PRE-GAME Round 7 - Broncos vs Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess he fluked being top point scorer and rookie of the year playing on the wing then? What utter nonsense.
Okay, I'll rephrase that. He's a shit winger and a really good kicker .

I really don't like Isaako being relegated. He has putting in effort for 80 minutes every week, one of the few. He's no superstar, but every kick return he puts his body on the line and throws himself at the defence. He shows desperation to clean up difficult kicks. He never dies wondering. Even his "professional foul", he barely had a hold of the jersey fabric, it was a great act to milk it.

With the limited possession we have had, I can't see anything more we could ask of him. Maybe fly kick anyone who drops the ball or gives away a penalty?

I really don't like Isaako being relegated. He has putting in effort for 80 minutes every week, one of the few. He's no superstar, but every kick return he puts his body on the line and throws himself at the defence. He shows desperation to clean up difficult kicks. He never dies wondering. Even his "professional foul", he barely had a hold of the jersey fabric, it was a great act to milk it.

With the limited possession we have had, I can't see anything more we could ask of him. Maybe fly kick anyone who drops the ball or gives away a penalty?

I guess Seibold thought he had no other option for 2nd hooker, if that is part of his role from the bench, as well as cover for the backs. He could hardly put Oates there. Maybe it's a sort of compliment to Isaako that he's a valued part of the team as he had done the 2nd hooker role before. It might also help him develop a passing game. Can't see any other logic in picking him there given our awful injuries, and given Seibold's decision to cotton wool Dearden.

Again, Boyd remains a protected species.

Last edited:
Why is Seibold trying to be tricky and play mind games. Like any team is scared of us and what team we roll out at the moment lol

Reactions: Dee
Why is Seibold trying to be tricky and play mind games. Like any team is scared of us and what team we roll out at the moment lol
Because of COVID restrictions and the monetary considerations each club must undertake, the numbers on the back of shirts are allocated to sizes, therefore players need to be named in numbers that are relative to their shirt size.

Why hasn’t Isaako been doing some kicking in play? He has a big boot and would take a lot of pressure off Croft who seems to be doing all of the kicking. These are things that the coach should be adding to players games to improve the team. I just don’t get what the **** they’re doing at training or doing to improve. Soapy footballs obviously aren’t doing shit

Why hasn’t Isaako been doing some kicking in play? He has a big boot and would take a lot of pressure off Croft who seems to be doing all of the kicking. These are things that the coach should be adding to players games to improve the team. I just don’t get what the **** they’re doing at training or doing to improve. Soapy footballs obviously aren’t doing shit

We have to get to that point first, that includes the basics and getting control.

We have to get to that point first, that includes the basics and getting control.
We’ve been stuck in our own half plenty. Milford has taken a backseat and Croft has been doing nothing with his kicks. Tell Isaako to boot it long and see what happens. Game plans obviously aren’t the coaches forte

Also, they shouldn’t just be doing the basics at training five days a week. I’d hope they’re trying to work on set plays, adding skills to their repertoire and just overall trying to improve the players and the team as a whole.

Also, they shouldn’t just be doing the basics at training five days a week. I’d hope they’re trying to work on set plays, adding skills to their repertoire and just overall trying to improve the players and the team as a whole.

Well whatever is being dished up on field shows a few major problems with the basics IMO.

Well whatever is being dished up on field shows a few major problems with the basics IMO.
Absolutely, I’m not denying that. The basics shouldn’t be this difficult to coach though

We all have to have pre requisites when we apply for a job, surely the pre requisite for an NRL player is to catch, pass and tackle?

Time to chuck a team together... I think decisions need to be made thinking about what the team will look like when we are full strength (I know we may never be full strength again!!)

1. Isaako (but if the long term plan is Niu then they need to start working towards it... he's off contract this year so may as well see if he's got potential to be an NRL fullback)
2. Coates / Isaako (I've got Coates being the starting winger this year, but we do need a left center moving forward and no one is fitting the bill atm... so one of Staggs, Coates or Niu is likely earmarked for it)
3. Niu / Isaako / Coates / Herbie (unfortunately center is a huge issue with Staggs, Bird, Arthars and even Kahu all out... whoever is the long term plan for left center should be moving in)
4. Glenn (can't do a worse job than the garbage currently occupying the position)
5. Herbie (long term winger... sign him up already!!)
6. Milf (if he's dropped it's difficult to go back to him if Dearden also shits the bed... if Dearden is the future then just **** Milf off now and hope his manager finds him a new home starting next year)
7. Croft (I like the look of him... I think he is coping well with the new rules, but no one seems to be coming with him)
8. Lodge
9. Luke
10. Haas
11. Oates (his long term position is now in the forwards... moving him back to the wing was a backwards step. He can start until Fifita comes back and then moves to the bench)
12. TPJ
13. Offa (can see coach going with TPJ as cover for Carrigan, but that will just be more changes... if TPJ is the second row then he should FUCKING stay in the second row!!)

14. Paix / Milf
15. Kennedy
16. Bullemor
17. Teo

Darius... never to be seen again (except flogging his guts out at Red Hill, because man can train!!)

Decisions need to be made on what the plan is for the team moving forward at full strength... when teams cop an injury the next man is up to do the same role... it's not the next man slides over from a different position, old mate moves from wing to back row to wing, whilst someone else moves from left wing to right center.

Starters shouldn't be changing position every week.. that's chaos and doesn't build any consistency.

Who's our long term fullback (Isaako or Niu)??
- Isaako has been very good defensively... so I'd want to be sure that Niu can handle the position before throwing him in there (needs to be training at fullback... not playing 5mins off the bench or filling in at center/wing if that's not the plan)
Pending fullback what is our plan with Isaako/Niu?
- Can Isaako be a center or winger moving forward? if not then is he worth paying as a starter until 2022
Who's our long term left center?? Actually who's our immediate left center... because old mate that is filling the position now can **** right off.
Who are our wingers?? (why say Herbie is a winger and then move him to center!!!!)
- Who are our second rowers moving forward? Fifita has one spot locked down... TPJ kills it in attack, but his defence is woeful... Glenn is gone end of next year, Oates should be moved to the forwards and could be handy... Bullemor has been floated as a future second rower
This is a really intelligent post. Thankyou. I vote you for coach.

Badel is an idiot, he posted this article last monthView attachment 8270

Big LOL at that headline

‘Broncos lock in next Locky’

Just like how Flegler is the next Webcke, how TPJ is the next Taumalolo, Haas will be the best ever prop to play the game, Fifita the best ever young forward to play the game, Staggs the next Berrigan.

Give me a fucking break, the charade is over. How about we compare players to past greats when they actually fucking win or achieve something.

That Suuali kid that Souths signed is one a hiding to nothing. Apparently a SBW and Inglis hybrid. **** me that one takes the cake.

Trying to envision what the team would look like if Dearden does actually come in..

1. Niu
14. Isaako
3. Farnworth
4. Boyd
5. Coates
18. Dearden
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Luke
10. Haas
11. Glenn (c)
12. Pangai Jr
13. Ofahengaue

2. Oates
6. Milford
16. Kennedy
17. Te'o

?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Yellowfella
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.