Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Few Rabs players came off second best trying to tackle Haas.
Some guys despite their size are soft to tackle, some are like fucking concrete.
When this guy gets some fitness and starts running onto the ball harder he's going to fucking destroy people!

Like many have said, we have proven if we hold the ball we are a much, much better team.
The halves and attack will click if we can hold onto the ball, and have a decent share of possession.
Honestly but, TPJ & Haas..the future does look good there. As soon as Haas came on, he made instant impact.
Niko’s role is def the 9/utility, and was good in the 9 tonight. Bird gave the effort, just came up with a few errors but with confidence hopefully things will click.
Oates was our best IMO, big turn around from last week, and I really don’t want him to be another we loose..
I thought Su’A was very strong again tonight, he is fitting in nicely..
Boyd easily had his best game of the year. Looked much freeer and a nice little kick. Still needs to do some work defensively for mine.

All this with Gillo and Macca out and Lodge playing small minutes.
A few home games now, and hopefully we can get a roll on. These wins can be massive for team moral and confidence.

a game of two halves.

oates a one man band at times. TPJ also immense. Haas was involved in just about everything when he came on lol, need that enthusiasm in the squad.

sims did well too. he needs to play like that the rest of the year to get another contract imo.

If you can watch that and not see Milf kick him in the nuts that’s great.

Has nothing to do with what slater does
Haha I watched it and seen the ballet like kick that was reactive and defensive as a player was at his legs in mid air... he also just kicked a ball, that white oval shaped thing. I've seen worse "lashing out" in under 6's games. There's was no intent to hurt him, it was defensive and wouldn't have knocked the froth off of a coffee...

Why isn't slaters lash outs not relative to it? Do they not play in the same competition with the same rules?

But wouldn’t that imply they had any to begin with??

Souths players sook it up worse than most ladies.

The first try burgess played the ball to his right hand side and simply rolled before he stood up so I guess play the balls are being dropped again. Also the pass for his line break was a good metre forward. Sims strip with two in the tackle? Why was that not called. And Sutton's try a huge way forward but the commentators make nothing of it. If that had been us coming to get Souths there would have been hell to pay. Please let Sims play like that next week. I just need to see him do two in a row. Still to see Isakko in open field running too.
There was also the blatant shepherd from Cook with about 90 seconds to go

Haha I watched it and seen the ballet like kick that was reactive and defensive as a player was at his legs in mid air... he also just kicked a ball, that white oval shaped thing. I've seen worse "lashing out" in under 6's games. There's was no intent to hurt him, it was defensive and wouldn't have knocked the froth off of a coffee...

Why isn't slaters lash outs not relative to it? Do they not play in the same competition with the same rules?
nah it's definitely a "i'll just leave this leg out" motion - slater does the same.

a game of two halves.

oates a one man band at times. TPJ also immense. Haas was involved in just about everything when he came on lol, need that enthusiasm in the squad.

sims did well too. he needs to play like that the rest of the year to get another contract imo.
That’s the problem with players when their contacts nearly up and only play ‘well’ for a few select games.

Can you go to your boss and say you’ll put in 100% effort roughly 30-40% of the time and still get paid the same?? (Unless your a polly that is)

My favourite bit was when he did it off balance and whilst spinning in the other direction

Burgesst 180426 gt 44

Oates inspires Broncos to win over Rabbitohs

April 26, 2018

A bulked-up Brisbane has beaten the Rabbitohs with their own power game of yesteryear, with hulking winger/wannabe backrower Corey Oates leading the charge in a thrilling 24-20 win.

Oates instigated a second-half blitz of the Bunnies with a power-packed 57th minute try which turned the contest, smashing through four defenders en route to the line.

That charge from the 105kg, 192 cm flyer capped a brutal showing from Oates, whose three line breaks, eight tackle busts and 188 metres showed exactly why Wayne Bennett is reluctant to shift such a hard-to-handle customer from his left flank.

In-field the story came courtesy of even bigger bodies.

Eighteen-year-old, 118kg, 194 cm Payne Haas turned plenty of heads in an eye-catching 21-minute debut that coincided with Brisbane's best football, while Tevita Pangai Jr's 123 metres and 28 tackles took up the gauntlet thrown down by the Burgess twins.

