Round 8 - Broncos vs Titans

This impressed me the most - he was pushing/pulling EVERYONE around, all night. At one point he took Milf with him and swapped sides of the play-the-ball twice in two consecutive tackles to keep the Tits guessing. Another time he was in behind one of our boys getting tackled, told Turps to get it to Lodge next, then tapped Lodge on the shoulder as he jogged past to the outside, and let his outside men know it was a forward hitup coming next play. Those are the two situations that stuck in my mind from the game, but he was literally doing it all night. Great to see, and EXACTLY the type of on-field leader we've been lacking. I really hope he can back it up and keep it going.
Jesus, why hasn’t this dude had a proper shot yet? I mean just doing that is so important. Look at Cronk in his first appearance for roosters in the gf, his his shoulder was busted everyone knew it and his whole role was to just tell everyone where to be at all times.

I have no inside info but think he's simply struggling to keep up in NRL at the moment, I love the bloke but he bombed two opportunities and really wasn't great on either side of the ball on Friday. He really needs a breather in ISC IMO. Think some of his mates were sitting behind us, they lifted the roof every time he got near the ball :rofl
I'm a fan of Riki but I dunno, I've just watched a replay & several times Jordan looked well of the pace.
Is he injured/sick?
It looked to me that he had his head & heart in the game, his body though seemed to be letting him down....?
He's looking pretty trim.

Jordanriki   COMcBF4ABYN

This impressed me the most - he was pushing/pulling EVERYONE around, all night. At one point he took Milf with him and swapped sides of the play-the-ball twice in two consecutive tackles to keep the Tits guessing. Another time he was in behind one of our boys getting tackled, told Turps to get it to Lodge next, then tapped Lodge on the shoulder as he jogged past to the outside, and let his outside men know it was a forward hitup coming next play. Those are the two situations that stuck in my mind from the game, but he was literally doing it all night. Great to see, and EXACTLY the type of on-field leader we've been lacking. I really hope he can back it up and keep it going.
Hard not to like a sense of direction and any team in any field of endeavour benefits from it. If his team mates don't get sick of him he could find himself with even more responsibility, a higher office. Best way he keeps them following instructions is to hold himself to the same standards he's demanding. The very act of barking instructions carries the implication that he knows the answers and if the team can see they're better they'll believe.

When you're being led it gets easier, there's less clutter and the game seems simpler, so much less to think about. You get your directions and away you go. No one can blame you if things go wrong, you're just 'doing your job'. It's a nice feeling and players respond to it. Winning at rugby league makes them want to keep to keep doing it. A winning team takes pride in 'just doing my job' and most feel like they want to do that job well.

Clear onfield instructions are pivotal.

Who here is Bronco Bill_1 on the Titans forum? Hilarious stuff, really got them angry.

Originally Posted by Bronco Bill_1 View Post
What a game. Even with the refs helping you out all night and V'Landy's giving you special treatment we still came from 22 behind and won. It was wonderful, it was without a doubt the greatest game in our beautiful club's history I've seen in my lifetime. It's an early birthday present for me but I'll gladly accept. We've had to put up with so much BS and adversity the last two years. It's not easy going up against the refs, NRL and the media yet we still prevailed and will continue to do so. That display you just witnessed was good old Bronco spirit/passion, something your plastic club will never comprehend.

No matter how much the media tried to hype your team up we all knew the sort of arrogant deluded pretenders that you were. LOL Tino and Fifita were touted as superstar saviors of your club. Where were they tonight? Did they play? Cause I sure as **** didn't notice them. LMAO you fans never learn.

Thanks for taking Cash Taylor off us. You should re-sign him for another 5 year 1 mil a season deal. It won't be long until he takes another paid leave. Perks of being a franchise half at your club. And how good is Holdbrook going. Holdbrook more like Handbrake because you're not going anywhere forward with this coach. To think you turned your nose up on Kevie for this pommie coach. Kevie pulled apart your defense. If you signed Kevie as coach none of this karma would be happening. Hindsight is a *****. You need to fill more of your club with Ex Bronco greats if you ever want your club to be taken seriously. You need to borrow as much pride and passion from us if you ever want to be relevant.

Watch us sign Adam Reynolds and return to power. Mark my words, now we've passed through the unfair run of our draw we'll finish above you this year and you will return to your rightful place as the bottom feeders of the competition where you belong.

EAD you wankers you get what you deserve.

When you single out Fifita for a fresh glass of hardway juice:

They were doing it all night. Loved how personal TPJ made it. I actually think he has a far more well rounded game than David and I wasn’t surprised that it showed in this game.

Also great coaching from Kev to direct all the traffic at David to blunt his attack. I mentioned this in the other thread but each game lately has a distinct game plan based on the week’s opponent. Promising signs that Kev may just make a pretty decent coach.

Who here is Bronco Bill_1 on the Titans forum? Hilarious stuff, really got them angry.

What a game. Even with the refs helping you out all night and V'Landy's giving you special treatment we still came from 22 behind and won. It was wonderful, it was without a doubt the greatest game in our beautiful club's history I've seen in my lifetime. It's an early birthday present for me but I'll gladly accept. We've had to put up with so much BS and adversity the last two years. It's not easy going up against the refs, NRL and the media yet we still prevailed and will continue to do so. That display you just witnessed was good old Bronco spirit/passion, something your plastic club will never comprehend.

