes there. (Assuming he's not selected for QLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • MrMoore
  • Battler
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.