Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

As I said in another thread I thought Haas had a good opening debut, wasn't flashy but went looking for work both in attack and defence, I like that, sometimes rookies go out on debut trying to be flashy, I prefer that they look to do the little things right and he did, well done.

Oh and Sam Thaiday
Good contribution at the end mate

At the end is usually where Thaiday gives away a penalty or lets someone run straight past him. So, he should be the Players' Player based on that alone.

Thought overall we were the better team. definitely the better team in the second half.

what i find disgusting is the refs performance. no matter what they just have to keep the team chasing points within distance for a grand stand finish.

it really is getting ridiculous to watch. its not just this game its every fucking game when a team is 12 or less behind with 10 minutes to go they just get the most soft penalties. penalties that could of been blown 50 times previous.

its the nrl not the fucking WWE and im just so over it and i think most fans are feeling the same.

any way rant over.

We Won!

Payne Haas is a beast ... now we just need to build his match fitness for this level ... teach him to pace himself a better. but that was a great debut.

9 runs for 78m and 16 tackles.

i'd limit his game time for the moment. start him off with 2 x 10m stints. (one in each half). then build from there.

p.s. Bennett better get on the phone to his manager tonight. do whatever he has to, to keep him here

Great comeback. It’s great to see some pride in the jersey.

My biggest concern is without a 7 and 9 we are going to struggle to win games.

I’m happy for bird to stay in the halves of Kodi plays 9 but soon as Macca is back Kodi needs to go to 7!

Changing the halves mid game is just going to be disruptive.

Give Bird a few games to gel with Milford. He was never going to be an instant success after playing in the centres for 2 years.

TPJ has to be our new lock, he was immense tonight and a big part of our comeback in the second half.

Haas had a pretty solid debut.

A very good second half, but we just can't seem to finish off a side.

I think he will the best 13 in the comp in short time. His hands...

I didn't catch the first 20 minutes of the game, Did Matt Lodge play

We should also note that we just won with Lodge essentially not playing, he made a few hit-ups but obviously re-aggravated his ribs, so was resorting to passing at the line to avoid contact, he never came back for a second stint. I think he'll be out a few weeks.

Once we cut out the errors and held onto the ball we were good. Our worst enemies at times, one good play was followed by two **** ups and topped up by a crap penalty.

Some bullshit calls went for the Rabbits, that last try was miles forward.

Yeah that was clearly a forward pass, I still shake my head at how that Hunt try where he was behind Milford and Milford passed backwards got disallowed a few years back and then how that can go forward and not get called back.

**** I fucking hate it when the opposition are allowed to concede tries against us with blatantly forward, almost off-side, short passes. Thurston made it an art passing to Tamou and Cooper when they were already through the line. Surely the ref can see that they're forward passes simply from the virtue that the runner is already through the line when they receive the ball?

That's my gripe. As well as the Nikorima no try.

That fucking leg pull by Isaako almost cost us the game. Why?!?!?!? We had them pinned!

Oates was awesome except for those couple of drops. TPJ went really well at lock. Sims was a machine, even Thaiday played his role very well.

Excellent debut from Haas. Didn't try to overplay his hand, just got stuck in, ran hard but with safe hands, and tackled like a brick wall. No errors, no penalties conceded, something like 9 runs and 16 tackles and racked them up quick too.

**** me, the amount of forward passes Cody Walker threw. Genuinely don't understand how the touchies don't see them.

Changing the halves mid game is just going to be disruptive.

Give Bird a few games to gel with Milford. He was never going to be an instant success after playing in the centres for 2 years.

My concern is with birds passing game or lack of. He is obviously a footballer but let’s be honest we don’t have a creative hooker so with bird playing 6 it just puts too much pressure on Milford! He needs some help!

Lodge didn't come back on after his first stint, guess his ribs didn't hold up.

TPJ, Haas, Sua, Joffa and Glenn really stood up tonight.

**** I fucking hate it when the opposition are allowed to concede tries against us with blatantly forward, almost off-side, short passes. Thurston made it an art passing to Tamou and Cooper when they were already through the line. Surely the ref can see that they're forward passes simply from the virtue that the runner is already through the line when they receive the ball?

That's my gripe. As well as the Nikorima no try.

That fucking leg pull by Isaako almost cost us the game. Why?!?!?!? We had them pinned!

Oates was awesome except for those couple of drops. TPJ went really well at lock. Sims was a machine, even Thaiday played his role very well.

Excellent debut from Haas. Didn't try to overplay his hand, just got stuck in, ran hard but with safe hands, and tackled like a brick wall. No errors, no penalties conceded, something like 9 runs and 16 tackles and racked them up quick too.
Great post but one small correction. Haas conceded one penalty

Lodge didn't come back on after his first stint, guess his ribs didn't hold up.

TPJ, Haas, Sua, Joffa and Glenn really stood up tonight.
I'm holding out hope it was a tactical decision to rest his injury.

**** me, the amount of forward passes Cody Walker threw. Genuinely don't understand how the touchies don't see them.

L5R16NL.gif

Active Now

• Ondi
  • Justwin
  • bazza
  • Thelmus
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • BooKhaki
  • ChewThePhatt
  • leon.bott
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncs1459
  • Manofoneway
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Brocko
  • Brotherdu
  • BruiserMk1
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.