PRE-GAME Round 8 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I'm glad seibs has positioned himself to not cop all the blame if Dearden shits the bed.

He's the head coach, just own the decision ffs.

And if he doesn't do that you would be the first to say WTF, why doesn't he seek input from those around him?

Seriously, you would find any way to make up something negative to say

The problem is our first grade coach needs to seek assurances from other judges about the readiness of a player and has positioned himself in that if it doesn’t succeed he can say oh well these blokes all fucked up as well.

I’m hoping this doesn’t happen obviously but it just reeks of weakness.

Something reeks, but it isn't weakness from the coach

The media are really trying their best to make this game as spicy as they can.

That's my take on it as well. From where I'm standing Bennett, Seibold, and every player from both teams are looking at it as just another game.

Media: "It's the grudge match of the year"

Last edited:
I'm glad seibs has positioned himself to not cop all the blame if Dearden shits the bed.

He's the head coach, just own the decision ffs.

Nope, he has very clearly said that HE has picked him. Regardless he is the head coach and the responsibility stops with him. He consulted with his assistants and one of the greatest halves to have played the game who just so happens to be part of the club still. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Bax, Gibson, Massey, Furner and Monie.

"Someone would become a wonderful player because of what he could see. He could see that and you don't find a lot of those in the game, I can tell you."
It's part of the reason why Bennett hasn't made a major footballing decision over the past 30 without first consulting Massey. So too countless other league luminaries when in need of a sounding board or confidant.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wh...valuable-in-rugby-league-20160919-grjs7l.html

What a gutless idiot Bennett is, give all those premierships to Massey.

I've been looking for an excuse to post this clip on Ron Massey.

Ron Massey accepting the Dally M Coach of the Year award on Bennett's behalf and getting treated like an old coot mid-speech by some young mug.

It maybe my favourite acceptance speech since Brando's in 73.

Fun fact from David Middleton. Bennett has coached against the Broncos 13 times for three wins.

All these guys look absolutely distraught and beyond pissed that Kodi is leaving for a guaranteed 4 years of double the salary, mutinous bastards!!!!

They cant be happy for Tom and still be upset for Kodi?

Can someone please fill me in on this Sua to hooker business? Is he giving Macca a breather off the bench? This might have been explained already but I have not seen it.

Can someone please fill me in on this Sua to hooker business? Is he giving Macca a breather off the bench? This might have been explained already but I have not seen it.

All that's been said is that he was training there. Sources of him actually playing there have come Daniel D and the mole, so take with a grain of salt. Personally I think it's a strange idea, especially in a big game.

All that's been said is that he was training there. Sources of him actually playing there have come Daniel D and the mole, so take with a grain of salt. Personally I think it's a strange idea, especially in a big game.

Thanks mate. Seems strange to me aswell. From what I understand Sua is a very skillful foward, so maybe he is competent in that role.

Last edited:
Badel saying on FoxSports that we will be running a 4 forward bench .... Carrigan to replace Staggs.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Spoon
  • Bish
  • Jedhead
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • mieko
  • Lurker
  • Fatboy
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.