PRE-GAME Round 9 - Broncos v Cowboys

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I thought Arthars was good but I'm happy to see Copley given a go. We did sign him, so we may as well see what he has. If he can bring good defence, he'll be valuable.
Ooh oh you mentioned defence and good together there. This is where the Cope’s supporters argument falls to the ground. His record is unfortunately one of the worst in the NRL IIRC.

Depends how he responds to the chatter about Staggs being 6.

Would Kevvie be clever enough to start that rumour to try and evoke some sort of form out of Milf? 🤔

If its clear Staggs is going to be our 6, its going to be hard to motivate Milf to perform.

Copley is interesting, he's always had good size and I remember him scoring a nice try early on in his career where he left a defender or 2 grasping at thin air

Haven't seen anything since though

If its clear Staggs is going to be our 6, its going to be hard to motivate Milf to perform.
It could definitely have the opposite effect but what is there to lose?

What did Arthars do wrong? Why change a winning team? The team flicked a switch last week, unless Staggs is back in, why change it? Arthars was good, deserves another crack at it. Copley hasn't even played in like months unless I'm mistaken.

Late mail has copley coming in for arthars.....
This makes no sense unless Arthars is injured.
What did Arthars do wrong? Why change a winning team? The team flicked a switch last week, unless Staggs is back in, why change it? Arthars was good, deserves another crack at it. Copley hasn't even played in like months unless I'm mistaken.
Yeah this, Arthars should remain at right centre until Staggs is back. I rate Arthars, he has a lot of potential.

Milf isn't retiring ... he'll still be playing for a contract somewhere

It could definitely have the opposite effect but what is there to lose?

For me its just human nature to struggle to get up for playing if you have been told you arent wanted and somebody else is getting your position. This isnt me sticking up for Milf, i just think it would be hard for anyone to perform in that situation. I dont think its just as black and white to say he is still playing for a contract.

I dont rate Arthars tbh, i think he is fairly ordinary and not a great defender in any position i've seen him in, wether that be at fullback, center or on the wing, but replacing him with Copley just seems odd considering his best days are way behind him and he isnt a good defender himself either.

For me its just human nature to struggle to get up for playing if you have been told you arent wanted and somebody else is getting your position. This isnt me sticking up for Milf, i just think it would be hard for anyone to perform in that situation. I dont think its just as black and white to say he is still playing for a contract.

I get what you are saying and understand it but let's not forget, Milf has chosen to be a professional football player, this kind of mindset, which I suspect will be true in his case, is what you would expect from an amateur player, not a very well paid professional.

I get what you are saying and understand it but let's not forget, Milf has chosen to be a professional football player, this kind of mindset, which I suspect will be true in his case, is what you would expect from an amateur player, not a very well paid professional.

He has chosen to be a footy player, but i doubt its easy to get up for a coach who wants to replace you. I honestly dont think you can judge everyone with the same mindset. Some players thrive on proving everyone wrong, others need a different approach because they need to feel wanted. Neither is wrong imo. I dont think it really matters if you are professional or amateur tbh. Good coaches generally know the which approach is best to get the most out of a player. Maybe this is what Kevvie feels Milf needs. I said it elsewhere, i'm not really that bothered about Milf now because i really dont think he is staying.

This makes no sense unless Arthars is injured.

Yeah this, Arthars should remain at right centre until Staggs is back. I rate Arthars, he has a lot of potential.
i dont really understand it either mate just what was reported

Late Mail: The Broncos squad was roasted by coach Kevvie Walters at training this week with the coach trying to get a reaction from the squad this weekend. Brisbane have no players in doubt with the only potential change being Dale Copley coming in at right centre replacing Jesse Arthars with no other late changes expected.

i would just stick with the winning side personally... but i assume staggs is close to return so maybe having a look at copley

I thought arthars was a bit lazy in attack. There was definitely one incident in the first half where he didn’t go with Coates and was slow to react. I thought he could have done a little more with the space he was given in the second half too. Just my opinion but if Kevy is trying to instil some form of standards I don’t have an issue. Remains to be seen if it backfires....

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Foordy
  • azza.79
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • kiwibronco
  • Ondi
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • mieko
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.