Round 7 - Eels vs Broncos

That right edge is horrendous. Croft and forwards only slid a little or too slowly, Herbie stays planted and then Coates sprints in. Every single time the overlap occurs not because the other team is playing tricks but we make the overlap for them! Crazy stuff that they couldnt even figure it out for themselves on the run.
The first try was a 5 on 2 overlap. It’s beyond belief.

Buzz has had way too many wines.
I honestly don't know that he's wrong. Seibold's team had Fifita. Maybe Boyd and Milford might've cancelled that out.

The fact Kevvie said nothing about the phantom six agains (which mysteriously disappeared once Eels got a good lead), or the Moses no sin bin(we were .5 of a second too slow and - six again. Moses holds on for four seconds- crickets), or the Mead knock on for standing under a bomb, or the numerous shepherds the ref let go and don’t mention we had to use a captain’s challenge to prove we never knocked on, or the bunker over ruling the refs ‘no try’ when he ruled the ball never travelled forward, or the fact the bunker actually said Sivo ‘does not promote the ball’ so play on and they score next set. Yet it was bleeding obvious he did otherwise he would have just said play on. The fact he said nothing about this litany of 50/50 calls going against us was the first step in turning me off of Kevvies coaching capabilities.

Any coach worth his salt roasts his team in private for that display, but he publicly roasts the ineptitude of the officials to the extent where 10k is threatened. To roll over and let that heap of shit be dumped on us without a single word is unforgivable and it needs to change otherwise it will continue and leave supporters totally frustrated and disillusioned with the club.

Get on the front foot ffs and start sticking up for our boys in public Kevvie.
A-fucking men. Being the nice guys and not saying anything isn't working. Put some heat on the pricks Kev FFS.

I honestly don't know that he's wrong. Seibold's team had Fifita. Maybe Boyd and Milford might've cancelled that out.

I prefer Boyd (cough cough) to Isaako, and not by small margin. In fact with Darius at the back but only under Kevvie, I reckon we would be so much better off both in attack and defence. Under Kevvie.

Isaako is just not the FB this side needs. In fact, for mine, Isaako is simply not a FB. Major worry. He seems more into himself than the team, especially with those stupid goose steps and fancy footwork which just make him an easy target. They might work one on one but not bringing it back.

As well, Darius was very effective coming up into the line, unlike Isaako. And we let Walsh go?

Nothing is ever going to change with the refereeing if we don’t call it out. Our newspaper that apparently sweeps everything under the rug should be running with the poor decisions on the front page every week.

I prefer Boyd (cough cough) to Isaako, and not by small margin. In fact with Darius at the back but only under Kevvie, I reckon we would be so much better off both in attack and defence. Under Kevvie.

Isaako is just not the FB this side needs. In fact, for mine, Isaako is simply not a FB. Major worry. He seems more into himself than the team, especially with those stupid goose steps and fancy footwork which just make him an easy target. They might work one on one but not bringing it back.

As well, Darius was very effective coming up into the line, unlike Isaako. And we let Walsh go?
Kevvie would've booted that lazy tackle-shirking prick Boyd back to the ISC before the second trial. He'd be the first player to ever captain a first grade team from reserve grade.

Kevvie would've booted that lazy tackle-shirking prick back to the ISC before the second trial.

Boyd was that under Seibold. I reckon under Kevvie, Darius would have been a totally different proposition.

Probably our worst performance of the year from my view.

Coming off last weeks game we should have been brimming with confidence and had so much to pay for to prove it wasn't a once off performance. They absolutely let themsleves down tonight.

Incomplete sets, turning the ball over in our own half, poor discipline, inability to stop offloads and no real bite in attack. Appart from Hass and TPJ in attack and a few good tackles from Riki we don't take any positives out of tonight.

Moving forward the worrying part is we've already simplified our game as much as possible and even that we can't get right. These guys just need their asses kicked week in week out at training and made to do things until they're done to perfection. There's no easy way out of this, there's no saviour coming back from injury there's no star recruit coming into the squad.

I'm really really deflated right now. If nothing else we're getting a good indication of who to keep and who to let walk i.e Dearden.
They admitted quite awhile ago that we are in rebuilding phase but now appears we are like a building being renovated - pulled apart - waiting for the builder and his materials to turn up. problem is they don’t know who he is or when he’s coming. or so it seems.

