Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
If trolling is pointing out he scored two tries and kicked 3 goals, and didn't concede any on his wing, then yes I guess I must be. It wasn't his best night with the boot and he had a couple of fumbles, but considering he was meant to be dropped for Farnworth, who didn't score any points, it wasn't the worst outcome.
He fell over the fucking try line for one of them. Did you watch the game or are you just using stats to poorly attempt to prove your point?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
He fell over the fucking try line for one of them. Did you watch the game or are you just using stats to poorly attempt to prove your point?
You mean the one he backed up the ball carrier and stepped one-on-one to score, or the one he raced to the corner and scored from Milford's kick?

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
i think Niu is being undersold here. He looks very promising. He offers all of the essentials of a fullback. Decent playmaking on the sweep and a willing support player. Yes he's currently not got the tackle breaking or speed that makes an excellent fullback but we haven't had a competent one since Hodges was back there.

Hopefully those things develop over time. Definitely a good backup option.
He made 7 tackle breaks?? However I agree that he is unproven in the speed department

Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Nobody’s addressed this yet so I’ll put in my 2 cents - after last nights game one thing has become obvious; Seibs has no right to be coaching the Bronxs in the modern game.

The reason why the players had to take it to themselves to train show they are more in tune with changes to the game. They were all also allowed to play their natural games which is why we saw all those offloads from TPJ and the metre eating runs from Haas. Even Milf showed a bit more initiative on how play was to be dictated.

If anything I feel that Glenn statement on Friday sums up what I’ve always thought about Seibs, good with theory; shit about everything else. His “so called” coaching has severely stifled our playing style that it took the guts of our captain to call him out on it.
Pity Glenn won’t be able to join in the spoils of their labour anytime soon. Time for Seibs to be regulated where he belongs-on the sidelines like last night. In the meantime if the players want to bring Kevvie, Parker, Hodges, whoever!!, the best thing Seibs should do is step aside. At least leave on your own terms before getting booted off the premises!

T

TariqT

NYC Player
Nov 18, 2019
Haven't seen the game in full Comrades, but from down here in Communist Melbourne I'm absolutely stoked/elated. From what I've read and the few highlights I have seen there appear to be some good (no matter how small) signs for the first time in a while.

Great to see TPJ in some form again. Not unexpected that it took him a while after what was a huge layoff. I agree with keeping him in the middle. Oppositions hate dealing with him with the ball in hand. When he draws players in trying to stop his offload, he invariably creates something. Having him further out stops us from drawing in those middle men.

That kick Milf did for Isaako was absolutely world-class. It was good to hear he didn't have a bad game. Without going into where he has been falling short recently, his long kicking game (even his close to line kicks on occasions) really are top tier. If he wasn't behind a going backward pack, I'd swear we'd have 40/20s every game.

Also hearing many people complaining about Flegler. Every game I've seen him play, with the exception of one or two, he's dropped multiple balls. When he comes to the line he often appears to take his eyes off the ball for fear of the approaching defensive line. I see him do it again and again. He's got to fix that, or he can't be in the team. It's too punishing having someone continually drop the pill.

Good to hear Niu had a decent game. He'll get better for sure. Also, no-one is hating on Boyd (a few saying he wasn't bad) - so I'll take that as he played well.

Halfback appears a worry. I actually thought Sean O'Sullivan was looking the goods when he was playing last year. He seemed up for the scrap and willing to put his body on the line. Maybe give him a shot when he comes back. I still think Deardon is a little green. Needs to start off the back of a full preseason.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'd put it this way:

Great game - Haas, TPJ, Niu, Carrigan
Good game: Milf, Coates, Luke, Glenn, Oates, Boyd, Teo, Paix
Average game: Hoppa, Farnworth
Poor game: Flegler, Isaako, Croft

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Nobody’s addressed this yet so I’ll put in my 2 cents - after last nights game one thing has become obvious; Seibs has no right to be coaching the Bronxs in the modern game.

The reason why the players had to take it to themselves to train show they are more in tune with changes to the game. They were all also allowed to play their natural games which is why we saw all those offloads from TPJ and the metre eating runs from Haas. Even Milf showed a bit more initiative on how play was to be dictated.

If anything I feel that Glenn statement on Friday sums up what I’ve always thought about Seibs, good with theory; shit about everything else. His “so called” coaching has severely stifled our playing style that it took the guts of our captain to call him out on it.
Pity Glenn won’t be able to join in the spoils of their labour anytime soon. Time for Seibs to be regulated where he belongs-on the sidelines like last night. In the meantime if the players want to bring Kevvie, Parker, Hodges, whoever!!, the best thing Seibs should do is step aside. At least leave on your own terms before getting booted off the premises!
So we are the opposite of every good sports movie ever made. Instead of the coach grounding individuals and bringing out there best. The coach gets exposed to some youthful exuberance then puts down the clipboard and falls in love with ad lib backyard footy again.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
TPJ/Haas should be our 8/10 for the rest of the season. Flegler needs to be demoted until he sorts out his handling. If you can make it 2 weeks without a mistake, welcome back to first grade. Although I guess that doesn't work with no reserve grade comp now.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
TPJ/Haas should be our 8/10 for the rest of the season. Flegler needs to be demoted until he sorts out his handling. If you can make it 2 weeks without a mistake, welcome back to first grade. Although I guess that doesn't work with no reserve grade comp now.
I’d prefer they were both 10/10, but I suppose 80% will suffice 🤪

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
Bulldogs player gets no charge for shoulder charging TPJ which he would have got two weeks for before loading and only one week for taking out Glenn. Fuckin joke

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Niu is too small to be elite.
IMG 1500 IMG 1501

Unread

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • MrMoore
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • pennywisealfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • cento
  • Dash
  • broncoscope
  • BruiserMk1
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.