The Broncos bruising second-half performance kept a late Souths fightback at bay, while the officials were saved their blushes as John Sutton crossed from a blatantly forward Cody Walker pass to set up a grandstand finish.

It all started with Adam Reynolds sending a scare through the Rabbitohs camp by going down early with an ankle issue.

But by the seventh minute he was back on his feet with their first points on a platter, thanks to an eye-watering fumble from Jack Bird in his in-goal.

Bird butchered a regulation defusal of a Reynolds grubber, only managing to bat it into the path of an obliging Cody Walker for an early 6-0 lead.

While the Burgess brothers bulldozed through the middle across the opening stages, Brisbane took the long way round with their first meaningful foray after 18 minutes.

It was worth the wait, with Anthony Milford running on the last and five more passes keeping Brisbane alive before Darius Boyd dived on a grubber to get them on the board and complete the 60-metre movement.

Immediately though the Rabbitohs hit back with rapid hands of their own sending Alex Johnston over, a Greg Inglis wrap-around play creating more than enough space for his fleet-footed protégé.

12-6 it stayed as the Broncos one raid to come off – a Korbin Sims offload sending Kodi Nikorima to the line – was denied by the bunker, Johnston somehow keeping the ball from hitting the turf.

Eight errors brought Brisbane unstuck in the first 40, but three repeat sets to start the second had them level by the 47th minute.

The sight of makeshift hooker Josh McGuire limping off with a sprained ankle didn't worry Nikorima, as he scurried between Reynolds and Walker from dummy-half.

A penalty goal in quick time put Souths up 14-12 but with Haas and Pangai Jr. throwing several sinks and their sizeable frames at anything in red and green, the tide eventually turned.

It was Oates who broke the Bunnies, collecting a Tom Opacic offload and charging 20-metres behind the ruck for the critical four-pointer.

At the 62nd minute Brisbane came knocking again, Oates, Haas and Nikorima drilling Richie Kennar back into his in-goal.

By the 63rd James Roberts was touching down on another Milford grubber for a 10-point margin.

Sutton's try trimmed that back with five minutes remaining, but the Broncos held on while Souths tried every last trick to the final whistle.

Source: NRL.com

That’s the problem with players when their contacts nearly up and only play ‘well’ for a few select games.

Can you go to your boss and say you’ll put in 100% effort roughly 30-40% of the time and still get paid the same?? (Unless your a polly that is)
i agree but if he keeps doing it he might just fool the boss. i'm happy to let him go but if you could guarantee that performance every week i'd be interested in him staying around. upto him i suppose.

How good was TPJ!!!! If that was an audition for lock forward, he LOCKED it down for me.

Oates was immense once again too. Other than one dropped bomb, he was close to our best player. Such a gun winger.

Milford keeps improving his game. Finally got a try assist too!

Alex Glenn...a lot of people want him gone, but all I see is a fighter, and still a damn solid one too. I still prefer him to Su'a.

Bird threw some nice passes, but I hope he starts to get involved more. Come more infield and the left side too.

I don't see what Isaako offers that Kahu doesn't. He doesn't even seem faster. I'd be dropping him for Kahu once he's back.

Nikorima might not be a long term option in the halves, but I still love the little guy. He's such a talented player. I'd be looking at him as a possible fullback in the long term.

Oh, and how much better did our attack look without McCullough's """"organising"""" when in the opposition 50? No more sets of 5 one out runs followed by a kick when you are 20 metres out.

Surprised no one’s talked much about Opacic. He played well defensively, took hit ups and passed the offload that saw Oates score.

He’s like Reed 3.0 (much improved version so I skipped the 2.0)

I don't see what Isaako offers that Kahu doesn't. He doesn't even seem faster. I'd be dropping him for Kahu once he's back.

Well for one thing he isn’t as fragile (not Kahu’s fault), and I don’t feel like it’s a lottery when he kicks. To me he’s our own little El Masi!

Well for one thing he isn’t as fragile (not Kahu’s fault), and I don’t feel like it’s a lottery when he kicks. To me he’s our own little El Masi!

Kahu's kicking isn't too bad either, when he doesn't have a groin injury. He's also a much better defender, and I haven't noticed a real difference in speed.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncoscope
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Horseheadsup
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • Manofoneway
  • kman
  • Broncs1459
  • Battler
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.