Yesterday I coached an under 11’s schoolboys team to a 22-4 win. It was 4-4 at half time and they were getting by on their talent. I gave them a game plan and they followed it perfectly and dominated the 2nd half. 11 year olds can follow a game plan, hold onto the ball, count to 6 and play smart, why can’t these professionals?
What was your game plan?

Make your metres, get to your kick.....and tackle, tackle , tackle (?)

Do this well enough...for long enough and your points will come.

It really aint that fucken hard.......

I'm f#####g heartbroken ... 1988, this fine club was founded and I was there watching them train before a ball had been thrown in anger ... watched the very first outings against Canberra and the New Zealand President's XIII ... watched them thump Manly in their first NSWRL outing and have followed them ceaselessly for the intervening 33 years. But never have I ever felt such gut-wrenching disappointment as I did last night .. I honestly felt, after the Panthers game, we'd turned the corner, they had their mojo back. But no .. last night was a disgrace, a "f##k you" to every player who ever wore that jersey, one of whom is now the coach and it's a looming tragedy that Kevin Walters may be remembered for failing as a coach rather than his superhuman efforts as a 5/8. I'm almost done with the whole shit-show, the endless, empty-headed post-match comments "we didn't show up tonight", "we've got to take a hard look at ourselves", "thanks to the members and fans for sticking by us" ... empty words, this is one member who won't be signing up again because this is one member who is very .. very nearly done!! with all of the self-serving stupidity and nonsense that's destroyed a once-great outfit.
Sorry about the rant guys, I don't post much but if I can't vent here where can I vent?

Benji and Oppa both would’ve come for 200k or under and instead we signed Copley and Teo
Oppa....as in Joe Ofahengaue? Pffft....pass.

Now Benji is a different story....ripping it up for the bunnies last night......and was getting back to his old form for the Tigers last year.

Yep....he would have stayed with us or come back for **** all money. We are despearate for experience and talent in the spine. Marshall would give us both.....instead we're now pining our hopes on a guy who's been out of the game for years and who currently is showing in the reggies.......nothing ........of the player he used to be.

There's lots of reason why we are so so shit....recruitment/retention officers for the last 5 years would be the first ***** I'd get rid of. Fucken useless.

David Fifita killing it with the Titans.....we let him go and instead we keep Alex Glenn, who can't even get through a pre-game warm up without breaking down.

Fifita, Haas and TPJ in your pack.......and a half and dummy half who even just had half a clue......and you're almost unbeatable.

Something is very very wrong up the food chain at Brisbane.

What makes it worse I’ve got plenty of mates who follow parramatta. Didn’t need their dribble last night

One of the John’s said about our team (and like all things league media, it was stolen from somewhere else)that it’s like a Ferrari engine without a steering wheel. It was a comment on how we have a big athletic forward pack but no direction from the spine.

Obviously the first step is to prioritise finding a steering wheel asap but in the mean time, what do you do if you have a Ferrari with no steering wheel? You drive straight! It’s not rocket science, we did it against the panthers and almost bored them into a win. When we played direct last night we were pumping the eels forward pack and making huge metres - and this time, instead of panicking in their 20m zone like we did against the panthers, what did we do? Kept going straight. Crash ball after crash ball from TPJ and Haas until one of them broke through. It’s boring as all **** but it plays to our strengths and it has proven to work for us.

Last night we went away from that and started to going wide or had the forwards ball playing, which lead to us dropping the ball and going away from our strengths.

Ive seen enough and heard enough to suggest that this is what Kev is asking them to do (post game presser last week his biggest criticism is that we didn’t use Haas and TPJ close to the line, this week they did for a while. At half time against the panthers he apparently said “don’t let bored stop you from doing what is working”). I actually think based on this that Kev gets it, it’s the idiots on the field that are too dumb to follow the plan. Haas and TPJ get it, no one else seems too.

Al they need to do is run straight. Everyone. Kick returns run hard and straight, Oates, Coates, Farnworth, theyre big fast humans. Lodge run straight and don’t pass, Haas straight, Turpin sees a marker out of position? Run straight. Croft gets the ball? Run it. Get to the kick and and kick to a corner, defend and repeat. Get in their 20m? You better believe that’s a time to run straight.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • broncotville
  • NSW stables
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Mustafur
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • TimWhatley
  • Fozz
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.