Round 7 - Eels vs Broncos

The forwards are doing their job, they could be far superior if the spine gave them a chance. The options from our halves and fb are absolutely diabolical. Our back 3 give no help to the big boys and our halves cannot finish off a set of 6 to save their lives.
I feel massively for the blokes that actually have a dig. The Payne Haas’ of the world. Imagine him in a Storm or Roosters jersey. He would be a future immortal with how their sides would allow him to play, and not be spent every fkn week.
We NEED a PROVEN 7. Yeah Reynolds doesn’t want to leave Sydney, but it’s time this club stood for something and made his decision for him. Offer him a 2yr deal, at $1mill a year.
Shop Isaako around or at the very least put him back on the wing or back into cup.
Buy an experienced winger and an experienced centre. In those positions we could get Gags and Fergo relatively cheap imo.
Get some fucking experienced hard-nosed PROVEN players.
Let the next ‘young guns’ find their feet elsewhere if they think they don’t need to spend time learning their trait in cup.
It’s really not that fkn difficult, but for some reason this club has no idea it seems and I’m seeing nothing that tells me we are heading in the right direction.
At least the Bulldogs and Cowboys are recurring for next year accordingly. We just seem to want to keep re-signing young unproven blokes that read in the paper that they’re the next best thing.
Forward stats from last night - I would suggest our forwards didn't really do their jobs at all last night (other than Haas obv).

RM Tries Tackles Runs PCM
8M. Lodge880291328
9J. Turpin2402326
10P. Haas1710321580
17J. Riki32032612
12T. Pangai584311122
13P. Carrigan72034831
15T. Flegler2502048
16E. Bullemor1701329
18R. Kennedy3109414
It's impossible for the spine to do shit behind a pack like this.

Forward stats from last night - I would suggest our forwards didn't really do their jobs at all last night (other than Haas obv).

RM PCM
8M. Lodge880291328
9J. Turpin2402326
10P. Haas1710321580
17J. Riki32032612
12T. Pangai584311122
13P. Carrigan72034831

Last night wasn’t the forwards best display however we did see last week what they are capable of however last week it was our spine that lost it for us. Our forwards dominated the Panthers pack but our halves and Isaako were unable to finish the job off.
Last night everyone besides Haas and TPJ were very bad.

I totally forgot about DD. I bet that bloke is sitting at home thinking to himself ****, is this really worth it. No matter what they’re paying me, it’s likely not enough for the shit I’m going to have to wade through.

He’s also probably waking up in the middle of the night in cold sweats. Poor bastard.

The 2020’s Broncos, where careers go to die.
Lol White has still been cashing in over this period and seems to be leaving the joint with high praise. Everyone but the coach and players seems to be immune from long term damage despite performing horrendously.

My answer is to sign a competent FB and put Coates on notice that if he comes in off his wing again he is in ISC, and the same goes the back rower. I feel Herbie is a fine defender, if his edge mates are doing their job. And then there is the issue of coaching something as basic as edge defence. Throwing a jersey isn't quite enough of itself.

Don’t get me wrong, a good fullback would be ideal but they are far rarer and more expensive than a centre. I’d actually consider moving Herbie to fullback.

I also think dropping Coates after this week should be highly considered. He dropped the kick off, and was part of an edge that let a try in during the first set of 6, then let 6 other tries in through out the game. Sivo is difficult to contain for anyone but Coates really did not do enough.

I think Mead could take his spot for a week or 2 if our centre options allow for it.

how many coaches do we chew up and spit out before the focus draws squarely on the playing group...

I mean, WHY exactly are we fighting tooth and nail to secure these guys?

So no-one else can have them?

To perputrate a myth that once said we dont lose players we want to keep?

To appease supporters and sponsers?

Dont really matter today, exactly how and why we got here, but yet here we are...

The majority of these guys arent Broncos players...so dont re-sign them....

The optics of securing proven talent and then becoming half way competent on the footy field is the right kind of optics for mine...

My other major issue with the side is that Dearden and Croft don't play together, they have no combination. We seem to have 2 separate sides - left and not left, without any linkages, which puts their basic lack of creativity into sharper focus, and of course, their average or worse kicking game.

I can't see us going anywhere with a halves pairing of Croft and Dearden.

My other major issue with the side is that Dearden and Croft don't play together, they have no combination. We seem to have 2 separate sides - left and not left, without any linkages, which puts their basic lack of creativity into sharper focus, and of course, their average or worse kicking game.

