Round 7 - Eels vs Broncos

You are a stronger bloke than me.
That loss last night stole the last bit of hope i had for this group.
Fingertips, fingertips only. I do believe we have the bones of a good team and it's nice to see that ref blunder highlighted on Fox Sports. The Moses eternal tackle that is.

We do need to play to our strength and we have plenty of good mobile forwards at the moment. I'd be using the bench a lot differently though. I liked Levi and I think he'll be very useful going forward. Next week I'd have him and Asiata as benchies. Our rhs will need rehearsal and plenty of it.

I say, do not give up on this team. If they weren't trying or were laughing and joking about I'd say it didn't matter to them but even a poor losing performance still requires heart and courage and we still have it. KW hasn't lost the dressing room and the pain of losing is evident in the players faces.

Look at those metres for Flegler, that's horrendous. Kennedy got more despite his usual 8 minutes on the field. I also think the jersey throwing is important.

Yes, the jersey throw is cliched and for most thinking people, a bit stereotypical but don't forget how dumb this team is, they need EVERYTHING spelled out to them and then they still probably won't get it. There is no point trying something creative, spoon feeding they can already barely handle.

That said, I'm disappointed as anyone else, especially after the promising showing of last week but I hold out hope Donuts will start to fix this mess. I also believe most of the side is ok, the problems cannot be fixed until we get some injection of players in, experienced guys who can do the simple things, guys like Su'A, Capewell, Gagai and Opacic. I think we already have a fullback, it is just whether it will be Cobbo, Niu or Herbie. We desperately need a 7, so throwing a million at Reynolds is a must, we have to pay overs for a steering wheel. Then, do whatever you have to to get Grant, even if it is $2 million a season.

The building blocks are there, the glue and the framework isn't.

I prefer Boyd (cough cough) to Isaako, and not by small margin. In fact with Darius at the back but only under Kevvie, I reckon we would be so much better off both in attack and defence. Under Kevvie.

Isaako is just not the FB this side needs. In fact, for mine, Isaako is simply not a FB. Major worry. He seems more into himself than the team, especially with those stupid goose steps and fancy footwork which just make him an easy target. They might work one on one but not bringing it back.

As well, Darius was very effective coming up into the line, unlike Isaako. And we let Walsh go?

I've been hating on Boyd just like everyone else has, but gee he'd still be an upgrade over Isaako in attack. Isaako is useless in those second man plays, and I dunno how you can make split halves consistently work if the fullback isn't there to spread the ball even further.

I've been hating on Boyd just like everyone else has, but gee he'd still be an upgrade over Isaako in attack. Isaako is useless in those second man plays, and I dunno how you can make split halves consistently work if the fullback isn't there to spread the ball even further.

Imagine, the Roosters have to choose between the best fullback in the world, Manu and Suaalii, the most hyped up young back in the game.

Meanwhile, we miss having a totally busted and below standard, old Boyd.

Reminiscing over fucking Boyd. Gee if that isn't some serious desperation.

For mine, this is one of the biggest headaches for Kevvie. It so limits our options.

I think Isaako would be ok at centre, I'd swap him into there until the end of the season when I'd be trying to offload him.

I actually think he would make a very good centre. Thing is, who makes way. Herbie to FB? I like it, but it's really too risky. Still, would be good to see.

I've been hating on Boyd just like NEARLY everyone else has, but gee he'd still be an upgrade over Isaako in attack. Isaako is useless in those second man plays, and I dunno how you can make split halves consistently work if the fullback isn't there to spread the ball even further.
Fixed. Boyd played well in his last season. I wasn't one of the haters because I could see plenty in the team with a lot to answer for.

I actually think he would make a very good centre. Thing is, who makes way. Herbie to FB? I like it, but it's really too risky. Still, would be good to see.

Yeah its risky but Isaako is a horrible fullback and we need to see what Herbie's got at the back, so what harm will it do? Get beaten by 50? Who cares, we will with Isaako there anyway.

I think Isaako would be ok at centre, I'd swap him into there until the end of the season when I'd be trying to offload him.

I think we would be better off signing centres. We cant keep moving players from one position to another and hope they come off. I still think Issako would never have got the run in the 17 if he couldnt kick goals. He's a fullback at the end of the day, if he cant cut it there i'm not sure we should persist with him anymore.

I think we would be better off signing centres. We cant keep moving players from one position to another and hope they come off. I still think Issako would never have got the run in the 17 if he couldnt kick goals. He's a fullback at the end of the day, if he cant cut it there i'm not sure we should persist with him anymore.

I totally agree but I don't think we can sign any centres for this year. I don't think Isaako should be part of the side moving forward, he isn't a fullback and he is a depth winger, so put him at centre this year and give the shot at the back to Niu or Herbie. Hopefully Niu went well there in Q Cup tonight because he did look really promising last year once or twice.

I totally agree but I don't think we can sign any centres for this year. I don't think Isaako should be part of the side moving forward, he isn't a fullback and he is a depth winger, so put him at centre this year and give the shot at the back to Niu or Herbie. Hopefully Niu went well there in Q Cup tonight because he did look really promising last year once or twice.
Niu definitely has one thing Isaako doesn't which is good support play. He was always pushing behind the ball. Seems a far more natural fullback than Isaako.

Storm in 2019. 458 tackles out of 511. 89.63%
Broncos in 20. 297 tackles out of 325. 91.38%

Pretty sure you can do the math. He's a tremendous tackler and your perception is clearly wrong.
The 10 % he misses are on the try line ...

That's why I want blokes like Kennedy and Lodge to run into brick walls instead of Haas. I won't be upset if others don't agree but I'd rather Haas and TPJ play the second row out a bit wider. Tonight was perfect. I'd have started Lodge and Kennedy with Lexi out and replaced Lexi with Haas. In such humidity it just didn't make sense to me to have a prop sitting there for 61 minutes. What's the point if, like usual we're down by 20 or 30. All of our forwards have an offload and we should play to our strength.
There is this thing called lateral movement .
Required to defend in the 2nd row , halves , centres and wing .

I highly doubt Payne has the ability to defend on an edge .

Active Now

• Santa
  • Culhwch
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosgirl
  • Howie
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.