vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could go either way and will depend on whether the Warriors' passes stick. They have nothing to lose, they've already proven that they have put their lives on hold for the competition to continue, they'll go down as winners this year regardless of results.

They'll run hard, offload a lot, and play some high-risk, high-reward football. I am very, very worried that we get lazy and start arm-grabbing at their forwards, and they just tear us apart.

If the passes stick, they win by 30. If they don't, we win by 12.

I'm not too sure about that, a week is a long time in Rugby League. A lopsided defeat vs the Warriors (who are akin to a pub team who have to scrape enough players each week to form a team, even borrowing from other clubs) and his ass is grass.

A narrow loss or a win will save him as he'll proclaim "the club is turning the corner" before being belted the next week. He is a dead man walking and despite the board stating otherwise, they will come to a point where they will have to swallow their pride and cut their losses. Seibs won't last the season.
Did you see how they started against Melbourne? If they do that to us it won't be pretty.

That happened in June, maybe May as I recall. Isaako was playing poorly from round 1.

He found out in the week leading up to Round 1, that's when his father was diagnosed.

The occurrence you're talking about was in June when his sister called him and said 'The doctors are saying he has 1 week to live', which is when he went back to NZ for 2 weeks.

No RTS will make it even more embarrassing if we lose again

He found out in the week leading up to Round 1, that's when his father was diagnosed.

The occurrence you're talking about was in June when his sister called him and said 'The doctors are saying he has 1 week to live', which is when he went back to NZ for 2 weeks.
Ah, fair dinks. I was wrong about that then I'd only seen the stuff in June/July. Poor bugger.

Cmon you blokes, a bit of luck, which were due. Get a bit of confidence back. We're too uptight in attack and defence. A win may make all the difference, and set us on a path to righteous glory.

Love Dopamine.

Sometimes though it can give you restless legs syndrome, maybe something our forwards need.

In any case, there's nothing like a good win to get the dopamine flowing, which is exactly what our team needs. It's been so long since the team has won, so much bad media saying we're hopeless that I wonder if at the back of our players' minds, the seeds of self doubt about their ability to win have taken root, so that say, with the first try we concede (if we do) it will just knock the stuffing out them, their self confidence erodes, and they play like they believe they can't win, and if so, they won't, a pernicious self fulfilling prophecy

More than ever we need an inspired leader out there, or maybe, 2 or 3 tries in quick succession and a lot of good hits in defence from our forwards.

Unlike those who might want us to fail to prove Seibold is a lousy coach, and the once mighty Broncos are has-beens, I so want our team to win, for their sake as much as for ours, their long suffering fans.

Last edited:
Sometimes though it can give you restless legs syndrome, maybe something our forwards need.

In any case, there's nothing like a good win to get the dopamine flowing, which is exactly what our team needs. It's been so long since the team has won, so much bad media saying we're hopeless that I wonder if at the back of our players' minds, the seeds of self doubt about their ability to win have taken root, so that say, with the first try we concede (if we do) it will just knock the stuffing out them, their self confidence erodes, and they play like they believe they can't win, and if so, they won't, a pernicious self fulfilling prophecy

More than ever we need an inspired leader out there, or maybe, 2 or 3 tries in quick succession and a lot of good hits in defence from our forwards.

Unlike those who might want us to fail to prove Seibold is a lousy coach, and the once mighty Broncos are has-beens, I so want our team to win, for their sake as much as for ours, their long suffering fans.
Just on restless leg for a moment or rather sleep related things some years ago I had a couple of encounters with sleep paralysis. Fucking scarey and funny in hindsight too.
Carry on, random thought.

Well, just to carry on, sometimes our team plays like they are in sleep paralysis
I didn't even know our bodies did this for us when we sleep, it was excellent to be enlightened although the fact of it wasn't learned until years after it happened. Finally an explanation of those moments just after waking, knowing it was unusual but natural was a question answered.

I agree with tesi at centres for the time been.... but Isaako hasn’t really provided a passing or kicking game either... I think he is better off on the wing

That makes us fullback-less however I reckon maybe not this season but next season target Nicho Hynes from the storm... he isn’t breaking into the storm anytime soon cause he is stuck behind Papenhuyzen... he would provide a bit of spark and the playmaking aspect that’s missing at the back
Nicho hynes does look good. Looks to have a good combo of running game and ball skills. Can do the sweep play that boyd used to do well too.

The broncos would do well to keep an eye out for him.

Last edited:
This is the best side we have named all year we will win this game.

Hmmm .. What about our full strength side in Rd 1, and almost full strength in Rd 2?

Turps and Fifita and TPJ Rd 1 are pretty important players.

I wouldn't mind seeing how Isaako would go in the centres. He's not very good on the wing or at fullback, but centre might suit him the most. Farnworth can stay on the wing (and I don't mean that like a demotion, I rate wingers higher than centres).
I remember saying the same thing about Gandalf...I mean Hoffman. Saw him carve at centre one, maybe two games. But that fella had such an ego he would never stoop to play centre. Chasing those dollarydoos. But Isaako is humble and will play whatever and I admire that.

Doea Isaak train well? He works hard on the field. He just seems to get lost at times. Is there any way to get through to him because for athleticism, he appears to well built and he babbles the wing hit ups fairly well. He has good pace. It seems a shame we can't get someone to work with him the way gilmeister did with Kevin Walters back in the day and just drill him to an inch of his life.
I really would like to see him succeed but defence is the one thing holding him back.
If he can't get it right I don't see much future.
Mind you it probably doesn't help him that the current coach doesn't seem to have a clue how to coach attack.

One word, coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.