PRE-GAME Round 8 - Warriors vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Hi
Well, I disagree. Like a good anti-depressant, its effects usually take up to a month to take effect. This really becomes for me at least, a watershed match. There just has to be significant improvement or the writing will be on the wall, in bold, underlined and in italics, for Seibold at least.

As for Ash Taylor, he showed how good he can be against us given a good game plan. They had shape, structure and commitment. We fell apart in the face of that.

Those last three lines sum up the basics for rugby league. It's a simple game.
Even though both teams are on the bottom of the ladder each team can at given times compete evenly with any other team in the competition. Each team can, for periods match or be high quality nrl product.

The Tits will likely win another game or two but a thing that is often overlooked about losing teams is that on any given day they can match it for longer than expected. The Broncos have a greater upside and adversity will build a solid base.

I picture the blast torch that's on the Broncos now, it's already done with the outer layers and the longer it's held on us more gets blown away until it hits foundation. If ever you want a reboot, reset or rebuild this is what it takes. Ultimately a positive I think.

Last edited:

Kyall

NRL Player
Do we still have enough rounds to get enough wins to make top 8?
If we manage an 8th place finish this year I will actually be impressed. Maybe that's Seibs' strategy - lower expectations drastically at the start of the year so that when we scrape together an 8th place finish the supporters are almost feeling grateful.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
If this side makes the 8, the coach is a mastermind and will be rewarded with an upgraded, extended deal. Smart move I suppose?

Financeguy

QCup Player
If we manage an 8th place finish this year I will actually be impressed. Maybe that's Seibs' strategy - lower expectations drastically at the start of the year so that when we scrape together an 8th place finish the supporters are almost feeling grateful.
Seibs would take your arm off at the socket if you offered him finishing 8th spot at the moment...
- Merged

there are 13 rounds to go and we are 4 points outside the 8.

those in positions 5-8 are certainly inconsistent and are beatable
True, but make it 5 points outside the 8 with our for and against

Last edited:

vertigo

NRL Captain
Fat lot of good making the 8 did us the last two years.

These fools need a spoon to really change the culture.

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
I thought Oates being dropped would have seen a lot of posts or have I missed them?
I am waiting to find out if he was dropped because of poor performances or because of poor discipline the other night when the referee repeatedly told him to shut up.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
I thought Oates being dropped would have seen a lot of posts or have I missed them?
Probably a pretty fair indicator of how bad he's going that nobody really even acknowledged his dropping.

He's been comfortably the most disappointing player this year, it was only a couple of years ago that he was running for 200+ metres every game and scoring pies for fun, now he's a complete liability defensively and under the high ball, struggles to make any impactful runs out of our own end and is even struggling to finish off straight-forward try scoring opportunities.

His career looks to be going the way of Chris McQueen. Came into first grade as a lanky winger and made an immediate impact, eventually shifted to the backrow when the speed and mobility started dwindling. Completely irrelevant by their mid-late 20's because they're not strong enough or skillful enough to play 80 mins in the 2nd row every week.

I wouldn't be overly shocked if we've already seen the best of Oates and his career goes downhill extremely fast from here on out.

McHunt

NRL Player
Sunshine Coast
Probably a pretty fair indicator of how bad he's going that nobody really even acknowledged his dropping.

He's been comfortably the most disappointing player this year, it was only a couple of years ago that he was running for 200+ metres every game and scoring pies for fun, now he's a complete liability defensively and under the high ball, struggles to make any impactful runs out of our own end and is even struggling to finish off straight-forward try scoring opportunities.

His career looks to be going the way of Chris McQueen. Came into first grade as a lanky winger and made an immediate impact, eventually shifted to the backrow when the speed and mobility started dwindling. Completely irrelevant by their mid-late 20's because they're not strong enough or skillful enough to play 80 mins in the 2nd row every week.

I wouldn't be overly shocked if we've already seen the best of Oates and his career goes downhill extremely fast from here on out.
What’s going on with his swollen leg?

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
We don't want to be clawing our way into finals only to be slaughtered as obvious outsiders again. This squad needs a reality check, and an early "mad Monday" (I wouldn't be letting them have a single drop of beer this coming off season btw) will deliver that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarntheBroncos

Twitter