vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
No changes needed really. I guess Turps comes back in if fit as Kevvie seems to love him but other than that, they all did really well.

He was still really sore all this week- it's not improving.

Excellent is a stretch- a hooker running it on the fifth and getting caught is inexcusable. He was absolutely gassed and couldn't even get up at one stage- Sharks ran where he should have been and made ground.
Does he play 80 in reserves? Because he looked like he was running on negative energy 20 minutes after halftime, which shows he doesn't have much of an engine on him.

Does he play 80 in reserves? Because he looked like he was running on negative energy 20 minutes after halftime, which shows he doesn't have much of an engine on him.

Has twice this year for Souths but they're the first two times.

Excellent is a stretch- a hooker running it on the fifth and getting caught is inexcusable. He was absolutely gassed and couldn't even get up at one stage- Sharks ran where he should have been and made ground.

Fair points. I’m just really happy to see him start transferring what he did in Cup last year. He needs to improve his motor for sure but there’s a really good hooker in there.

I was watching Huddersfield this morning and couldn’t help but think how good a Levi-Paix one-two punch would be.

Not well. He’s definitely not an 80 minute player. It should be said it was 90% humidity in Brisbane last night. You could see how much everyone was struggling. Hynes was out on his feet 15 minutes into the second half.

the 5th tackle dart was stupid but outside of that I thought he was solid. Easily the best hooker at the club.

unchanged team barring injuries, lets gooooo

I reckon you could add Cobbo to the list of possibles....
We shouldn't unless there are a bunch of injuries. The bloke has just put 3 good games together for the first time in his career. Let's see him develop before throwing him into origin when we don't need to.

I'd have Patty coming off the bench for a few weeks to let him get his timing and confidence up.

Jensen has been the quiet achiever. He ran for the most meters last night behind Oates. He has been a handy pick up. Moving forward I’d love to see this team
1. TMM
2. Oates
3. Farnsworth
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Capwell
12. Riki
13. Hethrington

14. Paix
15. Fleglar
16. Carrigan (until some match fitness and then start him for Jensen)
17. Pikuara (once fit)

means we finally have some depth in our forwards. Palasia, Robati and james this year

Jensen has been the quiet achiever. He ran for the most meters last night behind Oates. He has been a handy pick up. Moving forward I’d love to see this team
1. TMM
2. Oates
3. Farnsworth
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Capwell
12. Riki
13. Hethrington

14. Paix
15. Fleglar
17. Pikuara (once fit)

means we finally have some depth in our forwards. Palasia, Robati and james this year
I know kev loves Turpin's defence and defence does win games, but I think Skip Walter's defence last night was much improved and he does offer a bit more in going forward than Turps. Plus he's able to cover the 6 in emergencies. So swap Turps out and I thin that's the team.

At present I think we might have to rest Haas and keep Palasia as he's doing a good job. We also have Willison due back in a few weeks and he deserves minutes. Hopefully, he has a couple of games in ISC to get the muscle memory back.

You can’t drop Kennedy, his impact has been immense the last two weeks. Jensen has taken his opportunity and so did Palasia really but if we are being honest, Palasia probably ends up being the odd man out and that really isn’t all that fair because he’s been good. Nice to have genuine competition for spots.

1. TMM
2. Oates
3. Farnsworth
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Capwell
12. Riki
13. Hethrington

14. Paix
15. Fleglar
17. Pikuara (once fit)

too much Turpin

too much Turpin

I haven’t seen anything that Walters does in attack at hooker that Turpin can’t. And Turpins defence is far far better imo. Better balanced side with Turpin starting at 9 and paix coming off the bench if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Astro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Kev_Guz
  • cento
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Old Mate
  • Behold
  • Brocko
  • Culhwch
  • ivanhungryjak
  • lynx000
  • Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
  • something
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Jedhead
  • Browny
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.