PRE-GAME Round 8 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

NRL.com now saying S'ua and Osullivan have been dropped from the extended squad

I don't give a hoot about how Seibold appears to be handling the pressure during pressers, I just want the win! Crawley is all over the shop, the Nikorima situation has been handled fine. Darius seems stoked that the young fella Dearden is getting a crack.

It has to be a beat up! To much happening someone or some people are playing games.
TRUST NO ONE !!

Mmm, this isn't the right game to call it on in my opinion, it could be a very disjointed team effort with all the media and the major team change. I think I see signs that the team is trending upwards and I'm going to wait until the eights settled. Even then I don't know if I'd have seen enough of Seibold but if he's still standing proud and supported by his troops that'd be a good sign the team's health and future were secure.

The result isnt so important to me, its the effort and just level of performance, seeing if we are cutting out the basic errors and missed tackles. I think the attack will come with time.

To he honest, if you look at the sharks game, all Dearden needs to do is not let their opponents make 30m every run on their side. Nikorima besides some runs at the end of the game at tired forwards has been fairly useless. One or two good passes this season that lead to tries but about 10 that lead to an error.
I'm thinking Seibs will go for the least disruption possible. That would mean Deardon straight swapping Knik. Start to finish. Normal places everyone else. Should the unthinkable happen and the young fella breaks down in a pants wetting terror then action gets taken, otherwise full steam ahead. ****, really looking forward to seeing the final team and the game itself. I suppose selection surprises are inevitable .

Decided I'm gonna go to the game!

Mixed record lately... sorry in advance, fam.

Did he? Think he was a fair way off on the Nikorima stuff.

I don't agree about Nikorima but this bit struck a note:
But it’s worth remembering the Broncos finished 2018 one win off the competition lead after the regular season with Nikorima and Anthony Milford playing in the halves.
That was despite playing most of the season without two of their three highest-paid players in Matt Gillett and Jack Bird.
Before this season kicked off, plenty of experts were saying the Broncos would be challenging the Roosters for the title.
Now some are trying to make out it was Seibold who left Souths better placed.
They can’t have it both ways.
In the preseason we were going to win everything with the best pack in the comp and oodles of great juniors coming through. Even Matty Johns or one of the other southern dickheads who hates the Broncos was tipping us to come first. Two months later the narrative has been retconned into Bennett left us with a spud team while Siebold left Bennett with a team of champions so therefore Siebold's the better coach.

Last edited:

In the preseason we were going to win everything with the best pack in the comp and oodles of great juniors coming through. Even Matty Johns or one of the other southern dickheads who hates the Broncos was tipping us to come first. Two months later the narrative has been retconned into Bennett left us with a spud team while Siebold left Bennett with a team of champions so therefore Siebold's the better coach.

Rubbish, most people have said WB have locked in a spud spine which is sucking up 25% of our cap which is going to make it hard to keep our young forwards.

These media guys are seriously out of control. They hide behind the "just doing our job" excuse but really they are that person / family member who do the rounds repeating/embellishing things to cause maximum trouble.

No one in the media has said we are left with a spud team. They have said that there is a lot more work for Seibold to do with this team because Bennett has a very simplistic style of coaching and Seibs is putting structure into them for the very first time. This can’t really be disputed and no one is using that as a knock on Wayne, however Crawley is taking it out of context intentionally to run his agenda.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Huge
  • Skathen
  • Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.