Round 7 - Tigers vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Thought Glenn, Wallace and Yow Yeh were our best. Hannant is getting better with a few runs under his belt.

Macca needs to learn when to chance his arm.

loved it, great job.

where was carlaw after 15 minutes?

I loved the appreciation of the fans at the game, was a very nice touch.

Thoughts on Wallace being put in report.

I think he will be fine in slow motion it looks worse.

McCullough needs to play 80min, waste with Hunt on the bench

Bit of a nothing game, dunno how I feel other than its a win, looks like we're no where near what we're capable of in attack yet.

Man I get nervous when we have that anorexic ref on our games though.

ALH said:
Thoughts on Wallace being put in report.

I thought there was nothing in it, in fact, I thought the touchie was coming in to report the arm at the throat of reed.

When the touch judge called stop at first i thought it was due to the hand to Reeds throat.

Absolutely nothing, won't even go to the judiciary.

is it just me or is jack reed starting to come into his own in attack? he could be the real shining light come the back end of the season.

carlaw & dodds can go back to qld cup.

Dodds does a lot of good work in the middle. I think he's really improved his ball carrying this year as well.

Great win. Set up by our first half obviously, and when the Tigers get momentum they can really roll on with it so was very happy that we kept them to 2 tries in the second half.

Geez Lockyer is a legend. Deserved MOTM I reckon.

Wallace also very good, especially his kicking game. Pretty much pinpoint all night.

I called Alex Glenn a future captain last year and got laughed at (Meat77) but I stand by my call. He has real leadership qualities about him to my eye.

Our outside backs + fullback were all brilliant. Hodges was 2006-esq, Copley keeps improving, Beale certainly is making a claim for the fullback spot (still think Hoffman walks back in at this stage though), Yow Yeh is the best winger at the club despite what Rocky thinks, Reed is a very good centre despite what Rocky thinks.

Macca though, as has been mentioned, woeful. I wouldn't drop him, but Macca, champ, when you've got Darren Lockyer calling for the ball, you freakin give it to him. And you give it to him quickly instead of this half dummy shit. I think Macca is just trying to do too much at the moment.

But overall a good win, onwards and upwards from here!

broncospwn said:
SIX IN A ROW! SIX IN A ROW! SIX IN A ROW!!

WOOOOHOOOOOO

I never though we would be 6-1 to start the year, very happy :D
Bring on the doggies!

For those who missed it...
SIX IN A ROW! SIX IN A ROW! SIX IN A ROW!!

Bloody oath we won stop ya bitching

Not sure who actually got MoM but I thought Thaiday was relentless in attack and defence. Even my mates at the game thought Thaiday was great. We had a live point of view and were beer fueled but ny friends don't give me broncos positives too often...

Lockyer has got his kicking boots back on thats for sure, i love watching him put up bombs; i bet fullbacks and wingers don't though!

Outside of that early second half period where they came at us with a couple of soft tries, we were massively superior. Beautifully controlled game, easily Wallaces' best game this year and better than any he played last year.

Thaiday was solid but MOTM? I actually thought Locky deserved this one - I tend to think CH 9 don't want to give it to him because they don't want to be viewed as 'biased'... funny they didn't do that with Joey? /jokes

In all seriousness, sloppy-ish game with some soft tries IMO. We were on top and they should have been 6 not 18 IMO. 2 VERY soft tries, and no matter how soft, every try is worth 4 pts.... so I'd be a little disappointed in that. Apart from that... as they say.... "glad to get the 2 pts sir!" [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Did anyone else think the game was slow. It just didn't seem to have the tempo of past matches. Maybe it was the defensive structure or the ground was heavy under foot i dunno :) but it just seemed to be stuck in 3rd gear....

Jeba said:
Geez Lockyer is a legend. Deserved MOTM I reckon.

agreed icon_thumbs_u
Although Thaiday had a good game he wasnt the shining light..

great win Broncos! Tigers looked to have that 2nd breath in them for a comeback but nope, Lockyer sealed the deal..impressed with the way the younger guys are going, didnt think too much about Copley before but he played a solid game, so did Reed..

Scoreline flattered the Tigers. The referees let them back in the game against the run of play.

Yow Yeh is epic. One of the real future superstars. I reckon Locky and Parker were our best by far.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.