PRE-GAME Round 8 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

The problem is our first grade coach needs to seek assurances from other judges about the readiness of a player and has positioned himself in that if it doesn’t succeed he can say oh well these blokes all fucked up as well.

I’m hoping this doesn’t happen obviously but it just reeks of weakness.

Your on the bunnies tomorrow broncsgoat?

Thanks mate. Seems strange to me aswell. From what I understand Sua is a very skillful foward, so maybe he is competent in that role.

Yeah definitely could be but I thought staggs would be the obvious choice, plus sua wasn't even named on the bench. Which is also strange, because that would mean staggs makes way for him. Or this whole Roberts to rabbits is true and staggs takes his place.

I find it a bit sad that there are broncos fans on here that would be legitimately happy if souffs won. It'd somehow validate them, if you want souffs to win tomorrow night **** OFF TO THE BURROW FOR GOOD. Its that simple

I'm glad seibs has positioned himself to not cop all the blame if Dearden shits the bed.

He's the head coach, just own the decision ffs.
Am I the only one sick of reading this type of shit?
I find it a bit sad that there are broncos fans on here that would be legitimately happy if souffs won. It'd somehow validate them, if you want souffs to win tomorrow night **** OFF TO THE BURROW FOR GOOD. Its that simple

I'm actually thinking they might move bird to 6 and bring dearden on later , or maybe I'm just over thinking it. Lol

Badel saying on FoxSports that we will be running a 4 forward bench .... Carrigan to replace Staggs.

@Wolfie :porthoz:

I think this is the correct decision, Staggs is pretty useless on the bench when there's no back line injuries. And even if there is, Fifita can probably slide to centre.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Seibs will go for the least disruption possible. That would mean Deardon straight swapping Knik. Start to finish. Normal places everyone else. Should the unthinkable happen and the young fella breaks down in a pants wetting terror then action gets taken, otherwise full steam ahead. ****, really looking forward to seeing the final team and the game itself. I suppose selection surprises are inevitable .

I think i might be happy if Souths beat us if it was Cam Smiths last game and our loss resulted in the Storm missing out on the 8!

Your on the bunnies tomorrow broncsgoat?

Well we’ve won the last 6 or 7 against them, so a loss would be pretty telling.

Of course I hope the streak continues.

I truly have no idea if we're going to win this. Usually I've got a decent gut feeling coming in to games, but it's giving me nothing this week. We could win by 1, win by 30, lose by 1, lose by 30. It's anyone's guess.

Sua at hooker? Wtf? We need speed around the ruck. Sua isn't that guy. We need crisp fast ball service from dummy half. Don't think Sua is that guy. Staggs fits only because he has pace but even he isn't the answer. Niko would be perfect but he's going bye bye.

I truly have no idea if we're going to win this. Usually I've got a decent gut feeling coming in to games, but it's giving me nothing this week. We could win by 1, win by 30, lose by 1, lose by 30. It's anyone's guess.
Well, I cannot see a win simply due to disruption but **** me, equally I can see Deardon absolutely exploding like a 16 year old lad putting it in for the first time. I have this mental image of a view from the stands and thinking 'what's Daly Cherry-Evans doing feeding a Broncos scrum for?' I hope he's as enthusiastic and effervescent as he looks on the videos and in that training clip from yesterday. I've wanted an injection in the halves for a long time and the young fella absolutely tears it up.

Sua at hooker? Wtf? We need speed around the ruck. Sua isn't that guy. We need crisp fast ball service from dummy half. Don't think Sua is that guy. Staggs fits only because he has pace but even he isn't the answer. Niko would be perfect but he's going bye bye.

I think the plan will be for Macca to play 80mins. Sua has probably taken on our utility role. So he probably just trained there so he is not a deer in the headlights if Macca gets injured and he was forced to replace him.

We just need Oates to be his usual Souths-destroying self and no worries boys.

I hope Sua doesn't play hooker. We are on the right track last week, putting staggs in at 9 for pace etc. We need to continue that.
I think the plan will be for Macca to play 80mins. Sua has probably taken on our utility role. So he probably just trained there so he is not a deer in the headlights if Macca gets injured and he was forced to replace him.

@Wolfie :porthoz:

I think this is the correct decision, Staggs is pretty useless on the bench when there's no back line injuries. And even if there is, Fifita can probably slide to centre.

Now all he needs to do is drop no hopers like TPJ to the bench and put The Goat in at lock.

I hope Sua doesn't play hooker. We are on the right track last week, putting staggs in at 9 for pace etc. We need to continue that.

I hope so too. Fingers crossed none of our backs get injured and Sua plays in the back row when he comes on.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • RolledOates
  • winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fatboy
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Galah
  • broncos4life
  • Gaz
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.