Round 9 - Broncos vs Cowboys Pre-game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't. I know BP is talking about the last 20 meters. That's why I'm arguing what sense it would make to put Hoggman closer to the play making positions when you need someone capable of something other than running with the ball.

Moving Hodgo to FB in that case is pretty much ensuring he won't get the ball if he ventures outside of Hoffman, thus killing the attack.

Not necessarily. If the defence think Hoff might get the ball, they'll put defenders on him because all jokes aside, he can thrash himself at least part-way through a defensive line. Bang - cut him out, straight to Hodges as the second-man and we'll be awarded with 8 point tries out of sheer awesomeness. Cue doves getting released and the blind being cured.

Duncan Paia’aua suspended for a week so he misses a chance this week to press any claims.
1910 do you think Duncan is next in line ? Is he before Nikorima gets a shot ?

Not necessarily. If the defence think Hoff might get the ball, they'll put defenders on him because all jokes aside, he can thrash himself at least part-way through a defensive line. Bang - cut him out, straight to Hodges as the second-man and we'll be awarded with 8 point tries out of sheer awesomeness. Cue doves getting released and the blind being cured.
He can do that from a wing position. It would make for an awesome combination with Vidot coming out of our own half.

Broncos sure do take a long time to name their teams now. They used to be announced midday.

Duncan Paia’aua suspended for a week so he misses a chance this week to press any claims.

really ? he is named in the under 20's comp at halfback this week with kodi going to isc.

really ? he is named in the under 20's comp at halfback this week with kodi going to isc.

he was suspended last week, hence not having a chance to impress for this weeks game..

someone go wake mr griffin up, i believe he fell asleep at his desk trying to decide between hoffman or hodges at 6

1 Ben Barba
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges (C)
5 Dale Copley
6 Josh Hoffman
7 Ben Hunt

8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Martin Kennedy
11 Alex Glenn
12 Corey Parker (C)
13 Matt Gillett

Interchange
14 David Hala
15 Jarrod Wallace
16 Jake Granville
17 Corey Oates
18 Todd Lowrie

Is Hannant injured? Hala is a good sign. I'd love to see him really stand up here.

Last edited:
Wow Hannant dropped, must be something really to it, from the video on the website it states his been dropped and no mention of injury.

Last edited:
There's no way. He's been our best prop 3 weeks running. He has to be injured.

Might be something to the Titans rumour after all, wouldn't be completely surprised if we give him an early release to join them for the rest of this year, they could use another big prop.

Ten News says he's playing for Ipswich in QCup

ins and outs say's hannant has been dropped, interesting move that will definately give oates and wallace more minutes, which i think is a plus. i definately would prefer hala in there for his short bursts off the bench, we have lacked a damaging runner coming on with to many workhorse style front rowers, and considering almost all our starting pack is capable of 80 minutes this should be a more balanced team.

If he's playing for Ipswich, then I'm officially lost.

Hannant = Our best prop = Drop him.
Kennedy = Our worst prop = Give him a permanent starting position.

Seems legit.

Last edited:
Well if the future of Ben Hannant wasn't obvious before it certainly is now. It's a harsh selection based on form, I thought he was clearly the best forward off the bench sans that critical knock on but I believe Hook has made up his mind on him.

I can't say I'm a fan of Kennedy receiving another go. I really believe he needs a stint in QCup just to get his head straight but hopefully he makes the most of the opportunity because the patience of the public is certainly wearing thin.

Same deal with the five eigth situation, although it's hardly surprising given Paia'Aua was suspended when he really needed to put in a big performance against the Falcons. I don't know if his return to the NYC signals the end of any chance of playing first grade given the Capras had Crisp return and he's a far more influential player to their team than Paia'Aua is but it certainly stalls it. Nikorima being promoted is a nice sign for him after it seemed like he had been discarded to the fullback position once again but unless there is an injury, it's difficult to see where he'll fit in with Murphy & Foster already in the halves and Carney doing a fine job at fullback for them. If it's in a bench utility role, I don't know if it'll really suit him.

Either way, I expect another close derby but this is a very important game for the Broncos so I hope the fans really get behind them.

Hope we have some good young props coming through, who can debut sometime this year or during origin period.

I wish we could drop our shit coach. FFS how can he justify dropping Hannant after his game against Souths. 33 tackles and 17 hit ups for 136m's compared to Kennedy who made 6 hit ups for 52m's and made 21 tackles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• jd87
  • kman
  • Bronx48
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Strop
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Inknition
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Galah
  • Morkel
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.