/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

This isn't a team

It's a team of individuals... playing for a pay check.

This to me is where we are at (minus the pay cheque part). We don’t look like a team. We are a collective of rugby league players. You can talk about how they get along off the field all you like, but when we get on the field we don’t look like a cohesive unit (and haven’t for a number of years).

I refuse to blame the current coach for this, as has been repeated ad nauseum, it’s been 8 rounds. He is slowly clearing the decks to get the team he wants and I am happy to wait that out. I’m not going anywhere and will support this team through these tough times.

What I don’t want is to see Boyd and Macca going around for another 3 years. Hopefully Boyd is happy to have reached his 300 and that someone starts cooking some nice smelling pies at the stadium so Boyd gets a sniff and decides to retire ala Alfie Langer.

The board has no idea how to run a footy club without Bennett. It can't be a coincidence we never missed the finals under him but will have under everybody else.

Dearden needs to be our dominant play maker. Tell Milford to focus on running and playing awhat is infront of him at second receiver and let Dearden run the team.
It’ll come. Has has played 1 game.
He had good talk tonight, good energy and has a massive future.
He will only improve.

How many times have we let in tries with Boyd doing nothing? I guess you can always say "Oh, there was another player doing something stupid too", but surely at some point it stops being a coincidence? His passiveness has let in so many.

Oates, Jesus Christ, what's with his hands? You can pretty much put money on him dropping the ball every game and pay off your mortgage.

Isaako too, just not doing anything.

Roberts, he's definitely got something on his mind. He doesn't look like trying at all. He's probably leaving.

Bird IS trying, but is he worth 700-800K on that left centre? God no IMO.

TPJ seems as dumb as Oates. Ofa is ordinary, but I guess he only makes 1 mistake or gives away 1 penalty a game, not as bad as the others.

Dearden looked promising in the 2nd half. I think he has to take control of the team, it's the perfect opportunity. Milf is no organiser, despite his putting on a show last week. He's only 18, but we NEED a real half to stand up and take charge.

Giving an 18 year old, 1 game player the keys to the car seems like stupid desperation to me. Just accept that the season is a write off and let him work his way into first grade at his own pace.

The board has no idea how to run a footy club without Bennett. It can't be a coincidence we never missed the finals under him but will have under everybody else.

That would imply we didn’t make the finals 2009-2014 which simply isn’t true.

This isn't a team

It's a team of individuals... playing for a pay check.

The captain is example no. 1

The coach will need to pull his head in too... **** off pretending you're a Harvard grad after one course....No more walking out of press conferences. I'm fkn serious

If Roberts, tpj lodge want to go ... Then... **** off already..

Boyd and macca need to go. No more sugar coating ...On this reality.

Isaako needs a spell. Or a sacking..

**** me. I don't know.

This isn't a team.

I hope Lodge doesn't want to go but everything else I agree with. Lodge at least tries. He saved McCullough a few times and Deardon absolutely covering for McCullough.

Spoon R us
Quick, get over to your other thread. You made two for a reason, right?

You can post in either now depending on if we win or lose.

We win, "my Dearden thread dudes, oh boy, how amazing that a new half changed everything in a season".

We lose, "head over to my battle for the spoon thread guys..., Oh my goodness, we suck"

Nicely played, you win either way.

Is it time to start a ‘We’re sorry @broncsgoat, you were right’ thread?

Last edited:
This to me is where we are at (minus the pay cheque part). We don’t look like a team. We are a collective of rugby league players. You can talk about how they get along off the field all you like, but when we get on the field we don’t look like a cohesive unit (and haven’t for a number of years).

I refuse to blame the current coach for this, as has been repeated ad nauseum, it’s been 8 rounds. He is slowly clearing the decks to get the team he wants and I am happy to wait that out. I’m not going anywhere and will support this team through these tough times.

What I don’t want is to see Boyd and Macca going around for another 3 years. Hopefully Boyd is happy to have reached his 300 and that someone starts cooking some nice smelling pies at the stadium so Boyd gets a sniff and decides to retire ala Alfie Langer.

Maybe we can get Boyd a job cooking pies and have his cap space lifted

Last edited:
1. Boyd. **** off to the Glue factory. Please. And people laughed at me for creating that petition. (yeah it was immature but you get my point)
2. Isaako. QCup time. Perese or someone else.
3. Macca. QCup or kicked out.
4. Roberts. Theres the door mate.
5. TPJ. Follow him.
6. Dearden was great imo. Held himself well in a beaten team. Big future
7. Flegler and Carrigan need more game time.

So last week essentially all of our forwards ran for well in excess of 140 metres, this week?

Lodge - 8 runs, 73 metres
TPJ - 10 runs, 78 metres
Ofahengaue - 10 runs, 93 metres
Flegler - 3 runs, 37 metres
Fifita - 4 runs, 36 metres
Carrigan - 6 runs, 53 metres
Gillett - 6 runs, 52 metres
Glenn - 6 runs, 65 metres

They got absolute SHIT on in the middle tonight, the only player who stepped up and tried to carry us was Haas, as per usual. He's the best forward on the roster already and it's daylight to second.

Haas - 12 runs, 121 metres, 36 tackles, 0 missed

That would imply we didn’t make the finals 2009-2014 which simply isn’t true.

We may as well not have. The majority were complete flukes where we never looked like challenging apart from 2011 which is all on Locky's retirement.

Active Now

• porouian
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lurker
  • sooticus
  • Morepudding
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.