No matter how much the media tried to hype your team up we all knew the sort of arrogant deluded pretenders that you were. LOL Tino and Fifita were touted as superstar saviors of your club. Where were they tonight? Did they play? Cause I sure as **** didn't notice them. LMAO you fans never learn.

Thanks for taking Cash Taylor off us. You should re-sign him for another 5 year 1 mil a season deal. It won't be long until he takes another paid leave. Perks of being a franchise half at your club. And how good is Holdbrook going. Holdbrook more like Handbrake because you're not going anywhere forward with this coach. To think you turned your nose up on Kevie for this pommie coach. Kevie pulled apart your defense. If you signed Kevie as coach none of this karma would be happening. Hindsight is a *****. You need to fill more of your club with Ex Bronco greats if you ever want your club to be taken seriously. You need to borrow as much pride and passion from us if you ever want to be relevant.

Watch us sign Adam Reynolds and return to power. Mark my words, now we've passed through the unfair run of our draw we'll finish above you this year and you will return to your rightful place as the bottom feeders of the competition where you belong.

I’m Bronco billy and so is my wife.

Everyone out side of him also knew exactly where he wanted them. Dearden and Croft had everyone running around like headless chooks.
@Wolfie made a good point comparing his debut to Jake Turpin's second coming, where it wasn't so much that Turpin was good, he just had what we've been lacking. And in both cases, what they brought was boundless energy and a step forward in direction. Turpin showed us why Macca was holding the team back. Gamble showed us what Dearden lacked. I wasn't surprised in Turpin's case, I'd been calling for Macca's head for years. But as a Dearden fan, I was humbled to see how wrong I was.

So that's where we are now. But like Turpin, we can't expect Gamble to keep delivering at that high energy level week after week to keep his place.

They were doing it all night. Loved how personal TPJ made it. I actually think he has a far more well rounded game than David and I wasn’t surprised that it showed in this game.

Also great coaching from Kev to direct all the traffic at David to blunt his attack. I mentioned this in the other thread but each game lately has a distinct game plan based on the week’s opponent. Promising signs that Kev may just make a pretty decent coach.
The press got stuck into Fifita after the game mocking him for being nullified. But the fucker had two sensational tries disallowed that could've gone either way, and possibly won them the game. He was still a handful.

@Wolfie made a good point comparing his debut to Jake Turpin's second coming, where it wasn't so much that Turpin was good, he just had what we've been lacking. And in both cases, what they brought was boundless energy and step forward in direction. Turpin showed us why Macca was holding the team back. Gamble showed us what Dearden lacked. I wasn't surprised in Turpin's case, I'd been calling for Macca's head for years. But as a Dearden fan, I was humbled to see how wrong I was.

So that's where we are now. But like Turpin, we can't expect Gamble to keep delivering at that high energy level week after week to keep his place.
Maybe the ten bob sparky will ignite the $million dollar bludger. Stranger things have happened.

@Wolfie made a good point comparing his debut to Jake Turpin's second coming, where it wasn't so much that Turpin was good, he just had what we've been lacking. And in both cases, what they brought was boundless energy and a step forward in direction. Turpin showed us why Macca was holding the team back. Gamble showed us what Dearden lacked. I wasn't surprised in Turpin's case, I'd been calling for Macca's head for years. But as a Dearden fan, I was humbled to see how wrong I was.

Good post, however I think he is slightly different in the sense where Turpin can’t maintain his effort levels for 80mins which mask his deficiencies. I suspect gamble probably doesn’t shut up for 80 which is what we need, not an athletic freak “which he isn’t” just someone to steer the ship with constant talk and it looks to come naturally to him.

Hahahahahahaha

that’s Fkn Gold right there

The press got stuck into Fifita after the game mocking him for being nullified. But the fucker had two sensational tries disallowed that could've gone either way, and possibly won them the game. He was still a handful.

Yeah but those tries were all ass and didn’t work out because they depended on luck. His running game was nothing like it has been.

As much as I love TPJ’s game, he did something really dumb in the first few minutes that led to points. Fifita was being held upright and he ran from the middle of the field to put an unnecessary hit on him. The next play the Titans ran straight through the gap he would have been defending in and scored. It’s the little things like that, that make it really hard for this team to win games.

Agree with previous comments that it took Fifita out of the game, he was scared the rest of the game.

Also, I was really impressed with our boys actually adapting on the run, they actually changed their structures and for the most part, implemented structures and shut the Titans down after 15 minutes of carnage. It was exciting to see and again, I think came off the back of that amazing first try based on trust and working as a team, it fed through into their defense.

Here's the Lodge incident on Fifita. What a pissweak charge:

you need to be careful touching the NRL's golden boy ... especially if you happen to wear a maroon/gold jersey

You're suggesting a spiral bomb drop kick? That sounds like a recipe for going sideways out on the full, or maybe even missing the ball with your foot altogether.
Its something I've worked on personally, it's something very difficult to control, whilst it looks very cool and is hard to catch it's not worth the risk at all

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • DrGee
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Hurrijo
  • Financeguy
  • Kenny powers
  • Scdeac
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Nightwatchman
  • thenry
  • LGH
  • bert_lifts
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
  • Stix
  • Howie
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.