Round 8 - Broncos vs Bulldogs - Post Match Discussion

Hunt played well I thought. Obviously most of the team is going well, I have been a McCullough fan before but since the start of the season in an interview he talked about taking his game to a new level and how he would take pressure off Lockyer and Wallace I was thinking great he is going to really start to be the hooker we need. But this yr he has been average at best! Last night and last week he has been ordinary. I cringe when I see him run out of dummy half as he has no attacking flair or vision. Hoping he can turn it around and show the form he had towards the end of last yr or he will be yet another Bronco that has massive wraps on him that ends up on the same level as Joel Moon and Brett Seymour etc

kluppy said:
Big Pete said:
kluppy said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":2a1xqbzz]Dodds looks to be dwveloping nicely. His hit ups are great and degense is awesome

except it was his defensive mistake that let barba in.

No it wasn't.

Macca came up with an arm grab for the first try.

Kenny was bumped off which gave Barba a clear path for the second.

the tackle was all but complete and dodds rushed in which left the line open, catch a replay if you can, you'll see.[/quote:2a1xqbzz]

Which one?

The second try?

Again, if Kenny doesn't get bumped off, hell if Kenny doesn't drop the ball Dodds wouldn't have to be called onto cover.

joshobro said:
Hunt played well I thought. Obviously most of the team is going well, I have been a McCullough fan before but since the start of the season in an interview he talked about taking his game to a new level and how he would take pressure off Lockyer and Wallace I was thinking great he is going to really start to be the hooker we need. But this yr he has been average at best! Last night and last week he has been ordinary. I cringe when I see him run out of dummy half as he has no attacking flair or vision. Hoping he can turn it around and show the form he had towards the end of last yr or he will be yet another Bronco that has massive wraps on him that ends up on the same level as Joel Moon and Brett Seymour etc

Problem is everything he does is far too slow. Good hookers make lightning fast decisions. First thing he needs to do is go with his instant instinct, if it turns out wrong so be it, but hurry the f up, make it and act on it.

the ~5 times a game we look dangerous out of dummy half this season have been when locky darts in and picks it up on the fly.

mccullough has been atrocious this season.

I really hope McCullough gets dropped, seriously a waste of jersey.

Locky's not even a dummy half and you can instantly see how much better the team looks the instant he starts running from dummy half. I don't think Hunt is great but I've never really rated Macca and he's just getting worse instead of better. At this point in time I would rather Hunt for 80 minutes than Macca, or Wallace to hooker with Hunt to halfback. Hunt will probably be our halfback next year with Wallace going to 6 anyway so no harm in starting now.

We lose nothing with Wallace at hooker but gain a lot and he's played there before.
End of the day we are going good so I'm not going to complain much if he keeps his spot but it's a weakness we have to address, drop his arse to reserves and see if that might get him into some form.

Finally saw the replay of the game today! Can't believe I missed the first half because it was exciting.

The usual suspects played awesome, but I gotta give credit to Dodds. He made some great hit ups and him coming off the bench against a very tired Bulldogs side was well played.

Beyond the off the cuff genius of Barba the dogs never really threatened us and I don't see them being a serious contender playing the way they are, you can't rely on a flashy guy like that to carry you every week.

On the hooker issue, we are 7-1 for f#cks sake! Obviously these perceived hooker issues aren't that bad because our forwards are rolling along nicely and our halves are getting decent ball. The biggest issue right now is the lack of depth in attack which has nothing to do with our hookers.

The Brizz said:
On the hooker issue, we are 7-1 for f#cks sake! Obviously these perceived hooker issues aren't that bad because our forwards are rolling along nicely and our halves are getting decent ball. The biggest issue right now is the lack of depth in attack which has nothing to do with our hookers.

Put Smith, Balin, Ennis (erk), Farah, de Gois in our team +12 to our scores ... at least.

It's Lockyer and Wallace who give the forwards good ball. As far as I am concerned, Macca & Hunt are largely passengers. When the business end of the season arrives, when we will need real creativity around the rucks, it will be a different story. Mark my words.

As for the depth issue, spot on.

We lose Lockyer to injury .... the thought is too horrible to contemplate.

If macca is not going to step up we really need to gibe baptiste a run and even look at buying a hooker

Bucking Beads said:
If macca is not going to step up we really need to gibe baptiste a run and even look at buying a hooker

Macca can't step up. He just hasn't got it.

We should be giving Baptiste a run now.

Apart from which, benches win matches. With Hunt on it just in case Macca screws up, that's one of Griffin's few flaws.

dandan said:
Lol havent we won 7 in a row with him in the side...

Yes we have, in spite of him being the side. When the competition gets hot later in the year, the pressure on Lockyer and Wallace will be immense as we play teams with 3 playmakers while we have 2, plus a wasted bench spot with a half back instead of a forward utility.

We also won a premiership with Perry....point?

Macca worries me like many of you. I had high hopes for him based on early form, but he was pretty average last year and i think he's getting worse instead of better

Hunt though, well i thought he went OK

Active Now

• dasherhalo
  • marw
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.