PRE-GAME Round 8 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

You're allowed to be conceited when you have accomplished as much as he has and have 27 million in the bank. You can't blame him for being bitter considering how he was blindsided. I'm sure he isn't complaining though, about to go 7-1 and riding high.

6-2

Really soup? That's the evidence? Three guys heard the same thing, two of them don't have an issue with it and you pick the odd guy out because it suits your narrative. I heard it and didn't think WB was doing anything wrong and answered questions honestly. Just because he didn't give Seibold a rap shouldn't indicate he did something wrong. Seibold hasn't achieved anything yet so what in the world should the best ever coach find to praise and why does he need to? After all, he didn't just hear Seibolds interview as we did so he wouldn't have felt any need to pump up Seibolds tyres.

I agree, Bennett has always been this way. Doesn’t mean he should be respected for it.
Nor fucking condemned. The way you present it( and how Kent did too ) is by running one after the other as if WB had heard Seibold rap him and then WB refusing to reciprocate. Talk about poisoning the well. That's very poor.

Last edited:
From watching Benny's presser two things were pretty clear.
1. Jimmy (or a someone acting on his behalf) has been exploring the option of moving to Souffs. When Benny twice said "we'll wait and see what happens" it was a classic reply when he knows more than what he wants to say.
2. The non-stop shit-stirring questions that wanker Wiedler was asking shows just how low he'll go to paint us in a bad light. If I was Siebs i'd be sure to avoid this muck raker like the plague.

Breaking News: Wayne Bennett doesn't praise opposition coach who played a part in him losing his job just a few months ago.
Just curious what role did Seibold play in Bennett losing his job for 2019 aside from accepting a job for 2020?

It doesn't 'suit my narrative'. That's a cliche that I never thought you'd apply to me.

If I was to rate WB against AS, WB is always on top. I was his biggest supporter in coming back to the club; I even broke the news months before it hit the media, rejoicing in the change.

I'm just pointing out the childish behaviour. It's poor in by books.
Well, you describe it as childish but that's entirely YOUR perception. I didn't see it as childish. The journalists can be childish in their reporting, cynical and vindictive but I never thought for a moment he was any different than at any other time in his 30 years of dealing with moronic media. If that's so then he's been childish for all that time.

Of course, that's MY perception. I didn't try to force YOU to share my opinion.

You are starting to sound like Cult regarding Hunt years ago... A bit irrational to talk to.
Irrational? Mmm, no. I did see your links. First we have Seibold and then in turn we have WB. Of course we could go to the second one first but it doesn't matter. It seems that WB cannot please everyone and I'm grateful that people like him are still around to keep it real. WB doesn't play the game, he'll give someone a rap if they deserve it and chooses to say nothing if he has nothing to say. I just don't see the problem. Seibolds interview wasn't any classier, it was just a ramble about nothing. He was the one promoting and inviting comparisons by bringing WBs achievements up, WB never spruiked his own and Seibolds achieved nothing so far so WB wasn't going to waffle on to feed the media.

I recognize you didn't like it, fine but plenty don't agree with you so, that's all there is to it.

Don't really care, but are you "plenty's" spokesman? Certainly sounding like WB's PR manager.
Well two out three on the show had no trouble with it as well as myself and a few other posters so yes, plenty have no problems.

Don't really care, but are you "plenty's" spokesman? Certainly sounding like WB's PR manager.

Nah bro, he's in PR for the Shaks. When it comes to Wayne though, I'm thinking love child lol

Luv ya @Huge !

Great to have you back posting again @soup

Congratulations to Darius on the 300th. I hope for his sake it's memorable for all the right reasons, and his form is on the up from here. Also hoping our forward pack bullies the Burgii into submission, although I'm expecting them to get away with a few strips as they always do.

Can you link it please. What did he say that was bitter and which part made him appear conceited? Quotes if you can manage it, examples of bitterness and conceit.
Fair point, apologies I didn’t write down exact quotes.
One that sticks to mind is when they asked him about the Knik situation, with WB commenting good on Kodi for standing up for himself, which was clearly a dig at our management and coach. He knows nothing about what is happening at the club and his demeanour and response was clearly aimed at protecting his ego because Bennett was the one who kept him as full time no.7. God forbid a new coach with fresh ideas tries to disrupt what Bennett maintained so foolishly for too long!!

Last edited:
Fair point, apologies I didn’t write down exact quotes.
One that sticks to mind is when they asked him about the Knik situation, with WB commenting good on Kodi for standing up for himself, which was clearly a dig at our management and coach. He knows nothing about what is happening at the club and his demeanour and response was clearly aimed at protecting his ego because Bennett was the one who kept him as full time no.7. God forbid a new coach with fresh ideas tries to disrupt what Bennett maintained so foolishly for too long!!

Yeah that's pretty fucked. He should have no comment for what's going on behind closed doors. It comes across as bitter.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncsNBundy
  • marw
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.