I can't see us going anywhere with a halves pairing of Croft and Dearden.
I want Reynolds and Milf (ducks for cover) for 22.

Arey 8-900k and Milf on $450k-ish for two years.

As much as I hate to admit it I think it will still be a few years before Kevvy or who ever can turn this club around. Boyd and Bird are gone with Milford to follow so that frees up a bit of salary cap for next year. The next area that needs to be put under the microscope is the recruitment and retention committee. They have failed dismally and should be shown the door. I can't see any run on halves wanting to come to our club next year so we should be looking at spine players blocked by the best players in the comp. For example the Roosters back up fullback blocked by Tedesco, any Penrith halves blocked by Cleary and Luai etc. That or start promoting experienced players from the Q cup because at the moment for example Isaako is trying hard but must make at least 2 mistakes himself game after game. Most good teams make unforced errors maybe 2-3 times a game where as we have single players that do this themselves each game. Flegler is another one that comes to mind. Ordinary hands and has a stupid penalty in him just waiting to come out.

The whole problem for mine goes back to losing Bennett the way we did. If he was with us in '19, I bet things would have been a whole lot different, especially with Milford and Boyd, if not the entire roster.

Seibold wasn't the real problem. He was the wrong coach at the wrong time for the wrong roster. The club was and remains the big problem.Now, I am wondering if Walters is also facing such a hard time with the roster he inherited.

Our mob (sic) needed, and needs, a coach with the experience and skills of someone like Bennett. Again, I am wondering if Kevvie is the right choice. I mean throwing the jersey down, yelling about passion and effort is fine, but I'm equally interested in the coaching of basic footie fundamentals. I am becoming pessimistic for this season, with this roster under Walters.
Well, I did suggest an interim coach and Shane Flanagan going forward. We could have had a coach keep the seat warm and have Flanagan 'advise' him through 21. Just a thought.

I don't know if throwing your jersey down demanding the players respect it or get out, while Kevvie is in the media saying, "we're not losing him, we're not losing this bloke," etc. What he should be saying is, "If Dearden shows us he is the player to lead us into the future we will re-sign him, if not we'll find someone who will."

Does Kevvie really think these guys that are holding out for their payday will respond to the 'Jersey' call?

Well, I did suggest an interim coach and Shane Flanagan going forward. We could have had a coach keep the seat warm and have Flanagan 'advise' him through 21. Just a thought.
I can’t stand the guy but having him come in as an assistant would be handy. I’m sick of hearing him commentate during bronco games bagging all the painfully obvious short comings or a our teams game plans.

RM Tries Tackles Runs PCM
8M. Lodge880291328
9J. Turpin2402326
10P. Haas1710321580
17J. Riki32032612
12T. Pangai584311122
13P. Carrigan72034831
15T. Flegler2502048
16E. Bullemor1701329
18R. Kennedy3109414
Amazing. Most seem convinced it was a decent performance from the forwards and yet aside from Haas the forwards weren't great.

KW was right concerning handling but I am going to write last night off. Never again should a game be played in Darwin unless it's absolutely the dead of winter. Gutted like most are because I'd had my hopes raised but I'm staying solidly behind KW and the team. I'm disappointed with the bench use but aside from that management aspect I think we'll still turn a corner soon.

Amazing. Most seem convinced it was a decent performance from the forwards and yet aside from Haas the forwards weren't great.

KW was right concerning handling but I am going to write last night off. Never again should a game be played in Darwin unless it's absolutely the dead of winter. Gutted like most are because I'd had my hopes raised but I'm staying solidly behind KW and the team. I'm disappointed with the bench use but aside from that management aspect I think we'll still turn a corner soon.
You are a stronger bloke than me.
That loss last night stole the last bit of hope i had for this group.

Never again should a game be played in Darwin unless it's absolutely the dead of winter.

^^THIS^^

...and for the love of god get rid of this six again bullshit....or at least enforce it with common sense.

I don't know who the ref was last night but mate, it's fucken 75% humidity....30 fucken degrees......don't you reckon allowing players more than a milisecond to get off the tackle in those circumstances makes sense?

I must be a genius if I can see that but paid professionals can't.

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • ivanhungryjak
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • BruiserMk1
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • eggstar10
  • johnny plath
  • heartly87
  • simplythebest
  • Tim K
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.