vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doea Isaak train well? He works hard on the field. He just seems to get lost at times. Is there any way to get through to him because for athleticism, he appears to well built and he babbles the wing hit ups fairly well. He has good pace. It seems a shame we can't get someone to work with him the way gilmeister did with Kevin Walters back in the day and just drill him to an inch of his life.
I really would like to see him succeed but defence is the one thing holding him back.
If he can't get it right I don't see much future.
Mind you it probably doesn't help him that the current coach doesn't seem to have a clue how to coach attack.

Isaako under WB was working really well and he genuinely deserved rookie of the year, since seibold has arrived he has looked lost and confused.

Doea Isaak train well? He works hard on the field. He just seems to get lost at times. Is there any way to get through to him because for athleticism, he appears to well built and he babbles the wing hit ups fairly well. He has good pace. It seems a shame we can't get someone to work with him the way gilmeister did with Kevin Walters back in the day and just drill him to an inch of his life.
I really would like to see him succeed but defence is the one thing holding him back.
If he can't get it right I don't see much future.
Mind you it probably doesn't help him that the current coach doesn't seem to have a clue how to coach attack.

There were articles last year about how he stayed back after training to work on his goal kicking.
He seems pretty dedicated in the gym and with his diet, as his physique is one of the best at the Broncos.
I dunno then if it's just the lack of talent or footy smarts or if it's an easier approach to all the other types of training that doesn't seem to translate to the field.

Last edited:
There were articles last year about how he stayed back after training to work on his goal kicking.
He seems pretty dedicated in the gym and with his diet, as his physique is one of the best at the Broncos.
I dunno then if it's just the lack of talent or footy smarts or if it's an easier approach to all the other types of training that doesn't seem to translate to the field.
If that's right about more than just goal kicking, then he might have a future if used right. If you look at the storm, he would be the kind of player that would that be slotted in a role tightly confined and rehearsed. I don't see him as capable in a spine role only because he seems to have no football brains with regard to using kicks and passing to set plays up but perhaps with the right coaching he could be used to run good lines like the storm centres and second rows do (provided the defence is improved, and he is not alone there).
I guess you want the players that keep their head down and work hard to succeed, not just for themselves, but for the positive impact it has on those around them. I can't help but feel that right there is a lack of that in this squad.
In the end though not everyone gets there. Still, I'll always remember that junking run he did to beat 6 players and turn a suspect field goal into a match winning try. If theres any way to let more of that see the light of day, we must try.

I for one hope he absolutely kills it at left wing. I think the left side of the field suits his kick returns and dummy half runs a little bit better than the right side... but Herbie also played well on the left hand side and was playing left hand side in the ISC.

Things he needs to work on:
- Defence, but so do 30 other blokes
- High balls, attack and defence
- Practicing a left hand carry
- Strength, he may look fit as f.ck, but for whatever reason he doesn't seem to get post contact meters and you desperately need that from your wingers nowadays

As you mention he is a dedicated player and puts in the extras so if he is pencilled in for a position and is given good coaching to skill him at that position then I think he will be a handy player especially as he comes with goal kicking.

I think the mentions of him at center in NYC and ISC were at right center... so it would be yet another right center to add to Staggs, Coates and Niu.

I think at this stage the plan is Staggs and Coates in the centers... Coates defending at left center in training today suggests he may be the one earmarked for the position given Staggs is locked into that right side, but Isaako could become a very handy winger for us if coached correctly.

He may also do a Hoffman/Beale and move on to try and jag a fullback spot.

As I said in the other thread, I can almost guarantee Richie Kennar will be in the side this week. Seibs even mentioned him in the post-game presser.

We are desperate for outside backs who can reliably make positive runs out of our own end, luckily for Kennar that's about his only good attribute, so he might get a crack.

I genuinely regret us losing Shibasaki, he would be so much better for us than Boyd at the moment, despite how awful his hands are. Guess what he's capable for doing? Getting metres out of trouble.

View attachment 8344

(21 runs for 162 metres yesterday)
Shibasaki at the best of times was competing for the shittest player on the field last year... his potential is high but he is not better than farnworth who will have to make way when Staggs comes back if Boyd doesn’t get dropped (which is highly likely) so he would have played limited football anyway

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing how Isaako would go in the centres. He's not very good on the wing or at fullback,

2018 rookie of the year on the wing.
Remember that field goal and was it Cooper Cronk that he humiliated when he steeped him to score the match winning try? against the chooks ??????

Wonder what went wrong?
Could it be that master coach Siebold that fucked him?
Nah,
Let's blame Wayne.

Didnt know where to put it.

Boyd talking on Sunday ticket the other night.

Based purely on the eye-test I would say Luke has performed better this year than Turpin. Luke actually has a really intelligent game, it was his vision and speed out of dummy half that lead to the Niu line-break (and what should have been a try). I don't think Turpin has that type of vision yet.

I think they'll be a very good Hooker duo though, don't really mind who starts and who comes off the bench. You'd probably start Turpin to absorb some punishment and bring Luke on for impact.
Based purely on an eye-test, Jake is a lot more handsome.

I for one hope he absolutely kills it at left wing. I think the left side of the field suits his kick returns and dummy half runs a little bit better than the right side... but Herbie also played well on the left hand side and was playing left hand side in the ISC.

Things he needs to work on:
- Defence, but so do 30 other blokes
- High balls, attack and defence
- Practicing a left hand carry
- Strength, he may look fit as f.ck, but for whatever reason he doesn't seem to get post contact meters and you desperately need that from your wingers nowadays

As you mention he is a dedicated player and puts in the extras so if he is pencilled in for a position and is given good coaching to skill him at that position then I think he will be a handy player especially as he comes with goal kicking.

I think the mentions of him at center in NYC and ISC were at right center... so it would be yet another right center to add to Staggs, Coates and Niu.

I think at this stage the plan is Staggs and Coates in the centers... Coates defending at left center in training today suggests he may be the one earmarked for the position given Staggs is locked into that right side, but Isaako could become a very handy winger for us if coached correctly.

He may also do a Hoffman/Beale and move on to try and jag a fullback spot.
He looks pretty up top but I think he needs to do more leg work in the gym to get more post contact metres.

No RTS. One match ban. YAY

Personally, I think it might have been better for us to have him in the side. He's struggling. Instead the person to replace him will likely play like he's contract depended on it.

But even if he was playing and even with our form, I can't say I was too concerned about him. He's not really a thorn in our side.

It's a risky move, he's never played there in his Queensland Cup career- his best football over the last two years have been on the wing, he doesn't have a passing game and he doesn't kick. He's very similar to Tate, he needs to just run and make ground. I don't think he did that well last night but on the whole that's his game. I don't think a fullback can get by anymore just making some ground from kicks.

I agree with Niu at centre that's what I have said all along.
I agree with tesi at centres for the time been.... but Isaako hasn’t really provided a passing or kicking game either... I think he is better off on the wing

That makes us fullback-less however I reckon maybe not this season but next season target Nicho Hynes from the storm... he isn’t breaking into the storm anytime soon cause he is stuck behind Papenhuyzen... he would provide a bit of spark and the playmaking aspect that’s missing at the back

I would say his drop in form under Seibold had more to do with learning his father was dying.
That happened in June, maybe May as I recall. Isaako was playing poorly from round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • westy316
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.