Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herbie dressing to the right on the night:

Why!?!

Enough with the chopping and changing already.

Mead is the depth player and should be the one moved around... he's going to drop out when Staggs comes back anyway.

This also puts Herbie up against Opa... so we've lined up one of our best attacking threats against their best defensive center... whilst on the other side of the field we'll have a 34 yr old winger up against a makeshift center who has been running over guys.

Mead and Opa wouldve cancelled each other out, and Herbie would have a better chance of exploiting a 2nd rower in the centers

I have a lot of time for Haas. He may not always respond in the preferred way to authority but he stands strong to his convictions and never retreats from them or take the easy way out.
That combined with a more mature outlook and the wisdom of years will carry him far.
He just needs to learn there are times when saying what you feel should give way to thinking about what you say. It has twice got him in trouble. Otherwise he could be anything.
I like how he participates in Ramadan and drinks alcohol.

I hate it when things aren’t black and white...

Why!?!

Enough with the chopping and changing already.

Mead is the depth player and should be the one moved around... he's going to drop out when Staggs comes back anyway.

This also puts Herbie up against Opa... so we've lined up one of our best attacking threats against their best defensive center... whilst on the other side of the field we'll have a 34 yr old winger up against a makeshift center who has been running over guys.

Mead and Opa wouldve cancelled each other out, and Herbie would have a better chance of exploiting a 2nd rower in the centers

That’s a fair post but a bit unfair on Oppa. He isn’t a star but he’s a solid centre, Mead is a winger out of position.

If he didn't drink alcohol I would be fine with that but that he does is OK too.
He has his beliefs and principles. I wish there were a few more with the. Strength of their convictions like him. Staggs for instance.
Football and (any professional sport really) comes down to self-dicipline if you want to have a career of any substance.
Mike Tyson is a classic example of that and easily seen in his fights.
If you look at his early fights he was almost unstoppable. He'd train for 14 hours a day and spend a couple more watching. and educating himself on fight films with his manager.
After he got into the party mode, he cut and it was there for all to see. The speed was gone, both in his footwork and combinations.
There's no place to hide in the ring but with rugby league you can get by with a little help from those around you but eventually, like Tyson you fall.
That's why attitude should be so important when signing players to our squad. The game is getting harder and harder that you don't need to do much wrong to fall behind. When you do (not if), it's good to have someone at your shoulder to share the burden. That's why Id take a Haas or carrigan over a fiffita or Dave Taylor any day.
Of course if they have both (lockyer), even better.

That’s a fair post but a bit unfair on Oppa. He isn’t a star but he’s a solid centre, Mead is a winger out of position.
I like Oppa... I was more talking about cancelling each other out defensively.

I think Mead may have enough to be able to defend him vs defending Niakura and Fergo on the other side.

We have to belt them in the middle. Last week there was a period where finding a Penrith forward to go forward was difficult. We were on top for a period. I am a bit disappointed with the bench this week but we should be able to match them in the forwards where it counts.

We have to belt them in the middle. Last week there was a period where finding a Penrith forward to go forward was difficult. We were on top for a period. I am a bit disappointed with the bench this week but we should be able to match them in the forwards where it counts.
Bench is a bit light isnt it... I'm happy enough to have a second hooker this week even if it means we are a front rower short. Maybe there are plans for TPJ to go back in to the middle to give Riki more game time. TPJ was bloody good on the edge last week and KW seemed to want to keep him there. Interested to see how he uses this bench

Hopefully they will improve on last week's effort however it would not suprise me if they went back to their old ways.

I getting scared.

Please God (I'm an athiest) let us win!!!!!

Given the conditions I think bench use will be critical for this match
...correct....for both sides, and so far Parras bench has been one f the best in the comp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• teampjta
  • Mr Fourex
  • theshed
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • jarro65
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mustafur
  • Big Del
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.