Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Niu is 18, even KHunt wasn't quite top tier at that age. I don't think he'll be our long term option, but he still had a great game tonight. As an 18 year old, he has looked better than Isaako or the modern Boyd, which is something to cheer about, just like winning a rare game.
I mean hunt was pretty fucking good at 18.

Context. Coates made one of those errors trying to catch a bomb to score a try on the last tackle. Isaako made his errors in our own half and on the first few tackles.
I think both of Coates errors were competing for attacking kicks.

1. Niu - I tend to be in agreement with most on here that he doesn't seem to offer much. It might be that he is just underdone at first grade level, but honestly I'd swap him and Coates around in a heartbeat. 5
2. Isaako - Yeah that is a man whose head is elsewhere. I get the feeling he knows he'll be in the hunt for another club soon enough. Dropped more pills than an all boys middle school and only made up for it with tries thanks to the brilliance of TPJ and Milford. 3
3. Farnworth - Look I like him as a player. Defensively he is very good in the centres, but he is definitely not keeping the likes of Staggs out of the position with his creativity in attack, which is non-existent. It appears to be wing or nothing for young Herbie, and short of an injury crisis in the backs, that is gonna be a tough field to fight in. 5
4. Boyd - Had a similar night to Farnworth. Didn't do much apart from defend well, which is fine on its own but for the money he's on, FMD. And it'll be Farnworth who drops off for Staggs, you can bet your tarzos on it. 5
5. Coates - He got unlucky tonight but gee whiz this kid has a massive future ahead of him. I honestly would love to see what he could do at fullback with a full pre-season in the position. He's big, he's strong, he has speed to burn and is safe as houses under the high ball. He could easily be our Tommy T if he has half a brain between his ears. 8
6. Milford - His best game in donkey's ages, and was easily the most dominant half. His kick for Isaako's first try was amazing heads up play and his bombs were giving the Dogs back line nightmares all night. He needs to start putting them up for Coates on their line because clearly we can't rely on Croft to do it. 8
7. Croft - Was not impressed with him and haven't been for awhile. Dropped that Ben Hunt like clanger off the kick off which almost set the tone for the rest of our night and never really made up for it. I can see him being benched for Dearden next week. 4
8. TPJ - As I said, MOTM and did it easily. His offloads practically won us the game and his ability to draw defenders is something to behold. With Carrigan in the 13 and Oates now staking his claim for the second row, Lodge may very well get his wish to go home on a big deal. The likes of the Tigers or the Dogs could really use him. 9
9. Luke - He seems to be finding his place in the side slowly but surely, and he did have one very good deft kick into touch in the 2nd half that stuck with me, but if I were Turpin I would hardly be quaking in my boots. When is he due back btw? 6
10. Haas - Typically ate up the metres like he was a starving elephant which laid the platform for TPJ and Milford to do what they needed to, and that alone is all we need out of Payne. Just bring the pain, get us up field and let TPJ + Carrigan handle the fancy passing moves. He along with TPJ are our long term starting props and they proved it beyond doubt tonight. 8
11. Glenn - I'm probably gonna cop some heat for this but up until his injury, I thought he had been pretty pedestrian which, if we're being honest sums up Alex Glenn's whole career. We lost nothing in terms of the captaincy when he was carted off and Te'o picked up his workload without batting an eyelash. 5
12. Oates - He finally broke the drought which was good to see, and with a classic second rower barge over no less. It's about time, frankly. He better get ready to make way for Fifita upon his return though. He can fight for Glenn's spot in 2021 from the bench. 7
13. Carrigan - Very happy with him. It was pretty no frills footy but he never dropped a ball, made plenty of metres and tackles and picked up the captaincy baton with zero sweat and got the boys home. He has just as much right to be proud of his effort as his fellow forwards. 8

14. Paix - I honestly didn't even notice him replacing Luke (I was at the pub) which is a credit to him. Being as young as he is, then coming on and picking right up where a 278 game international left off is nothing to turn your nose up at. 6
15. Flegler - Here's another one that might not want to get too comfortable. I'm sick of his braindead errors that always cost us dearly and he doesn't offer anywhere near enough to make up for it. He is a poor mans Jarrod Wallace, and he can be replaced with Joe O when he is cleared to return. 3
16. Hopoate - I'm not sure what Kennedy did to warrant being turfed out, especially for Hopoate, but to his credit he didn't come anywhere near to shaming himself as he did the last time we saw him go around. Still doesn't offer all that much and certainly won't be missed when he walks. 5
17. Te'o - You can see he is slowly but surely getting back into his groove. Sure he will never be as good as he used to be, but he is a handy, experienced utility to keep on the bench to cover multiple positions. 6
I've been pretty impressed with paix. Even in losing teams he's never looked bad. Seems pretty good and I think could push for a spot next year. Turpin is back soon I think, but I'm worried about his fitness. Having Luke as well means Turpin can go hard for 50-60 and Luke do a 20+ minute stint. Its very important to have a hooker who will run and before Turpin got injured he wasn't doing much of it.

Oates was pretty good at second row tonight. Still Had an error or two but was good.

Flegler... Man. The awkward thing is, Offa isn't much better either. Both do stupid mistakes, but flegler definitely makes more. If flegler developed some hands he would be good because he runs pretty hard and makes good metres. I think all that changed between the opening two rounds and now is that he's been dropping it again. I'm so off offa it's not funny. Every time he has had a chance to start he's been terrible and is just slow and pedestrian in attack and defence and should not be on anywhere near the reported $500k. Offa is a player I would 100% look to move on asap so we can keep Fifita.

Reimis Smith is going to get off on a technicality.

Technically, he didn’t do a cannonball tackle as contact was above the knee.

He should cop something. But I can see him getting off.

....if you want a idea of what Niu will be with a lot more NRL experience look at Matt Dufty

If you think fullbacks like Dufty are the way to go, then Niu should be our new No1

If Duftys a exception to the rule and really has no place in a winning football team spine, then Niu needs replacing...

Also, TPJ to lock would be interesting as it would allow Fifita to be the right hand edge forward again. But where does Patty go then?

Id keep him at Prop for this game against the Tigers, he, Haas and Carrigan are a real handful for other middle forwards to handle...

Dean pay aged like 20 years last night. Wonder if he has a performance based contract?

He is listed as 1kg heavier than Slater, 6kg heavier than Lockyer and 1cm shorter than both.

But I guess those blokes never really made it as fullbacks.
I saw the bloke last night, he is a midget.

Last edited:
He's a try scoring machine:

This play summed up what a dumb ****, over-rated plodder Josh Jackson is. Plenty are already dragging TPJ over the touch line with no need for extra help. Instead of hanging back in case TPJ off loads back in he joins in the pushing with a dopey fucking look on his face thinking oh this looks like fun.

Ah I get it. You’re trolling again
If trolling is pointing out he scored two tries and kicked 3 goals, and didn't concede any on his wing, then yes I guess I must be. It wasn't his best night with the boot and he had a couple of fumbles, but considering he was meant to be dropped for Farnworth, who didn't score any points, it wasn't the worst outcome.

Last edited:
This play summed up what a dumb ****, over-rated plodder Josh Jackson is. Plenty are already dragging TPJ over the touch line with no need for extra help. Instead of hanging back in case TPJ off loads back in he joins in the pushing with a dopey fucking look on his face thinking oh this looks like fun.

Still it’s a farce Milf got MoM over Josh Jackson

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  • RolledOates
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Xzei
  • Behold
  • winslow_wong
  • mitch222
  • Lostboy
  • Culhwch
  • Manofoneway
  • Maddy
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.