Round 7 - Eels vs Broncos

There is this thing called lateral movement .
Required to defend in the 2nd row , halves , centres and wing .

I highly doubt Payne has the ability to defend on an edge .

Neither do our current edge backrowers.

Nobody is kicking up a fuss about it, but I thought if you ran out of the field of play to chase a kick you had to get both feet back in the field of play? Am I confusing that rule with another sport? Or is that only for regathers?

I can't find any rules on it.

There is this thing called lateral movement .
Required to defend in the 2nd row , halves , centres and wing .

I highly doubt Payne has the ability to defend on an edge .
Perhaps but that's unknown. When you're beaten by 40 you're entitled to try stuff. I don't see why Haas would struggle to defend laterally as he is an elite athlete in all other areas so on what basis do you make such a claim?

Nobody is kicking up a fuss about it, but I thought if you ran out of the field of play to chase a kick you had to get both feet back in the field of play? Am I confusing that rule with another sport? Or is that only for regathers?

I can't find any rules on it.
Just need to get the one foot back in the field of play (the last foot to touch the ground) before touching/regathering the ball.

Perhaps but that's unknown. When you're beaten by 40 you're entitled to try stuff. I don't see why Haas would struggle to defend laterally as he is an elite athlete in all other areas so on what basis do you make such a claim?
unknown ?
If that is the case the coaches , trainers ,development officers and his own team mates are as ignorant as you are ...

unknown ?
If that is the case the coaches , trainers ,development officers and his own team mates are as ignorant as you are ...
????
Whether or not Haas can move laterally well enough to defend in the second row is unknown to me. I haven't seen him play there but I'm sure he would have at some stage. Why would those four groups you mentioned be considered ignorant?

Isaako has been disappointing. Was wraps on him a couple of years ago. In a good side he would probably contribute nicely in some position. Just isn’t a star fullback like you need

????
Whether or not Haas can move laterally well enough to defend in the second row is unknown to me. I haven't seen him play there but I'm sure he would have at some stage. Why would those four groups you mentioned be considered ignorant?
Well......as an overall group, we've been pretty shit for a while now. Maybe ignorant isn't the right word but at times, they've at least appeared to be pretty clueless.

I don't know why ....well I do know why (I was smoking some pretty heavy doobies on the weekend 😉 @ ning) ....but Brad Fittler said something that made sense recently and I recalled thinking about it last year at the time.

...and I'm paraphrasing;
"After the first 2 rounds, Brisbane were looking likely contenders to be this years (last year 2020) premiership front runners. Covid19 hit and........pooof!! that side disappeared and what we've seen ever since, is has been sliding rapidly downhill"

Surely Brisbane's managers, of all job descriptions....right up to the CEO, should wear the responsibility for this...(?)

I don't know why ....well I do know why (I was smoking some pretty heavy doobies on the weekend 😉 @ ning) ....but Brad Fittler said something that made sense recently and I recalled thinking about it last year at the time.

...and I'm paraphrasing;
"After the first 2 rounds, Brisbane were looking likely contenders to be this years (last year 2020) premiership front runners. Covid19 hit and........pooof!! that side disappeared and what we've seen ever since, is has been sliding rapidly downhill"

Surely Brisbane's managers, of all job descriptions....right up to the CEO, should wear the responsibility for this...(?)
What do you think that suggests Mr. Fourex?

That I'm smoking too much high grade weed ....because Fittler made sense?
That.

But also maybe the global pandemic brought everything to a head and after a gallant opening two weeks the Broncos found themselves in a vulnerable position that was allowed to fester thanks in part to the NRL's desperation to put forward a product for their broadcasters.

That.

But also maybe the global pandemic brought everything to a head and after a gallant opening two weeks the Broncos found themselves in a vulnerable position that was allowed to fester thanks in part to the NRL's desperation to put forward a product for their broadcasters.

But of course Peter....I knew exactly what the straighty 180, hard-nosed league enthusiast such as yourself, was really driving at. 🙃

TBH...I haven't got a fucken clue.

I've got sketchy recollections of anything past a couple months, unfortunately as a result of years of substance abuse. (Its got nothing to do with age Nashy so **** OFF) but.....
covid hit, we all went into a bubble......mandatory quarantine for all persons for 2 weeks (?).......team then got back together....self-isolated together for 4 weeks (?) ....and then we got back into it.....?

Correct me....(there's a good chance I'm wrong)

Either way...anyway, a team break for off season/xmas has been SOP for decades........being separated / disrupted.....whatever, shouldn't have been an issue at all.....?? Am I being naive?

So what happened? What the **** happened? How does a team implode like that in 2 weeks (theorising) of being separated from each other? Its quite bizarre.

My common sense tells me to discard Morkel's "conspiracy theories" as incoherent, self-serving ...stories. Just because...

Do we turn the focus in tighter......?
It's been no coincidence that Brisbane fire, when Milford fires.....2015......first 2 rounds of 2020. Some games in between.
What happened to Anthony during that turbulent covid19 .......2 week period?

We're in through the looking glass here Pete.....but I've asked more questions than given you answers. I tell you what, chuck 50K(a steal tbh) in my bank account and I'll give it some further thought.

Much to my surprise/disgust..... I'm thinking perhaps some kind of sports head shrink therapy for Milford (?)
I wonder what those close to him know what Anthony knows/thinks......is there such a person at the club(?) How do Alfie and Milf get along
(don't answer that)

😉

But of course Peter....I knew exactly what the straighty 180, hard-nosed league enthusiast such as yourself, was really driving at. 🙃

TBH...I haven't got a fucken clue.

