Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

our biggest problem is we are so young as soon as we make a mistake we drop our bundle. At the mo we are unable to come back from an upset. We need a captain with a ruthless streak that the boys are a bit frightened/in awe of. I don't think our present captain offers us anything.

Macca was slightly better tonight. I noticed he was saving energy by not running back to the ptb and letting young Deardon do the first tackle.

A few have said it over a few weeks, our rotation is worse than shit. Siebs needs to give himself an uppercut on this count. It's dead set woeful.

Not just the first tackle. It was the first two more than once.

Strap yourselves in. As a club that expects success, this could be the season that really tests how loyal some fans are.
Not really, they lost my membership after 2013 after shitting all over the jersey in it's 25th anniversary.

This year along with 2010 and 2013 are all about the rookies coming through.

Fortunately I worked through this. How’d Dearden hold up?

He’s been horrendous. I think he’s mentally checked out to be honest. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he pulls the pin.
He came out yesterday saying he has every intention of seeing out his contract. In every interview he has said how happy he is with his form. I think we are stuck with him.

I feel for Macca
He is what he is. Gives you 50-60 tackles a week, works hard, reliable. An old school hooker, but that’s not what today’s game is about.

I’ve said before that he offers zero attacking threat which puts all the pressure on the 6 and 7 and pushes all the play sideways. He doesn’t engage any defenders meaning they all push hard from the inside, knowing that he’s not a threat. We need spark from 9 but we don’t have anyone coming through.

Staggs is my choice as I’ve said before but it would be a huge job to get him there quickly.

Watching Macca his faults aren't really that clear. It's when you watch other team's hookers you realise just how average he is.

Seibold comments in the presser: Dearden is the best half inthe club. Nail in the coffin for paix and Boyd unless they can shift to 9 immediately.

I'm sorry mate but you and supporters like you are delusional. I'm not having a go at you but it's true. Are you watching what we are all watching?

What faith? Everything about our team is faithless. Nothing has changed in 8 weeks. Our attacking structure is non existent. Our game plan is way too simplistic, 4 hit ups and a 5th tackle bomb, wow how exciting. Add giving away penalties, dropped balls and bad attitude and what is there to have faith in? We are a joke and nothing changes. We may win a few games but it's undeniable, we are the worst team in the NRL.

We look unhappy. We look angry, frustrated and miserable actually. No communication. We play the most boring brand of rugby league. It's so easy to figure out. No leadership. There's no fight in us, no heart or hunger. We play dumb. We have no footy smarts. We are a unhappy team and I have to say, this could be the worst Brisbane Broncos team in our history. You can use all the excuses in the world, we are rebuilding or whatever bullshit people can create to make themselves feel better but the bottom line is this is absolutely unacceptable. We are better than this, we aren't a top 4 team but we are absolutely better than this.

Dare I say we were playing better under Henjak and Griffin.

Finally, the CEO, the board and the coach as well as the entire team need to come out publicly and take responsibility for this disgrace. The fans don't deserve this.
I disagree with some of your points but unfortunately agree with most.

Raise this issue with me next season after a full year under a new coach and my attitude will likely have changed.

You just need to be patient. Bennett inherited Seibold's team and structures, yes they're great, but he had an entire year to implement that. They didn't win last year so don't expect us to do the same.

I'm watching what you're watching, you made no sense there. I'm patient, perhaps you and others, are not.

The NRL is a slippery slope at the best of times. Just believe in a better future and don't get too worked up over every loss.

Again, if this side is playing the same way next year? No holds are barred.

I feel for Macca
He is what he is. Gives you 50-60 tackles a week, works hard, reliable. An old school hooker, but that’s not what today’s game is about.

I’ve said before that he offers zero attacking threat which puts all the pressure on the 6 and 7 and pushes all the play sideways. He doesn’t engage any defenders meaning they all push hard from the inside, knowing that he’s not a threat. We need spark from 9 but we don’t have anyone coming through.

Staggs is my choice as I’ve said before but it would be a huge job to get him there quickly.

Any chance we could go after Harry Grant?

Watch White walk away from this mess at seasons end.

Do you think the 2017 Cowboys were a good team? They made it all the way to the grand final after their 12/12 season record.

Yeah obviously good enough to make a grand final, thing is though they only just scraped into the 8. Last year Souths finished 3rd and lost to the eventual premiers whereas we finished 6th and got absolutely smashed by the dragons who then lost to Souths.

Last edited:
Seibold comments in the presser: Dearden is the best half inthe club. Nail in the coffin for paix and Boyd unless they can shift to 9 immediately.

Until the next coach is appointed at the end of the season anyway

Not really, they lost my membership after 2013 after shitting all over the jersey in it's 25th anniversary.

This year along with 2010 and 2013 are all about the rookies coming through.
Yip. I think 2013 was the year I stopped my membership after 20 odd years.

Thing is, our forward pack seemed to have won that battle of the forwards. Poor defence and more of the dreaded droppsies.

Cook darting out of hooker and dancing in front of our defense before picking a perfect pass for a try assist was everything we are missing, and something Macca just cannot do.

I will be screaming play to the right in my fucking dreams tonight. How easy do we want to make it for opposite teams by only playing left side...

The sooner we entrust Deardon more the better, as right now its obvious that it's going to Milford who is going left, who is bombing left who is going to Bird to pass to Oates with nowhere to go, or for Oates to drop the ball.

Starting Forwards bar Haas didn't show up. Fafita playing not enough mins and Glenn and Gillett playing too many.

All in all, Seibold isnt getting anywhere near enough from the old heads in the team, and they happen to be some of our highest paid.

Hard to watch.

Yeah obviously good enough to make a grand final, thing is though they only just scraped into the 8. Last year Souths finished 3rd and lost to the eventual premiers whereas we finished 6th and got absolutely smashed by the dragons who then lost to Souths.

Funny you mention the eventual premiers. We beat them twice as well

Funny you mention the eventual premiers. We beat them twice as well
Yeah but thats because Fergo was terrible in those games and our giraffe new what his hands were.

We are so hot and cold its a joke. That's the issue. The consistent part is that we dont have a fullback and we have several players taking up way too much cap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew things would be bad this year but I never envisioned record losses to Souths and the Roosters and a 2-6 start. When should I stop "trusting the process"?

I'm willing to give Siebold a bit of time. I was pretty dissappointed with Wynnum last season and it was Bridesons first year there. We got rid of/ lost a good/ favourite players for Wynnum but this year he's made some solid signings and going really well. Scarlett is a huge improvement on Dobson in particular. Gabbie is a good replacement for Ogden (retired).

Active Now

• Foordy
  • jtupu17
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.