PRE-GAME Round 8 - Warriors vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnabokov

State of Origin Rep
Bangalow
Love Dopamine.
Sometimes though it can give you restless legs syndrome, maybe something our forwards need.

In any case, there's nothing like a good win to get the dopamine flowing, which is exactly what our team needs. It's been so long since the team has won, so much bad media saying we're hopeless that I wonder if at the back of our players' minds, the seeds of self doubt about their ability to win have taken root, so that say, with the first try we concede (if we do) it will just knock the stuffing out them, their self confidence erodes, and they play like they believe they can't win, and if so, they won't, a pernicious self fulfilling prophecy

More than ever we need an inspired leader out there, or maybe, 2 or 3 tries in quick succession and a lot of good hits in defence from our forwards.

Unlike those who might want us to fail to prove Seibold is a lousy coach, and the once mighty Broncos are has-beens, I so want our team to win, for their sake as much as for ours, their long suffering fans.

Last edited:

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Sometimes though it can give you restless legs syndrome, maybe something our forwards need.

In any case, there's nothing like a good win to get the dopamine flowing, which is exactly what our team needs. It's been so long since the team has won, so much bad media saying we're hopeless that I wonder if at the back of our players' minds, the seeds of self doubt about their ability to win have taken root, so that say, with the first try we concede (if we do) it will just knock the stuffing out them, their self confidence erodes, and they play like they believe they can't win, and if so, they won't, a pernicious self fulfilling prophecy

More than ever we need an inspired leader out there, or maybe, 2 or 3 tries in quick succession and a lot of good hits in defence from our forwards.

Unlike those who might want us to fail to prove Seibold is a lousy coach, and the once mighty Broncos are has-beens, I so want our team to win, for their sake as much as for ours, their long suffering fans.
Just on restless leg for a moment or rather sleep related things some years ago I had a couple of encounters with sleep paralysis. Fucking scarey and funny in hindsight too.
Carry on, random thought.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Well, just to carry on, sometimes our team plays like they are in sleep paralysis
I didn't even know our bodies did this for us when we sleep, it was excellent to be enlightened although the fact of it wasn't learned until years after it happened. Finally an explanation of those moments just after waking, knowing it was unusual but natural was a question answered.

NSW stables

QCup Player
I agree with tesi at centres for the time been.... but Isaako hasn’t really provided a passing or kicking game either... I think he is better off on the wing

That makes us fullback-less however I reckon maybe not this season but next season target Nicho Hynes from the storm... he isn’t breaking into the storm anytime soon cause he is stuck behind Papenhuyzen... he would provide a bit of spark and the playmaking aspect that’s missing at the back
Nicho hynes does look good. Looks to have a good combo of running game and ball skills. Can do the sweep play that boyd used to do well too.

The broncos would do well to keep an eye out for him.

Last edited:

Organix

NRL Player
I wouldn't mind seeing how Isaako would go in the centres. He's not very good on the wing or at fullback, but centre might suit him the most. Farnworth can stay on the wing (and I don't mean that like a demotion, I rate wingers higher than centres).
I remember saying the same thing about Gandalf...I mean Hoffman. Saw him carve at centre one, maybe two games. But that fella had such an ego he would never stoop to play centre. Chasing those dollarydoos. But Isaako is humble and will play whatever and I admire that.

Footy Fanatic

QCup Player
Doea Isaak train well? He works hard on the field. He just seems to get lost at times. Is there any way to get through to him because for athleticism, he appears to well built and he babbles the wing hit ups fairly well. He has good pace. It seems a shame we can't get someone to work with him the way gilmeister did with Kevin Walters back in the day and just drill him to an inch of his life.
I really would like to see him succeed but defence is the one thing holding him back.
If he can't get it right I don't see much future.
Mind you it probably doesn't help him that the current coach doesn't seem to have a clue how to coach attack.
One word, coaching.

rnabokov

State of Origin Rep
Bangalow
Realistically, if they haven't woken up by now, it's fair to say it's not coming.

I've heard a few people on here bagging out Ash Taylor and his stupid contract but honestly on Saturday night he looked like a world beater relative to Milford.
Well, I disagree. Like a good anti-depressant, its effects usually take up to a month to take effect. This really becomes for me at least, a watershed match. There just has to be significant improvement or the writing will be on the wall, in bold, underlined and in italics, for Seibold at least.

As for Ash Taylor, he showed how good he can be against us given a good game plan. They had shape, structure and commitment. We fell apart in the face of that.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Realistically, if they haven't woken up by now, it's fair to say it's not coming.

I've heard a few people on here bagging out Ash Taylor and his stupid contract but honestly on Saturday night he looked like a world beater relative to Milford.
I've watched the Tits and did write about the team a couple weeks ago saying they're playing for the coach and the team. I wasn't surprised they were competitive or with the result and yes, Taylor has been good in other games too. Milford wasn't terrible and both teams have have a lot of upswing left.

IceWorks

BRL Player
Interesting times.. Muddling through to 8th place on the ladder keeps a coaching career alive but any more of the floggings we have been copping.... and..... it will be interesting to see how the board keep upping the cognitive dissonance to cope with that, so far we have a rewrite of history from pushing for a premiership to 'early into a painful multi year rebuild'

The Broncs are favourites with the bookies for this game but unless something drastic changes with the attitudes then there are going to be more floggings for certain.

Slippin Jimmy

QCup Player
If we manage an 8th place finish this year I will actually be impressed. Maybe that's Seibs' strategy - lower expectations drastically at the start of the year so that when we scrape together an 8th place finish the supporters are almost feeling grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hadeswolf

Twitter