I've got sketchy recollections of anything past a couple months, unfortunately as a result of years of substance abuse. (Its got nothing to do with age Nashy so **** OFF) but.....
covid hit, we all went into a bubble......mandatory quarantine for all persons for 2 weeks (?).......team then got back together....self-isolated together for 4 weeks (?) ....and then we got back into it.....?

Correct me....(there's a good chance I'm wrong)

Either way...anyway, a team break for off season/xmas has been SOP for decades........being separated / disrupted.....whatever, shouldn't have been an issue at all.....?? Am I being naive?

So what happened? What the **** happened? How does a team implode like that in 2 weeks (theorising) of being separated from each other? Its quite bizarre.

My common sense tells me to discard Morkel's "conspiracy theories" as incoherent, self-serving ...stories. Just because...

Do we turn the focus in tighter......?
It's been no coincidence that Brisbane fire, when Milford fires.....2015......first 2 rounds of 2020. Some games in between.
What happened to Anthony during that turbulent covid19 .......2 week period?

We're in through the looking glass here Pete.....but I've asked more questions than given you answers. I tell you what, chuck 50K(a steal tbh) in my bank account and I'll give it some further thought.

Much to my surprise/disgust..... I'm thinking perhaps some kind of sports head shrink therapy for Milford (?)
I wonder what those close to him know what Anthony knows/thinks......is there such a person at the club(?) How do Alfie and Milf get along
(don't answer that)

😉
It was longer than two weeks apart, the competition was put on hold for 10 weeks and players were under the belief that they wouldn't be back until June/July if at all. There was a lot of bitterness surrounding the club because a lot of staff lost their jobs due to COVID including assistant coaches who have a hands on role with the players. Players elected to have surgeries as well with the understanding that they'd be right to return when the competition resumed, which is why Fifita missed the majority of the season.

You also have to remember the Broncos went from facing the Gold Coast Titans in Week 3 to the Parramatta Eels in a return game from the 58-0 annihilation.

There was a lot of bitterness surrounding the club because a lot of staff lost their jobs due to COVID including assistant coaches who have a hands on role with the players.

OK....I knew there'd be errors with my recollections ....still, I think what I'm raising, discards your "mentions" other than the above snippet?

A great number of large companies lost employees.......RL football clubs included. Most companies were given financial incentives to rehire at the first opportunity.

...and that aside, are we really at a point where each player individually needs his own assistant/coach? I just spewed a little in the corner of my mouth......no choice but to swallow.

Has the club become that toxic, that ex players, be they greats or also-rans...basically anyone who has played first grade and wants to keep fit and involved with the club....wouldn't do what they could, even if they weren't getting paid? Have a run at training...offer up someone advice......?

Again...I'm asking a lot of questions.......but I'm yet to see any money turn up in my bank account as requested.
For your convenience ...and your accounts department, my P/O is XXXX0045

OK....I knew there'd be errors with my recollections ....still, I think what I'm raising, discards your "mentions" other than the above snippet?

A great number of large companies lost employees.......RL football clubs included. Most companies were given financial incentives to rehire at the first opportunity.

...and that aside, are we really at a point where each player individually needs his own assistant/coach? I just spewed a little in the corner of my mouth......no choice but to swallow.

Has the club become that toxic, that ex players, be they greats or also-rans...basically anyone who has played first grade and wants to keep fit and involved with the club....wouldn't do what they could, even if they weren't getting paid? Have a run at training...offer up someone advice......?

Again...I'm asking a lot of questions.......but I'm yet to see any money turn up in my bank account as requested.
For your convenience ...and your accounts department, my P/O is XXXX0045
It got really messy with the coaching situation. There were assistant coaches suing the club for unfair dismissal, others having to coach from behind a fence and then there was the fallout with Seibs and that disgusting social media post.

Other teams had to go through similar dilemmas but none of them had to adjust like the Broncos did. Seibold's methods were very meticulous, almost to a fault but he was planning for the long term future with the talent he had. When the club sacked a fair portion of his staff, his methods were found wanting especially when the start date was pushed weeks ahead of schedule.

On top of that, Brisbane had a horrific injury toll and were expected to adapt to new rule interpretations that the NRL came up with on the fly. The rules made field position much harder to come by and made it very easy for teams to score points in chunks.

Brisbane found that out first hand the hard way and with injuries piling up people started pointing fingers and only a couple of players took it upon themselves to try and turn it around, but hardly anyone went with them.

I think it all just culminated in this horrific storm and it's endured because the Broncos are effectively paying a million for others to play for other clubs. Factor in the loss of David Fifita and injury to Kotoni Staggs with a relatively young roster it's taking longer than usual to bounce back.

Essentially the Broncos went for a rebuild at the absolute worst time and paid a hefty price.

????
He`s 20 sumpin years old been in talent squads since he was a kid . Has done 3 or 4 NRL pre seasons now . If the coaches and trainers don`t know his physical abilities by now they never will .

If they haven`t worked out his strengths and weaknesses they aren`t doing their jobs . Or are ignorant .
If he was a better player at 2nd row / 4 in defender I think he would be playing there already ?

Does that help you understand ?

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Howie
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • heartly87
  • Dexter
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.